What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

USC is hiring Lincoln Riley from Oklahoma as its new HC

I'd take that tweet with Riley's contract details with a HUGE grain of salt.
Even if they aren't, he's making an extra $3-4 million per year in LA. And while houses are expensive out there, they appreciate in value.

He's paying more in state income taxes, which will be a chunk, no doubt, but that's about it other than gas. I was shocked seeing over $5/gallon when we were in Napa.

Even if they aren't, he's making an extra $3-4 million per year in LA. And while houses are expensive out there, they appreciate in value.

He's paying more in state income taxes, which will be a chunk, no doubt, but that's about it other than gas. I was shocked seeing over $5/gallon when we were in Napa.

My point was solely about that tweet. I really don't give a **** whether 10m in SoCal goes further than just short of 8 in Oklahoma as I think you can live very, very, very comfortably either way.

Plus, depending on whether Oklahoma employs a similar system to Colorado’s PERA, Riley may have maxed out his pension benefits.

Now we wait for the the inevitable discussion that will ensue regarding pension benefits. It will certainly rival the discussion of commuting in LA.

That's putting it mildly. His USC contract is generational wealth for his family if managed properly.

And so was his OU contract.

Nevermind that OU will probably match or come very close to USC's offer if Riley's wants to use it as leverage.

And so was his OU contract.

Nevermind that OU will probably match or come very close to USC's offer if Riley's wants to use it as leverage.
This actually brings up something I hadnt considered before. In the real working world, accepting a counter offer is almost universally discouraged. Lots of reasons to not accept a counter offer, not the least of which is the fact that if they thought you were worth that, it shouldn’t take a threat of leaving to get you to stay. Seems as though in the coaching profession, it’s fairly commonplace to leverage offers to get a raise from your current employer.

Just a random weird thought that came to my mind.

They aren't taking in to account the PJ he can use whenever he wants to just live somewhere other than his free $6M house in LA
Yeah, but have you considered that there aren't many opportunities for to noodle for catfish in muddy lakes in L.A. as there are around OKC/Norman?

$4.63 in San Luis Obisbo last week

When I first took a job in So Cal, I asked the owner about real estate and where I should live. He said, "West of the 5, you'll pay 50% more but your quality of life is at least 100% better being that close to the beach." He was right. Different strokes for different folks and all that, but the difference between living in L.A. vs Norman, OK at his level of wealth & fame would be at least an order of magnitude (10x) improvement to quality of life in my opinion.

Yeah, but have you considered that there aren't many opportunities for to noodle for catfish in muddy lakes in L.A. as there are around OKC/Norman?
I saw a show on noodling and I thought it was the strangest thing I had ever seen until I saw the show about the guys who kill wild boar with their bare hands and a knife. I love hunting and fishing as much as anyone but that was beyond.

They aren't taking in to account the PJ he can use whenever he wants to just live somewhere other than his free $6M house in LA
Yeah, plus the $500k “over asking” he supposedly got for both his houses in Norman. A free $7m buys him 3.5 years before he actually starts making “less” by my count. Suck it Sooners!

When I first took a job in So Cal, I asked the owner about real estate and where I should live. He said, "West of the 5, you'll pay 50% more but your quality of life is at least 100% better being that close to the beach." He was right. Different strokes for different folks and all that, but the difference between living in L.A. vs Norman, OK at his level of wealth & fame would be at least an order of magnitude (10x) improvement to quality of life in my opinion.
Not to mention he’s now a legit celebrity in that town. The endorsement opportunities are endless

plus:
-live next to the Pacific Ocean
-USC will be psyched to get rolled in the CFP for a few years
-brinks truck of money
-kids will finally shut up about when they'll live somewhere cool
-on the drive to work you pass by a half dozen 5*s

minus:
-fishing is limited to piers and fishing boats, no hand fishing in the dirt
-traffic exists because nobody likes CA, it's a conspiracy that half of the country lives there
-assistants have to share a duplex in Compton
-the Dodgers and Lakers exist

I’d be interested to see who made more in endorsements the last five years: Helton or Riley. Or even Kelly or Riley. I’m not going to look it up.

Yeah, plus the $500k “over asking” he supposedly got for both his houses in Norman. A free $7m buys him 3.5 years before he actually starts making “less” by my count. Suck it Sooners!
That was debunked. Considering how hot the real estate market is, I’m sure they’ll make money and find something awesome in a beach town.

Back