What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The all-in-one Hawkins thread

Re: Bohn To Announce Hawkins' Fate Tomorrow (Thursday)

How could all of the experts on this board who are "in the know" be wrong? Fess up!

It's ok, he's just going to announce that Shanahan is hired and will be acting as OC for the Nebraska game the following day.

Re: Paging Pissbomber ..... What Are You Hearing ?

horrified-thumb.jpg

Well, if he's back next season, maybe he'll have a great year!

Keep on the sunny side, always on the sunny side...

Atleast I wont have to make that 5 hour drive to games next year.

Maybe we're thinking about this the wrong way...

Why would they announce his retention (a decision that will anger scores of fans) the day before a big game? Are they going to wank 50k angry Buffs fans at the stadium? The news will still be very fresh. Not to mention this game already has an ugly history from just a few years ago.

Maybe Bohn is announcing tomorrow because of all the leaks that came out today (nip em in the bud). Also, figures it will give Hawk and the team an emotional last game.

Why would they announce his retention (a decision that will anger scores of fans) the day before a big game? Are they going to wank 50k angry Buffs fans at the stadium? The news will still be very fresh. Not to mention this game already has an ugly history from just a few years ago.

Maybe Bohn is announcing tomorrow because of all the leaks that came out today (nip em in the bud). Also, figures it will give Hawk and the team an emotional last game.

I sure hope so.... but I have a bad bad feeling.

I can't imagine that Bohn will announce that Hawk is gone Thanksgiving Day. Just great. Dan wins one again, for himself and his family on Thanksgiving, and all the fans take another one in the gut. Plus the probable loss to the corn flakes on Friday. How long does Bohn honestly think fans are going to tolerate a program that is so fractured? I don't blame outsiders for pointing their fat fingers at Colorado football and laughing.

I just don't see how they'd fire him a day before the game. That's unheard of. Then again so is retaining him.

Re: I'm wondering if Hawkins was told if he wins Friday he stays...

I know this is the hundredth conjecture, but it would seem to make a little sense with all the confusion going on. He is coming out saying he expects to be back because he thinks we will win Friday. We'll see...

Apparently not, with the news that Bohn is going to make an announcement tomorrow.... :huh:

Bring the blue out back for the game if he is retained?? :smile2:

I've decided that I am right. When my prediction in the previous comes to pass, you will all have to give me rep.

:smile2:

I just don't see how they'd fire him a day before the game. That's unheard of. Then again so is retaining him.

I just might not eat tomorrow, there is too great of a chance of uncontrolled vomiting.

I like the way you think. But it's just hard to imagine you let the situation linger this long, then axe him the day before the nub game, on Thanksgiving Day.... :huh: Hell, it's not like tomorrow is a huge media day - would it really be that hard to just ride it out until Monday at this point??? :sad1:

How could all of the experts on this board who are "in the know" be wrong? Fess up!

Here's what seemed to have happened:

- Bohn was very disturbed by the attendance figures for Mizzou on Homecoming (then again later vs TAMU) despite all of the ridiculously cheap ticket deals he was pushing

- The loss to Iowa State cinched it for him that not only were the fans losing interest, the team wasn't improving... and that Hawkins needed to go

- DiStefano is a big supporter of Hawkins but was won over by Bohn after the Oklahoma State loss

- Bohn left for Maui, Hawkins pleaded his case with DiStefano, and it's looking like Bohn has a major fight on his hands when he gets back if he doesn't want to be overruled on this

- All the public statements by DiStefano, Benson and the Regents that it's an AD issue/decision is public posturing BS with Bohn being made into a scapegoat for the situation (he's cheap to replace)

[video=youtube;MHFyXl7gCpg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHFyXl7gCpg[/video]

All of this is a carefully plotted plan by the AD to make the product on the field look competent, well planned and organized by comparison....

If he is retained and we lose (especially if its a blowout) Friday, it could be very very ugly up in Folsom.

Wait, I thought tomorrow was Thanksgiving.

It's apparently CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!

Bohn, WTF is wrong with you?!!!!! You need to get fired a long with Hackins!!!

Attachments

• Retards.jpg
    Retards.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 1

Hopefully this decision will cost all of them their jobs.

maybe you announce tomorrow so that the players know either way
that they aren't playing for Hawkins' job ...

Back