What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Utah game for pac-12 South championship

If we win out, including a CCG win, we'll jump OU. 11-2 P5 champion with multiple top 25 wins and both losses to likely top 10 teams on the road. That's going to trump a 10-2 P5 champion with a loss to Houston.

It's really irrelevant though, imo, unless Michigan beats tOSU in the Horseshoe with a backup QB - I doubt that happens. Even if we beat a top 5 ranked UW in the CCG, the final 4 will most likely be Bama, tOSU, Clemson, and Pedo State. Our ceiling, imo, is #5.
The Big Ten isnt getting 2 teams in the playoff IMO. And Penn State will lose at least one more game.

Gotta love this too:

http://www.utehub.com/forums/topic/washington-state-colorado/#post-19485

I’m starting to get the feeling that Colorado is about to be exposed for a fraud. Everyone keeps talking about how great their defense is but they really haven’t played anyone with a great offense. Even Oregon’s offense was struggling at that point in the season.
Probably their most impressive performance has come in a L to USC & if you watched that game it was baffling that Colorado managed to keep it close. USC racked up 548 yards of offense including 358 passing yards from Darnold. It was only the 4 USC turnovers that kept it close.
Colorado has played multiple teams at their worst including Oregon & ASU, Stanford & UCLA (all missing starting QBs or current starters) they’ve looked absolutely dreadful in their games against UCLA & Stanford, despite wins, and they’ve only averaged ~350/gamge on offense the last three games.
Colorado’s turn around has been remarkable, but I think the magic ends tomorrow.
Washington is a near complete team & I don’t see Colorado’s offense being able to keep up.
Likable Cougars – 38
Smelly Yaks – 24

on the pac 12 network this am the talking heads spent 10 minutes figuring a way for usc to get into the playoffs.....like cu didnt exsist or anyone else for that matter...i wanted to kick the **** out of my tv

Did they discuss a USC conspiracy to bribe the officials into swallowing the whistle for Utah and breaking out the flags for CU?

/#bluebloodbiasparanoia

What, no whining from competing websites that Camera should have held back from announcing this till the pay site gets arounf to it?
Just when I think you'll be tolerable because things in Buffland are good and you posted some interesting stuff, you prove once again to everyone what a ****ing **** you are.

If we win out, including a CCG win, we'll jump OU. 11-2 P5 champion with multiple top 25 wins and both losses to likely top 10 teams on the road. That's going to trump a 10-2 P5 champion with a loss to Houston.

It's really irrelevant though, imo, unless Michigan beats tOSU in the Horseshoe with a backup QB - I doubt that happens. Even if we beat a top 5 ranked UW in the CCG, the final 4 will most likely be Bama, tOSU, Clemson, and Pedo State. Our ceiling, imo, is #5.
Nah, if we win out I think we stand a very good chance of jumping Penn St. Their only good wins would be Ohio State and Wisconsin in the CCG. We would have beaten Stanford, Wazzu, Utah, and Washington (or Wazzu a 2nd time), and we put up a MUCH better fight against Michigan.

Also, the Oklahoma and Oklahoma State love is a head scratcher - the best win for either team is WVU who has beaten no one of consequence.

I have no evidence of this, but if CU wins out, I think the committee puts us in the CFP. Rationally, i understand the arguments against.... But the committee likes conference champs and they seem to like CU.

You're definitely right about them loving the conference champ part, to the point of too much I think but that's a separate discussion and I can't complain if it ends up benefiting us. :D

I still think we need some help though. I could see us jumping OU because of their lack of quality wins but a Clemson loss is what could benefit us the most, especially if it were in the ACCCG. If the Tigers lose that would eliminate the ACC from the playoff which would open the door for us getting in as Pac12 champs even if 2 Big 10 teams get in, which I believe is a real possibility.

By looking at these conference games only stats, and the game being in Boulder, I'm calling it the Buffs by 10 points.

upload_2016-11-20_15-27-58.png
upload_2016-11-20_15-48-11.png

Last edited:
Sucks that Utah fell to #21 (I'm predicting a similar fall in the CFP rankings) - that really hurts our resume, because a second loss will most likely bounce them.

If we beat the Yoots and UW wins in Pullman, we'll only end up with 1 victory over a ranked team going into the final weekend.
Don't forget furd

Hope you're right. Frankly, non-conference champs should be handicapped quite a bit, imo. I don't like the idea that a national champion could be crowned without even winning their division.

There's no reason that 2 of the best teams in the country can't come from the same conference or even the same division. If OSU beats Michigan they're clearly one of the top 4 teams in the country and deserving of a playoff spot.

There's no reason that 2 of the best teams in the country can't come from the same conference or even the same division. If OSU beats Michigan they're clearly one of the top 4 teams in the country and deserving of a playoff spot.

There's only 4 spots in the playoff. Which means that the regular season is still the most meaningful part of the college football season, which is fine by me.

But if you're going to keep the regular season the most meaningful part, you can't go cheapening it on a selective basis.

To me, you have two choices - go with the current set up and set conference championships as the highest criteria, or cut back on the number of regular season games so you can dramatically increase the number of playoff teams. This halfway bull**** is just that - bull****.

My attitude is that if you want to play for the national championship, then win your damn conference. If you can't do that, put on your big boy pants and suck it up because you've got nothing to complain about if you get left out.

2 concerns, their de sack machine and that rb.

Those are my concerns as well. The RB is good, but he won't run all over us. Their QB won't beat us with his arm as he makes some bad throws.

But that DE named Hunter Dimick is scary good and they are very tough in the front 6 or so (nickel).

Is a binary selection process for the RB? Meaning, do they have to take that 2nd highest ranked team not in the CFP, or is there some subjectivity involved? My point is that I'm sure the Rose Bowl would much rather have SC than CU no matter what happens.
Why? They go practically every year? I would want a Cinderella story, that came out of nowhere if I were on the RB selection committee

Since this is a Utah thread, I'll save my playoff/natty comments for a different threat.

However, I haven't really seen it discussed yet...but what is Utah's mental state coming into this?
- Just lost all hope of chance for the Conf Championship
- Lost to a crappy Oregon team...at home
- On the road
- Weekend after Thanksgiving
- Senior night in Folsom

Yeah, they can play spoiler; but how much are they really going to be into this game?

Since this is a Utah thread, I'll save my playoff/natty comments for a different threat.

However, I haven't really seen it discussed yet...but what is Utah's mental state coming into this?
- On the road
- Senior night in Folsom

Yeah, they can play spoiler; but how much are they really going to be into this game?

I've got much respect for Whittingham. He'll have them ready to play.

Utah will be hell bent on playing spoiler. Gonna get their best shot.

If we can get off to the fast start like we dis earlier in the season, I expect Utah to give up...the mountain would be to hard to climb without much of a purpose.

- On the road
- Senior night in Folsom

I've been pondering this are there are a couple of concerns.

First, utard had a chance to make this game a winner take all contest. It appears they didn't handle the pressure. Well, the pressure is off, so I expect them to play with a nothing-to-lose attitude. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if the coaches or yoots seniors have the team cause a pre-game ruckus or stand-off at mid field, just to try to get the into the Buffs heads.

Second, the Buffs mentality all year long has been to put a target in middle of the back of every opponent. How do they respond to being the "hunted"?

Honestly, this game has me worried.

Back