What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Washington State @ CU 11/19 @ 1:30 PM on Fox Official PREGAME Thread

Well, I suppose I could just ask Nebraska and Baylor fans what to think about CU...but I thought I would take a shot that you guys would know your team better than they would and possibly gain some insight about the game. I have learned that WSU will not complete any passes, and running the ball is futile. I also learned that altitude will basically kill anyone it comes into contact with and players that have not played at CU will all be dead by the second quarter. Good to know. Thanks!
We're new to this "winning" ****. We aren't sure how to act. Please forgive us.

I think this will be a great test for our secondary. However, I don't think WSU has faced a defense as capable as ours all season.

On the cougar forums they were saying how we squeaked past Stanford...well, we DID miss three field goals and gave up an intentional safety, otherwise that game ends at 19-3...so, yeah....we squeaked by 10-5 instead. For those who watched, Stanford only had one drive of positive yardage in the first 3 quarters, IF I remember correctly.

Our D is good.

Ok, rationalize it how you will, but winning is winning. I guess when Utah beats you and you lose the bowl game it will be because you screwed up too, not because another team could possibly be as good or better than the 8-2 Buffaloes. .

So you're saying that Wazzu didn't screw up against Eastern Washington and that a FCS school is flat out better than the cougs? Good to know that we're playing the 3rd best program in the state of Washington.

I think we have the best OL in the Pac-12. I think out DL is middle of the road. I have no clue about your DL or OL, so I won't speak to that.

If you have no clue about our OL and I'm guessing other teams' OL, then it's impossible for you to know that the Cougs has the best OL.

This is probably the best breakdown I have seen. I also can't wait for this game in part because the benchmark games for WSU this year have fallen off a cliff...looking at you Oregon, UCLA, Stanford!

Stanford is ranked 2 spots behind WSU. Once we beat you guys, you're going to go from complaining about them falling off a cliff to complaining about them being ranked ahead of you.

If you had to choose just one injury for CU, who would it be, and why?

lol, nice question. I would pick your D-Coordinator slip on the stairs on the way into the booth and roll an ankle. That would make him angry and thus overly aggressive which Falk could take advantage of.

Wazzu got to play against backups all over the Stanford team and that means the Cougs are the greatest.

Other things to know...

1) CU's defense sucks. Screw your facts!
2) good offense beats great defense every week!
3) Falk is better than Tom Brady because Brady has been beaten by great defenses; Falk is immune to great defense!
4) the cougs have a great defense. Bottom 20% is irrelevant!
5) elite athletes be damned. altitude has no impact on aerobic activity!

I think this will be a great test for our secondary. However, I don't think WSU has faced a defense as capable as ours all season.

On the cougar forums they were saying how we squeaked past Stanford...well, we DID miss three field goals and gave up an intentional safety, otherwise that game ends at 19-3...so, yeah....we squeaked by 10-5 instead. For those who watched, Stanford only had one drive of positive yardage in the first 3 quarters, IF I remember correctly.

Our D is good.

http://www.footballstudyhall.com/pages/2016-washington-state-advanced-statistical-profile

Interesting WSU advanced stats to me.

1) They've been very luck with turnovers. VERY lucky. (our luck has been neither good nor bad)
2) Their defense is not as good as they hype, efficiency wise. #67 according to S&P, and #43 in PPG.
3) Rushing attack is efficient, not explosive (leads me to think WR don't block well downfield);
4) Rushing offense is really good at not being stuffed behind the line. #1!
5) Rushing defense is really good at stopping teams for a loss or no gain. #3!
6) passing game is similar. very efficient, not explosive.
7) passing defense doesn't get a lot of sacks on standard downs OR passing downs.
8) Red zone offense is very good, #14 in the country at points per RZ trip. (defense is average tho).

Conclusions:
1) I feel relatively confident.
2) Whichever team avoids 3d and long is going to win the game.
3) I think our offense is going to be just fine. It won't score 49 points while looking out of sync (thanks AZ!), but I no longer am as worried about being stuck under 20 points.

lol, nice question. I would pick your D-Coordinator slip on the stairs on the way into the booth and roll an ankle. That would make him angry and thus overly aggressive which Falk could take advantage of.
Just steal all the Pepsi in Folsom Saturday morning. Unleash the Beast.

Somewhere, someone or someones who the books think are winners bet on CU at -4.5. It was probably at a sharp book so everyone else followed suit. Those people are just wasting their money because CU sucks and Wazzu can't lose.

The line moved to -6.5 from -4.5. That's a big shift. Vegas knows something...

What the **** is wrong with you!? I'd never wish injury on another team or staff!

Is it wrong to wish that Mike Leach comes into Boulder with those pesky wild hairs groomed from his nose and ears? I'd insist he uses tweezers in addition to an electric razor.
IMG_4613.JPG

Much as I want to, I can't smack talk Washington State. It wasn't too long ago that we each were bringing up the rear in our respective divisions. There's a little something satisfying here about Washington State-Colorado being the game of the week in this league. As far as a pick, I'll go CU 45-41. Homefield makes the difference.

FCS Powerhouse Eastern Washington is losing at halftime to 3-7 Portland State. Do with this information as you please.

I don't like the combo of WSU's competent run game and extremely accurate QB. I don't like that they'll try to make it a shootout. And I generally feel that we're due for a letdown.

I dunno - I kinda feel like we've been letting down for a few weeks now. It could go that we're due for a lackluster performance actually biting us in the ass, or it could be that we're due for our first solid all-around performance since ASU.

I dunno - I kinda feel like we've been letting down for a few weeks now. It could go that we're due for a lackluster performance actually biting us in the ass, or it could be that we're due for our first solid all-around performance since ASU.
Yeah, I feel like we're kind of due for a complete game

Back