What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Utah game for pac-12 South championship

Yup, way it should be. Beat another ranked team to get to the P12 championship. Can't believe Utah lost to Oragon at home...

They want their revenge for 2011, and I welcome the opportunity to crush that idea while simultaneously knocking USC out of the Pac-12 title that so many for some reason have already handed them (if you watched the USC game last night they talked as if UW vs USC was a foregone conclusion)..

They want their revenge for 2011, and I welcome the opportunity to crush that idea while simultaneously knocking USC out of the Pac-12 title that so many for some reason have already handed them (if you watched the USC game last night they talked as if UW vs USC was a foregone conclusion)..
Forde Tweeted out yesterday after the Utah loss, that all SC had to do to win the South, was beat UCLA. Certain people in the media seemingly choose not to acknowledge CU.

ESPN constantly pumped up USC, ignoring others like CU for example. It's because they have a vested interest in getting people excited for USC as ABC is covering the USC v Notre Dame game next weekend. That's a poor job of reporting all the facts and possibilities, hoping to put blinders on the viewing public. Fox has us again next week, so they didn't even want to let people know we existed. I don't know Forde's issue, and chalk that up to ignorance.

Forde Tweeted out yesterday after the Utah loss, that all SC had to do to win the South, was beat UCLA. Certain people in the media seemingly choose not to acknowledge CU.

Did he really say that? I don't tweet, but those here who do should bombard him mercilessly with severe rebukes.

He's been on our hype train at least, just seemed like an honest mistake even if it shows people aren't paying attention enough.

He's been on our hype train at least, just seemed like an honest mistake even if it shows people aren't paying attention enough.

I dunno, seems like Forde's always taken the opportunity to needlessly sh*t on CU over the last several years. Barnett was his HS coach, and I don't think he got over the way GB got pushed out. Didn't matter how irrelevant CU was, Forde always seemed to enjoy piling on our misery with a snide tweet about how bad we were.

I dunno, seems like Forde's always taken the opportunity to needlessly sh*t on CU over the last several years. Barnett was his HS coach, and I don't think he got over the way GB got pushed out. Didn't matter how irrelevant CU was, Forde always seemed to enjoy piling on our misery with a snide tweet about how bad we were.
Weird. I always viewed Forde as an advocate. I generally like him.

Regardless of Forde, I hope the team gets refocused, because they have won nothing yet.

WSU was a huge game, but Utah comes in with a scary good dline... Something that has been a weakness of the Buffs this season

I don't know if this has been addressed but suppose CU wins next week but then loses to UW. If UW gets into the CFP what are the selection criteria for the Rose Bowl? If USC finished ahead in the rankings in that scenario would they go? Or does the loser of the CCG get the bid?

I would hate if those USC ****ers weaseled ahead of us

I don't know if this has been addressed but suppose CU wins next week but then loses to UW. If UW gets into the CFP what are the selection criteria for the Rose Bowl? If USC finished ahead in the rankings in that scenario would they go? Or does the loser of the CCG get the bid?

I would hate if those USC ****ers weaseled ahead of us
Yes, it's the highest ranked team, not in the CFP, so there is a very strong chance that USC gets the nod over CU of CU loses in the CCG (assuming they get there).

on the pac 12 network this am the talking heads spent 10 minutes figuring a way for usc to get into the playoffs.....like cu didnt exsist or anyone else for that matter...i wanted to kick the **** out of my tv

on the pac 12 network this am the talking heads spent 10 minutes figuring a way for usc to get into the playoffs.....like cu didnt exsist or anyone else for that matter...i wanted to kick the **** out of my tv
I had to laugh at those guys picks. Oklahoma at 3? lmao

Regardless of Forde, I hope the team gets refocused, because they have won nothing yet.

WSU was a huge game, but Utah comes in with a scary good dline... Something that has been a weakness of the Buffs this season
I wouldn't necessarily call it a weakness - every team's offensive performance goes down when facing a good defense/good defensive line.

Does this sound about right?
Matt Brown said:
The participants in the Pac-12 title game will be decided. Washington (to USC last week) and Washington State (to Colorado on Saturday) both lost games recently, but they're 7-1 and share the Pac-12 North lead, making Friday's Apple Cup one of the biggest in the history of the rivalry. Washington State winning would give it a chance to go to the Rose Bowl, while a Washington win would keep it in the playoff picture. In the South, Colorado needs to beat Utah on Saturday to win the division. Otherwise, USC (who plays a nonconference game against Notre Dame) will win thanks to the head-to-head tiebreaker against the Buffaloes.

Yes, it's the highest ranked team, not in the CFP, so there is a very strong chance that USC gets the nod over CU of CU loses in the CCG (assuming they get there).
It's a tough route to the Rose for the Buffs, our best chance is probably either:

1) We win out, including the CCG but just miss out on the playoff landing us in the Rose Bowl, or;

2) We lose close to Utah, and Washington curb stomps both Wazzu next week and USC in the CCG putting UW in the playoff and CU as the next highest ranked P12 team.

Beating Utah and losing in the CCG probably puts USC in the Rose.

Now knowing the outcome of the USC/UCLA game, I would rather have had Utah beat Oregon so that next week's game would be a winner-take-all deal for either CU or Utah (and USC already done). Instead, we get Utah in the spoiler role. Win or lose, Utah gets to be the spoiler either way. They can win and spoil CU's season, or lose and spoil USC's season. If you are the Utes, and ignoring for the moment your own desire to just win the game, whose season would you rather spoil, CU's or USC's?

It's a tough route to the Rose for the Buffs, our best chance is probably either:

1) We win out, including the CCG but just miss out on the playoff landing us in the Rose Bowl, or;

2) We lose close to Utah, and Washington curb stomps both Wazzu next week and USC in the CCG putting UW in the playoff and CU as the next highest ranked P12 team.

I think beating Utah and losing in the Pac12 champ game puts us in the Rose Bowl

Is a binary selection process for the RB? Meaning, do they have to take that 2nd highest ranked team not in the CFP, or is there some subjectivity involved? My point is that I'm sure the Rose Bowl would much rather have SC than CU no matter what happens.

I think beating Utah and losing in the Pac12 champ game puts us in the Rose Bowl
USC is probably going to finish the season as a top 10 team - I'm not sure we finish ranked ahead of them if we lose our last game of the season even if it is in the CCG. We'll both be 3-loss teams and they beat us.

Back