What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

USC fires Clay Helton

could be the first time in the playoff era that a coach was fired two games into a season following a division championship

We can only hope that it works out as well for USC as it did for us when Bohn fired Gary Barnett. I have often wondered what would have happened in the intervening years if he didn’t do that.

Good news, we still have a chance to beat them!

200.gif

I’m guessing some big wallet came along and gave Bohn all the money he needed to make it happen. Those USC folks don’t like losing.

Is it finally Jack Del Rio time??? Lol
That’s exactly the kind of coach they’d have hired when Swann was the AD.
With Bohn, who knows. His record in hiring football coaches is spotty at best. For every Luke Fickell, there’s a Dan Hawkins or Jon Embree to balance things out.

That’s exactly the kind of coach they’d have hired when Swann was the AD.
With Bohn, who knows. His record in hiring football coaches is spotty at best. For every Luke Fickell, there’s a Dan Hawkins or Jon Embree to balance things out.

He's never been in a situation like now tho.

If I were to put the people I think they SHOULD go after in order, it would be:
1) James Franklin
2) Mario Cristobal
3) Matt Campbell

Because it's SC and they have Bohn in charge, I think they will go:
1) Graham Harrell
2) Guz Malzahn
3) Luke Fickell
What‘s wrong witch Luke Fickell. Back to back 11 win seasons at UC isn’t too shabby, but then again I was really high on hiring Dan Hawkins.

I also would not be surprised if they kick the tires on Bieniemy.
I don’t think EB is a big enough name for them, but kicking the tires doesn’t necessarily mean they hire him. The connection with Bohn might mean something here. At the end of the day, I think Bohn hires a big a name as possible to give himself some cover if it implodes.

Too bad they botched their shot at getting Meyer

but it wouldn’t shock me if he comes crawling back to college ball after how bad the Jaguars looked

If I were to put the people I think they SHOULD go after in order, it would be:
1) James Franklin
2) Mario Cristobal
3) Matt Campbell

Because it's SC and they have Bohn in charge, I think they will go:
1) Graham Harrell
2) Guz Malzahn
3) Luke Fickell
Man, I really don’t think USC is a better job than Oregon right now. I’d be stunned if they could lure Cristobal away.

He's never been in a situation like now tho.
This is absolutely correct. He has money, support, resources, and this is one of the coveted jobs in college football, across the board.

even bohn probably can't **** this up. "competing for national championships" is, however, a very high high bar for any pac 12 team right now.

i have 2 main hopes:

1. this causes them to have a ****ty season and we benefit.
2. they throw the bank at a big name and he fails, utterly and expensively, over a 3-5 year period.

Man, I really don’t think USC is a better job than Oregon right now. I’d be stunned if they could lure Cristobal away.
That is not how the usc faithful will see it. More money, more tradition, more resources, not in the state of oregon AND a chance to pop another p12 power right in the face.

this would be an on-brand usc hire.

Back