What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Time to reboot this forum, I suppose

I am out on Bronco. No Texas, No good.

Bingo ! Texas recruiting is A#1 especially if one thinks CU will be back in the Big12 within the next couple of years.
Eh, I dunno. If recruiting Texas, California, and Colorado is viewed as critical for success at CU, I would expect any competent coach would assemble a staff of guys who can recruit those states. Bronco seems like a guy with at least baseline competence for building a program, so I would expect him to do just fine on that front. Certainly wouldn’t view that as a disqualifier for him.

i know Deion has been brought up before, but I thought this article was interesting. He’s about as far from B4L as I can imagine, would be affordable (I think), and FSU being unbeaten makes that an unlikely destination.
The only advantage to Deion is that he may already be better known than all but a handful college coaches.

He would be a train wreck in Boulder. Culturally he is absolutely not a fit.

Even if we get the changes administratively that we need to compete we will never be the place for a program like Deion wants to run.

He probably will get offers for P5 jobs sooner than later but he is not what we need.

The only advantage to Deion is that he may already be better known than all but a handful college coaches.

Even if we get the changes administratively that we need to compete we will never be the place for a program like Deion wants to run.

He probably will get offers for P5 jobs sooner than later but he is not what we need.

I've seen his name mentioned for GT but I don't see that one either. Maybe at Auburn but would he be willing to put up with all the booster interference down there? Doubtful. Besides it sounds like Freeze and Kiffin are at the top of their list

Eh, I dunno. If recruiting Texas, California, and Colorado is viewed as critical for success at CU, I would expect any competent coach would assemble a staff of guys who can recruit those states. Bronco seems like a guy with at least baseline competence for building a program, so I would expect him to do just fine on that front. Certainly wouldn’t view that as a disqualifier for him.
He’s organized recruiting at a school who has a monopoly on a substantial number of older players and a flagship school in a state/region with boat loads of talent within driving distance. When comparing candidates, the experience and connections needed to reinvigorate the DFW pipeline is an important differentiator.

He’s organized recruiting at a school who has a monopoly on a substantial number of older players and a flagship school in a state/region with boat loads of talent within driving distance. When comparing candidates, the experience and connections needed to reinvigorate the DFW pipeline is an important differentiator.
Understand what you’re getting at, just think geographic connections can be provided thru a well constructed staff. The lion’s share of recruits under KD have been Texas kids (obviously not all from the metroplex), but if this current crew can get some traction down there, I would expect it’s not an insurmountable obstacle. That said, there are other potential candidates who do have more established connections in DFW, if they also have the fundamental characteristics necessary to run a program in need of a rebuild, bring them on.

Understand what you’re getting at, just think geographic connections can be provided thru a well constructed staff. The lion’s share of recruits under KD have been Texas kids (obviously not all from the metroplex), but if this current crew can get some traction down there, I would expect it’s not an insurmountable obstacle. That said, there are other potential candidates who do have more established connections in DFW, if they also have the fundamental characteristics necessary to run a program in need of a rebuild, bring them on.
Being a strong leader in recruiting in DFW/HOU is a necessary, but insufficient, criterion for the next HC.

Lets Go Reaction GIF by BET

He'd be a very good recruiter and would create a ton of buzz - I'm not seeing the issue here

He'd be a very good recruiter and would create a ton of buzz - I'm not seeing the issue here
For a lot of places he would be great.

Boulder is an interesting environment and I don't think his approach to the game would go over well.

For a lot of places he would be great.

Boulder is an interesting environment and I don't think his approach to the game would go over well.
What specifically and why should we care what Boulder thinks? If Boulder had their way CU wouldn't have a team.

If you're hiring based on what Boulder finds acceptable....

What specifically and why should we care what Boulder thinks? If Boulder had their way CU wouldn't have a team.

If you're hiring based on what Boulder finds acceptable....
Because like it or not the football program is a part of the university and university community which interacts with the city as a whole.

CU is not a SEC school or a Nebraska where as long as you are winning anything goes.

Because like it or not the football program is a part of the university and university community which interacts with the city as a whole.

CU is not a SEC school or a Nebraska where as long as you are winning anything goes.
Sorry just not seeing anything that makes this a valid argument against Sanders here.

Sanders won't be the coach at CU but not because of Boulder.

I'm not starting any threads, but if I'm whoever the **** is going to be hiring the next head coach here, I kick the tires on Paul Chryst.

Re: Deion

I'm sure he takes being a coach very seriously, and he seems to be a good one. But he makes a lot of money off the brand of being Deion Sanders. I very highly doubt he would even consider risking that brand on being the head coach at Colorado.

Re: Deion

I'm sure he takes being a coach very seriously, and he seems to be a good one. But he makes a lot of money off the brand of being Deion Sanders. I very highly doubt he would even consider risking that brand on being the head coach at Colorado.
Yeah, he isn’t coming to Colorado.

Back