What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

USC is hiring Lincoln Riley from Oklahoma as its new HC

The jealousy I am feeling is beginning to boil over. Kicking players that would be #1, #3, and #1 by a mile in our class to the curb is pretty stark

(and yes, I know, there's a possibility that 1 or more or even all 3 are decommitting due to their position coaches not being retained or otherwise choosing to leave, but USC won't even blink long term at these decommits whatever the cause)

Only if they remain a part of what we currently refer to as the PAC12. That’s tenuous. A lot is going to change over the next three to five years.
What the Pac-12 should do is change the conference payout system. Equal at the base, but bonuses for getting chosen for national broadcasts & post-season. Reward ADs for winning & being marketable. That would tilt the wheel in the way that USC wants & fairly deserves.

Extend Riley!!

shocked no way GIF

What the Pac-12 should do is change the conference payout system. Equal at the base, but bonuses for getting chosen for national broadcasts & post-season. Reward ADs for winning & being marketable. That would tilt the wheel in the way that USC wants & fairly deserves.
That’s not a rich old white man in a smoke-filled room arrange things and you know it

As much as we want USC to suck eggs, it will help us a lot if they’re elite again. It would improve the perception for the conference, help keep elite players in the footprint, drive a better media contract, and generally improve the fortunes of all PAC 12 programs. We never beat them when they sucked, so why not benefit from the being elite again?
Maybe some on here want them to suck, I'm not one them. When we finally beat those mother****ers, I don't want them to be trash. Problem is, I don't see us being anywhere close to beating them anytime soon.

This comment belongs either in this or the Brian Kelly thread, but I never thought I'd see the day that top head coaches were stolen from OU and ND. Those are two of the best jobs in America for college coaches. And they can afford to pay whatever it takes. Blows my mind to be seeing this. Saban is gonna get a big raise, that's for sure. When Mel Tucker makes what Saban does, you know there is a problem.

This comment belongs either in this or the Brian Kelly thread, but I never thought I'd see the day that top head coaches were stolen from OU and ND. Those are two of the best jobs in America for college coaches. And they can afford to pay whatever it takes. Blows my mind to be seeing this. Saban is gonna get a big raise, that's for sure. When Mel Tucker makes what Saban does, you know there is a problem.
The glass ceiling isn't working!

In Notre Dame’s case, I am all here for it.

Yeah, but it won't really hurt them in the long term. They'll just hire Fickell or Matt Campbell to replace Kelly. Same for OU.

That's why LSU made a hell of a hire because LSU could continue to win games after Kelly calls it a career like Grand Valley State, CMU, and Cincinnati continued to win after he left. That imo would be more guaranteed in Baton Rogue than LA but Riley in LA has that enormous upside.

Back