What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Transfer Portal is Open

Eddie hitting the portal. (Already posted in the “24-25 Team” thread).

Didn't even see in here that he was in the portal.

I guess if you're not in the later rounds of the tourney, you can get on recruiting transfers earlier?

What exactly are the rules for basketball, is there a limit to the number of times you can transfer?

Eddie's transferred from two four year schools that both had his sport, doesn't that mean he has to sit out a year?

What exactly are the rules for basketball, is there a limit to the number of times you can transfer?

Eddie's transferred from two four year schools that both had his sport, doesn't that mean he has to sit out a year?
No limit. College Free agency at any time the transfer portal opens with immediate eligibility.

Lol. Now all those teams turning down NIT invites makes sense. Get your kids that want out earlier, so you can recruit the portal earlier.

Our previous walk on's Jessup and Koonce transferred there as well and were 3rd and 4th leading scorers there. Tad definitely knows about this kid. That tape shows athleticism that will definitely translate up.

his energy really comes through in those clips, would love someone who likes to dunk instead of lay it up, let's get him

I know they're not your school, but any thoughts @torero ?
Confused Bugs Bunny GIF by Looney Tunes

UCSD beat a bipolar USD team really early in the year that almost lost to something called Sonoma State, got pounded by Stanford, but then beat Arizona State a week later. I make no judgements on anyone performance against USD before the New Year. They gelled and became a decent WCC team as conference play wore on. So, I don’t know anything about him.

Reading posts in other threads, it’s hard to believe Tad hasn’t entered the portal yet. 😁

What are the theories on why Eddie, J'Vonne and Luke are hitting the portal since all indications are they really liked being Buffs and Tad liked all 3? The lure of NIL? Tad looking to rebuild?

What are the theories on why Eddie, J'Vonne and Luke are hitting the portal since all indications are they really liked being Buffs and Tad liked all 3? The lure of NIL? Tad looking to rebuild?
My sister's friend's aunt's brother told me that the inability to bet on their own player props, the lack of a legitimate Canadian basketball league, and Tad's refusal to call time outs in the first half are responsible. Plus, they hate AllBuffs

If a guy has graduated, the destination school has to offer 2 years for a Master's Degree as a transfer. CU would only be able to pay 1 more year of scholarship. Stack on that there's good NIL money in that open market transfer deal. Then you have that Tad recruits and signs with the assumption that seniors will be open scholarships. I think the only 2 openings he didn't sign for are KJ & Cody. Maybe he thought Hadley would be back since he was at JUCO for the Covid year and may have been thought of as having 3 years of eligibility when signed. So, 3 signed, 3 more opened up which were expected by the time they happened, and we're waiting to see if anyone else decides to transfer.

If a guy has graduated, the destination school has to offer 2 years for a Master's Degree as a transfer. CU would only be able to pay 1 more year of scholarship. Stack on that there's good NIL money in that open market transfer deal. Then you have that Tad recruits and signs with the assumption that seniors will be open scholarships. I think the only 2 openings he didn't sign for are KJ & Cody. Maybe he thought Hadley would be back since he was at JUCO for the Covid year and may have been thought of as having 3 years of eligibility when signed. So, 3 signed, 3 more opened up which were expected by the time they happened, and we're waiting to see if anyone else decides to transfer.
I was trying to explain to my wife why they’d transfer and knew there was a reason for a grad transfer to move on but couldn’t remember the reason. So thanks. You saved my marriage.

Back