What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What are the Top 5 HC jobs from G5 schools?

Two thoughts on CSU-One, they need a guy to succeed and fall in love with Fort Collins in the process-Sonny did it, and I think Tony Alford might have had they given him more of a look. Ricky Rahne (given his ties to this state) might have been another guy who could have come back here and stuck there. Two, they'd benefit by not playing us every year, but that's gotta start with a break in the series of at least a decade. The RMS has made football season a one week event at CSU-and its a hindrance to them given the massive talent gap (this year's game was case in point-we played like **** for a half and still beat them by 3 touchdowns) between us right now.
Agree with all of this. They need a guy who will have some success then stay.

It would also help them a lot if they could find a guy who has some personality and coaches teams that are fun to watch. They need to make going to games there fun, make it an event without being tied into winning the conference or going to a big bowl. Their alums aren't highly connected to football there and they aren't doing a great job of attracting fans from all the new people who have moved into the huge expansion of homes in northern Colorado.

For UCF’s sake I hope that’s true but the ACC may already claim it with all the Seminoles and both hurricane fans that live here.

I can't see the SEC adding those schools. But that's the risk to FSU, Miami, and the ACC if they leave them out there.

No doubt, it be great if it happened, ACC opponents, especially the in-state ones would make for a great schedule. The 40,000 seat stadium was sold out of season tix this year. I am not renewing for next season because I’m going to try and come out for a Buff game or 2, but they won’t miss me.

Agree with all of this. They need a guy who will have some success then stay.

It would also help them a lot if they could find a guy who has some personality and coaches teams that are fun to watch. They need to make going to games there fun, make it an event without being tied into winning the conference or going to a big bowl. Their alums aren't highly connected to football there and they aren't doing a great job of attracting fans from all the new people who have moved into the huge expansion of homes in northern Colorado.

Scheduling and beating Power 5's not named Colorado will go a long way

Two thoughts on CSU-One, they need a guy to succeed and fall in love with Fort Collins in the process-Sonny did it, and I think Tony Alford might have had they given him more of a look. Ricky Rahne (given his ties to this state) might have been another guy who could have come back here and stuck there. Two, they'd benefit by not playing us every year, but that's gotta start with a break in the series of at least a decade. The RMS has made football season a one week event at CSU-and its a hindrance to them given the massive talent gap (this year's game was case in point-we played like **** for a half and still beat them by 3 touchdowns) between us right now.

Bobo was fired in large part because he de-emphasized rivalry games, not the other way around.

Bobo was fired in large part because he de-emphasized rivalry games, not the other way around.

Well yeah.....but I'd argue more so because of a lack of success against AFA and Wyoming. CSU has lost to both of them four straight times.

Well yeah.....He was fired because he couldn't beat Air Force and Wyoming, much less us. They haven't beaten either since 2015.

If he had made a CU the "one-game season" you suggest, he is probably still there. If anything, that game (and its win) has been way more vital to CU in recent years.

If he had made a CU the "one-game season" you suggest, he is probably still there. If anything, that game (and its win) has been way more vital to CU in recent years.

We've got four straight convincing wins a row against them (even 2017 should have been 31-3). That game has been far more important than their other 11 long before Mike Bobo showed up there though.

We've got four straight convincing wins a row against them (even 2017 should have been 31-3). That game has been far more important than their other 11 long before Mike Bobo showed up there though.

It was until Bobo decided to de-emphasize it. CU has been way more "up" for that game recently.

It was until Bobo decided to de-emphasize it. CU has been way more "up" for that game recently.

And that was one of my biggest issues with FHCMM-they don't deserve to be considered our rival and it pissed me off that he'd talk about how important that game was regularly. Mel will hopefully kill that mindset within this program, if he hasn't already done so. Pound them again in the opener and move onto Fresno.

Back