What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

USC hires Mike Bohn to replace Lynn Swann as AD

MM would probably do pretty well up there. No big programs to recruit against. Going up against New Mexico, UNLV, Hawaii and Wyoming sure beats the Hell out of USC, Washington, Stanford and Oregon. It would be right in his wheelhouse. He could cry at post game pressers and nobody would notice.

Helton is probably coming back next season.

Yikes, I’m admittedly ignorant to everything that’s happened there, USC is a ****ing mess. I know we should want them to be good because the PAC 12 but watching them consistently fail so splendidly is quite enjoyable. I didn’t realize they owed Helton that much money, he’s probably enjoying all these rumors, he’s getting paid either way.

Yikes, I’m admittedly ignorant to everything that’s happened there, USC is a ****ing mess. I know we should want them to be good because the PAC 12 but watching them consistently fail so splendidly is quite enjoyable. I didn’t realize they owed Helton that much money, he’s probably enjoying all these rumors, he’s getting paid either way.

Bohn has been on the job for just two weeks. He couldn't have uncovered everything that is wrong with the Trojan AD in that time frame. Trojans just have 11 seniors on that roster so based on that, Helton should have one more season at USC. He'll have two proven QBs in a QB friendly offense in that offense's second year. I just don't see any good reason to fire Helton right now.

Bohn has been on the job for just two weeks. He couldn't have uncovered everything that is wrong with the Trojan AD in that time frame. Trojans just have 11 seniors on that roster so based on that, Helton should have one more season at USC. He'll have two proven QBs in a QB friendly offense in that offense's second year. I just don't see any good reason to fire Helton right now.
The good reason to fire Helton right now is to hire Urban Meyer and immediately become the Pac 12 favorite in 2020. $20m to make Helton go away would be a small price for that program to pay for the kind of hype they would receive if Meyer was hired.

Looks like he's busy - https://www.latimes.com/sports/usc/story/2020-01-14/usc-athletic-officials-fired

"
When Mike Bohn was hired as the first outsider to lead USC athletics in decades, sweeping changes were expected inside a historically insular department recently racked by scandal.

Those changes at Heritage Hall have begun, according to multiple people familiar with the situation who were not authorized to speak publicly. Three of USC’s most senior officials in the athletic department are out, including Steve Lopes, the CFO and COO, who’d long been considered second in command.

Their removals stem in part from concerns over recent turmoil, including the “Varsity Blues” admissions scandal, The Times has learned. One department official, Donna Heinel, was indicted on federal bribery charges last year.

Ron Orr, a senior associate athletic director who led the Trojan Athletic Fund, is also out, along with associate athletic director Scott Jacobson, who also worked in development and fundraising.
"

Back