What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Vic So’oto added to coaching staff

Except. Chev and Meat were both top recruiter’s before working for KD. And then went quiet.
Yea, don't disagree there. One of the big failures of the KD era is not getting recruiting results out of those two. Especially coach Meat, he is an absolute monster as a recruiter and will OFF up at Oregon.

I would like to think that going after younger guys that are good recruiters signals change. KD's original staff was full of old and/or NFL guys. The seeming change in staffing philosophy hopefully also signals a shift in recruiting philosophy as well. At least I hope. We'll see what happens, if KD takes the reigns off maybe we can pull a decent class next season.

Yea, don't disagree there. One of the big failures of the KD era is not getting recruiting results out of those two. Especially coach Meat, he is an absolute monster as a recruiter and will OFF up at Oregon.

I would like to think that going after younger guys that are good recruiters signals change. KD's original staff was full of old and/or NFL guys. The seeming change in staffing philosophy hopefully also signals a shift in recruiting philosophy as well. At least I hope. We'll see what happens, if KD takes the reigns off maybe we can pull a decent class next season.
Recruiting isn’t a priority for Dorrell, so his coaches don’t do it. If my boss doesn’t want me to do a difficult part of my job, I’m not going to make it a priority.

Coach Mest didn't get the so called 4 or 5 star players at Arizona. This KD bashing for everything is illogical. I am not saying Coach Meat didn't recruit well at CU. I don't know at this point.

t know if it's KD seeing the light or RG forcing him to hire guys with this profile. I strongly suspect it's the latter, which is actually the preferable option as only one of those guys is likely to be here in a couple years....

There is also the 3rd possibility that these are the types of people KD has wanted to hire all along and now RG is letting him.

I'm not saying I have any inside knowledge, but it seems just sad likely a scenario as the other 2.

Okay so you prefer to call CU a tire fire in a dumpster? An overflowing porta-potty? A plane with dead engines and no pilot?

Or any number of other accurate descriptions.

CU is a bad program that is trending worse. It is a place that coaches careers come to a screaming halt, a bad joke in the college football world.

CU located in a beautiful town. You have good schools and etc for the family. Lots of attractions. You also have access to one of the top public universities in the country. When I went it was like 25th. I don;t know the current ranking. As a coach you don't have the pressure found at other big programs. You will be seen as a genius if you can turn the program around. How is that a tran wreck destination? There are far worse places to be.

CU located in a beautiful town. You have good schools and etc for the family. Lots of attractions. You also have access to one of the top public universities in the country. When I went it was like 25th. I don;t know the current ranking. As a coach you don't have the pressure found at other big programs. You will be seen as a genius if you can turn the program around. How is that a tran wreck destination? There are far worse places to be.
Why are you so obsessed with rankings?

I quite agree. We are not a trainwreck designation. We can't even aspire to be a trainwreck destination. We have no trains. We have no track. We have no coal/oil/electricity or whatever the heck it is a train might run on. We have no capital to buy a train, or tracks or fuel. We're not even like a car wreck, we don't rate being a car wreck. We maybe had a car at one point but daddy took the keys away and the only mechanic in town who could keep the old jalopy running has moved to Oregon anyway. CU is more like a decrepit covered wagon pulled off the side of the Smoky Hill Trail 20 miles outside of Denver in 1867 with a broken axle, a crushed front right wheel, and a mule lame in the left rear leg. And it's raining. Hard.

Still, solid hire. I like it.
That's the spirit!

I quite agree. We are not a trainwreck designation. We can't even aspire to be a trainwreck destination. We have no trains. We have no track. We have no coal/oil/electricity or whatever the heck it is a train might run on. We have no capital to buy a train, or tracks or fuel. We're not even like a car wreck, we don't rate being a car wreck. We maybe had a car at one point but daddy took the keys away and the only mechanic in town who could keep the old jalopy running has moved to Oregon anyway. CU is more like a decrepit covered wagon pulled off the side of the Smoky Hill Trail 20 miles outside of Denver in 1867 with a broken axle, a crushed front right wheel, and a mule lame in the left rear leg. And it's raining. Hard.

Still, solid hire. I like it.
wow.

Nobody has said that Boulder is an undesirable location…but the CU football program is and has been one of the worst in the country for the last 15 yrs. Trainwreck, dumpster fire, **** show, etc

USC just lost their new DL coach to LSU today. Hopefully they don’t try to go back on So’ oto.

Being a DL coach at LSU seems like it would be a very good job.
I agree, I’m saying that So’oto leaving to go back to SC because Riley’s first choice left would be buff ****. Although with Riley at SC, I can’t imagine SC wasn’t willing to match the offer for him to stay. Maybe I’m crazy but if I was a top assistant coach, I’d wanna be at SC instead of LSU right now. Less competition which = easier Pac-12 championships + playoff appearances. Coaches from championship teams get poached for big $$.

I agree, I’m saying that So’oto leaving to go back to SC because Riley’s first choice left would be buff ****. Although with Riley at SC, I can’t imagine SC wasn’t willing to match the offer for him to stay. Maybe I’m crazy but if I was a top assistant coach, I’d wanna be at SC instead of LSU right now. Less competition which = easier Pac-12 championships + playoff appearances. Coaches from championship teams get poached for big $$.
I personally like U$C better than anything south of the Mason-Dixon line but being able to recruit dozens of top 100 DL players within a few hours of campus sounds desirable.

I personally like U$C better than anything south of the Mason-Dixon line but being able to recruit dozens of top 100 DL players within a few hours of campus sounds desirable.

Is the term Mason Dixon line commonly used out West? I know it’s being used to separate the north from the south but I thought that was mostly an East coast thing.

Said everyone that watched the Texas Bowl last night.

CU needs to get back to its recruiting roots and stop wasting its time in the southeast…TX, CA, AZ and CO can fill this roster with loads of talent and also keep kids close to home. Finding a recruiting footprint and securing it will go a long way to fixing this roster.
Agree with your sentiment. That wasn’t the conversation but yes.

Back