What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What if the SEC & B1G stay at 16?

Which option would you hate less?

• Option 1 - Big 12 (-2+4+4) coast-to-coast footprint

Votes: 18 40.0%
  • Option 2 - Pac 12 (-2+6) MTZ & PTZ footprint

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • I just threw up in my mouth. Fvck this!

Votes: 16 35.6%
  • Hoops looks great for both, so I'm ok either way.

Votes: 6 13.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i am pretty neutral on which would suck worse--- us joining a b12 that goes to 16 or staying in the pac that goes to 16. i think the money is likely to be better in the bigger bi12 but i think the travel and games and footprint would be better in the packaged up pac.
I am so sour on the Pac-12. Have been for years. I grew up in CA and could only watch Pac-10 games and the big ABC game. Was a huge fan. Excited for move. But now nothing about it is fun. The stadiums are usually empty. The games mean nothing. Bleh.

i think the best thing the big 12 the pac and the acc better teams can do is put together their best 16 and screw the others. it would be a third super conference and could eventually rival the other two maybe. this would require a lot of schools getting together to screw over a whole lot of other schools-- not sure if that is even possible.

but just for ****s and giggles:

fsu
miami
clemson
vtech
duke
unc
tex tech
houston
kansas
okie state
colorado
utah
ua
asu
oregon
uw
I’d go for that.

the idea that the b12 is somehow meaningfully better at football than the pac is not really true and reflects the biases of the east coast press establishment. but, even if that is true, i have been to road games in lubbock, ames, and stillwater. i have also been to road games across the pac footprint. we all know which are more enjoyable. and if we embrace @buffaholic 's view on making football fun and competitive again for CU fans, we might as well take into consideration the company we are keeping and the places we would be visiting.

morgantown west virginia? lol. the baylor campus? lol.

but, hey, i am not quite ready to wave the white flag. i think there is still a chance at a unified 64 team super conference backed by the networks. yes, the sec and big are half of it but there are 32 teams from p5 conferences that are not and are probably part of that conversation. we are one of those teams. if we can't get into the big, the big 12, as a vehicle to set us up for the next realignment that results in the 64 team super conference, is probably our better bet.

and by the way, once that 64 team super conference is launched, it will have geographically rational divisions. there will be accommodations made for some traditional rivalries (because those teams already in the big or sec will have the leverage to get them) but the whole thing will lay out better for everyone including us.

that's the real end game. the big 12 needs to hold on until then-- expansion is how they do that. the acc has that multi year GoR hanging like a piano over its teams. it also needs to try to hang on and get to the final round of realignment.

the whole thing is a huge pile of suck.

Sounds like Option 1 is in play based on the posted tweet in the main thread.

I wonder about the B1G. I suppose they would go to 18 or 20 right away if Notre Dame is ready to make the jump instead of pursuing its 2025 re-up with NBC. I'd think it would be Stanford with them if it's 18 with Oregon & Washington next if they go to 20.

Sounds like Option 1 is in play based on the posted tweet in the main thread.

I wonder about the B1G. I suppose they would go to 18 or 20 right away if Notre Dame is ready to make the jump instead of pursuing its 2025 re-up with NBC. I'd think it would be Stanford with them if it's 18 with Oregon & Washington next if they go to 20.

one of those or Kansas IMO.

i think sitting around the BIG ol' PR table you could make a pretty good case for KU hoops and it's AAU (which they claim to need, sometimes)......that expansion has a more rounded edge to it....a total athletic commitment, it's not just crass football advertising/brand moneys.

serious, we mean it. wink wink...

I voted that I like either conference but if you consider basketball, I think staying in the PAC makes sense for CU because CU has enjoyed more success in the PAC and why would we want to go back to a conference where we had less success than right now? I think the Big 12 is going to get even stronger in basketball after OU & UT leave for the SEC so staying in the PAC would be the best option in this case.

how? both Texas and Oklahoma have been in the Final Four a couple times and Elite 8 a few others without looking it up in the last 20 years. both are usually NCAA teams with a chance to make it to the 2nd weekend. top half teams of a pretty good league year in, year out. the league that has back to back NC's.

i give you Houston under Sampson.

UCF, BYU, Cincy (since Cronin and Huggy left)....are not even close to that.

how? both Texas and Oklahoma have been in the Final Four a couple times and Elite 8 a few others without looking it up in the last 20 years. both are usually NCAA teams with a chance to make it to the 2nd weekend. top half teams of a pretty good league year in, year out. the league that has back to back NC's.

i give you Houston under Sampson.

UCF, BYU, Cincy (since Cronin and Huggy left)....are not even close to that.

OU & UT basketball has the benefit of running on a good budget made possible by their football revenue. Sooner fan cannot stand being beat by Okie State and OSU usually has good basketball teams. Texas usually has another Texas school that they can't stand losing to even on the hardwood. Yes losing them will hurt but it would not be wise to dismiss what BYU, Cinncinnati, and Houston basketball brings to the Big 12 along with that expanded recruiting footprint even if they have had coaches leave recently. Same for UCF.

If CU along with the AZ/UT schools end up together in the Big 12, it's going to be tougher than what CU dealt with in the Pac-12 and even the old Big 12.

Back