What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

This Season is Special - ENJOY IT

Why is it that CU hasn’t become a destination program for the McDonald’s AA types? Is it that we aren’t playing the graft and corruption game?
About half of the burger boys end up at the Top 10 programs. Most of the others are spread out among programs, with them getting 1 guy every now and then. Link. CU is not going to be in that first group. We're unlikely to even be in that second group unless we pay or get someone on the secondary market through a transfer.

The way to build the program we want is to fill the roster with Top 150 guys. That's do-able and we'll have enough NBA talents develop from that pool. Couple that with the defense & rebounding and how well coached our program is and I believe that's what would put us to where we are a high level program on a consistent basis.

Let the Arizonas and UCLAs have the burger boys. We'll beat them often enough with the types of players I'm talking about since we'll be running out there with guys who have been 2-4 years in our system against teams relying on all-world freshmen.

About half of the burger boys end up at the Top 10 programs. Most of the others are spread out among programs, with them getting 1 guy every now and then. CU is not going to be in that first group. We're unlikely to even be in that second group unless we pay or get someone on the secondary market through a transfer.

The way to build the program we want is to fill the roster with Top 150 guys. That's do-able and we'll have enough NBA talents develop from that pool. Couple that with the defense & rebounding and how well coached our program is and I believe that's what would put us to where we are a high level program on a consistent basis.

Let the Arizonas and UCLAs have the burger boys. We'll beat them often enough with the types of players I'm talking about since we'll be running out there with guys who have been 2-4 years in our system against teams relying on all-world freshmen.
Should lead to more consistent results too. Tad is crazy consistent.

I agree - the tournament is a one and done crapshoot. I’ve been consistent: GETTING to the tournament is the standard. Qualifying to the tournament is an indication of how well your season went. Expecting Colorado to be one of the best 68 teams in the country is not onerous IMO.
Not to be too nit picky because I agree with your overall point but the tournament does not represent the best 68 teams. More like top 50-55 and then a group of automatic bids.

About half of the burger boys end up at the Top 10 programs. Most of the others are spread out among programs, with them getting 1 guy every now and then. Link. CU is not going to be in that first group. We're unlikely to even be in that second group unless we pay or get someone on the secondary market through a transfer.

There are plenty of examples of programs that aren’t Blue Bloods and don’t have the AA recruits that make tourney runs. For sure.

It is a lot of fun to watch this team win. It's also a lot of fun to watch how they win, they keep finding different ways to win games. We have had nights when Bey couldn't find his touch, nights when the refs wouldn't let Battey breath without calling fouls on him, nights when kin was struggling, nights when we couldn't hit a three and nights when we couldn't hit a layup. We have had games when it seemed like every rebound went over our guys boxing out and to the opponent. Despite all this we have seen them stick with it, not quit, and end up winning games.

The other part is that this team is full of guys who seem to be very high quality people. I want us to find a way to keep Evan Battey in Colorado, just a really caring human being who is the kind of person you want as a co-worker or neighbor. He is far from the only guy who is easy to cheer for. They play hard but are about the team and each other, not just about themselves.

The Stanford game was an impressive display of sportsmanship but in retrospect it doesn't surprise me. These guys both as a group and individually seem to really understand that basketball is important but being the right kind of people is more important.

@Darth Snow didn't get enough “likes” for his post.

I went to the CU ticket site and bought two for the UCLA game. It will be my wife’s first game at CU basketball.

This team has me energized! I’m really hoping she has a great experience. I plan on taking her to the Dark Horse before the game and have a great day watching CU WIN!

My grandpa grew up with John Wooden in Martinsville, Indiana. Grandpa took my dad to a UCLA game back in the day and JW remembered my grandpa and invited them down on the floor. I know.. cool story, bro...

This was a recent draw With us as a five seed! This would be a dream draw. Steven F Austin, then Penn State to get to the second weekend. Then SDSU and Duke to get to the final four assuming all goes chalk! This team is good enough with a lot of luck to get there.

we could also shut the bed and lose to SFA.
I think getting to the second weekend would be freaking great!!!! SKO

Attachments

• 90751EAE-F9C2-4694-A689-D8CD50D2A2E2.jpeg
    90751EAE-F9C2-4694-A689-D8CD50D2A2E2.jpeg
    165.4 KB · Views: 7
Welcome to the club. We have jackets.
silicon-valley-pied-piper-jacket-800x800.jpg

Pac-12
Colorado was fine last year. Pretty good, even. The Buffs won 23 games, including a couple in the NIT; it was, all things considered, a solid-enough season. And then at some point in the summer, after the dust had settled, someone looked at Colorado’s roster, noticed Tad Boyle was set to bring basically everybody back and put it out into the world. All of a sudden, the Buffaloes were the trendy sleeper breakout (and so on) pick of the offseason. We totally lost track of them last year, which made the summer chatter feel very sudden. Wait: Colorado? Really?

Really. Turns out, that stuff was spot on. The Buffaloes are 20-6 with the No. 11 NET and No. 12 strength of schedule, with a 4-4 road record that nearly included a win at Oregon last Thursday night. Rarely do teams who get big, out-of-nowhere offseason buzz meet it, let alone exceed it. Colorado totally has.

Locks: Oregon, Colorado

Buffs 80-1 to win it all. Oregon, BTW, is 30-1.
fwiw, I think this year's Oregon team is better than the one that went to the Final Four a few years ago even though it hasn't been as consistent and isn't as good on defense. Pritchard may be the only guy on the roster who was on last year's team, so it has taken a while.

fwiw, I think this year's Oregon team is better than the one that went to the Final Four a few years ago even though it hasn't been as consistent and isn't as good on defense. Pritchard may be the only guy on the roster who was on last year's team, so it has taken a while.

Based primarily on my personal opinion, I strongly disagree with that. I think they are the 3rd best team in the Pac and not Top 10 nationally. Sure, if Duarte and Pritchard are locked in, they are legit. But the same can be said for everyone.

Guys we are going to Omaha and we might be there a bit.

I just burned every dumb-ass excuse and piece of political capital I have to avoid a family trip to visit the inlaws in Omaha. I did so without checking the tourney schedule, I regret that now.

you are welcome.

The 2016 team was much more balanced and had more depth. Looking back, it's crazy to think Pritchard played a huge role on the 2016 team as well.

Last edited:
Back