What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What's our "rock bottom"?

This.

You're all a bunch of assholes, but it's still fun to have dialogues about houses, vacations, cooking, family, skiing, weather, and laughing at the train wreck that is CU football.

There are some benefits to having a ****ty football team. I don't have to figure out a couple fall weekend trips specifically to places and times that CU is playing. I don't even have to worry about when any games are being played.

If I happen to have a little time to watch college football, I'll see if the buffs are playing, but if I don't it just means I'll probably enjoy whatever it was I'm doing more than getting pissed off at the dumpster fire PD has made of CU football.
I’m gonna go back to the time in the Embree era where I only watched games on DVR if they won — and it was the 60 minute edited version of it at that

It still Jsnuary. Some people just like Drama.
Here's the thing though, giving you all benefit of the doubt on this one - losing arguably your six best players in attrition is something that everyone should be concerned about. If Tad, who I want to build a damn statue for, lost his three best players to transfer in one off season, it would be one hell of a warning. Even if the issue isn't KD or football even, something is rotten on campus. Is there something causing problems on campus for the football team in the academic side? Is there something in the town of Boulder causing issues for the football team? Were all six of these guys (and their ~10-15 friends) not thoroughly vetted before we extended them offers?

Even if this somehow ends up as a net positive talent/chemistry wise (I'm really giving you ALL benefits of the doubt here man...), something is rotten in the state of Denmark and everyone should be trying to figure out what it is.

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

Here's the thing though, giving you all benefit of the doubt on this one - losing arguably your six best players in attrition is something that everyone should be concerned about. If Tad, who I want to build a damn statue for, lost his three best players to transfer in one off season, it would be one hell of a warning. Even if the issue isn't KD or football even, something is rotten on campus. Is there something causing problems on campus for the football team in the academic side? Is there something in the town of Boulder causing issues for the football team? Were all six of these guys (and their ~10-15 friends) not thoroughly vetted before we extended them offers?

Even if this somehow ends up as a net positive talent/chemistry wise (I'm really giving you ALL benefits of the doubt here man...), something is rotten in the state of Denmark and everyone should be trying to figure out what it is.
A few things…
1. Even with those players, the 2022 season didn’t/doesn’t appear to be a memorable one

2. Every one of those players were gone after said 2022 season, regardless

3. They all have the ability to transfer to a more competitive, high profile program and play immediately and likely play in the postseason.

Basically, why spend their last collegiate season playing for a program that isn’t going to provide them with that opportunity when they don’t have to? Of course, each guy has his own specific thought process, but I would bet that is likely the overarching one. The hard ceiling might be 5-6 wins with those players staying, whereas USC (probably Rice), Oregon (Gonzo) and Utah (Blackmon it appears) are going to compete for the CFP.

In my optimistic opinion, I don’t think there has to be anything more cynical than that going on. Sure, some guys who were recruited by MM and or MT don’t like KD and some are going to talk down about incoming recruits who are being brought in by a staff that didn’t recruit the older players. There was always going to be some attrition because of this and it happens with good players at every program during a coaching change. I just don’t necessarily buy that something is rotten. It sucks but it just feels like players with options who also won’t be here in 2023 regardless, don’t want to hang out for another non-bowl season.

Rock Bottom:

1. Buffs go 0-12 and average 14.6 ppg white giving up 41.8 ppg. The closest loss is 14 points.
2. Three players are arrested for running a prostitution ring out of a motor home in Broomfield.
3. A key player is dismissed from the team and charged with felony assault after beating the hell out of a small civilian outside a bar.
4. KD loses it during a presser after a horrible loss and turns the table over after screaming at the press "You're ALL a bunch of MFers !!!"
5. The high-up mucky mucks that run CU convene a soul-searching commission to study "the ongoing role of athletics at CU".
6. Tad Boyle resigns to take a B12 job after because of #5, citing "the toxic stench that has engulfed Boulder and this university".
7. Three hoops players follow Boyle to his new job.

So cheer up guys - we are really far from Rock Bottom. Just use your imagination, and remember: Things Can Always Get Worse.
It is creepy, that this scenario doesn’t seem implausible

TeamConsecutive LossesWhen Did It Happen?
Northwestern Wildcats34 games1979-1982
University of Virginia Cavaliers28 games1958-1961
Kansas State Wildcats28 games1945-1948
New Mexico State Aggies27 games1988-1990
Eastern Michigan Eagles27 games1980-1982
Colorado State Rams26 games1960-1963
If you want the glory of all time rock bottom, these are the longest losing streaks in Division 1 history.

With the list of WRs coming in potentially at USC is everyone sure Rice isn’t potentially a Wr 3/4 at USC? If I’m him would I re-consider the USC route. Rumors are Mario Williams is heading to USC along with the other kid that already transferred to them.

I’m not saying he is coming back to CU or should.

Rock bottom for me is a stiutation when we have a losing reord and also have multiple NCAA violations that lead to the death penalty. As long as I see the team trying to get better and are not have a toxic program. It is not rock bottom. Kids are getting an eduation and playing football,

With the list of WRs coming in potentially at USC is everyone sure Rice isn’t potentially a Wr 3/4 at USC? If I’m him would I re-consider the USC route. Rumors are Mario Williams is heading to USC along with the other kid that already transferred to them.

I’m not saying he is coming back to CU or should.
I agree.

I’m not saying he is coming back to CU or should
They’ll roll most of their opponents early and often. Their offense is going to be wild. Talent everywhere. Plenty of opportunity for multiple playmakers to see the field and get targets. He’s not a shy kid. He’ll compete and get better because of it.

They’ll roll most of their opponents early and often. Their offense is going to be wild. Talent everywhere. Plenty of opportunity for multiple playmakers to see the field and get targets. He’s not a shy kid. He’ll compete and get better because of it.
They haven’t been rolling people lately and Caleb isn’t exactly a pocket passer either if that’s who they get. I think now that Mario is definitely coming Rice really needs to reconsider and look at another program. Maybe Oklahoma where most of the WRs just transferred out. In close games of Rice is on the sidelines for USC. How is that going to help him be a Day 1 or Day 2 pick?
On the other hand…if wins the job and is Wr 1/2. He does position himself well.

I haven’t looked at Utah or Oregon or Washington State. How do their WR rooms look?

Riley has never minded putting 50+ points on the board.

Yes there will be catches, yards, and TDs available.

Rock bottom is this sh!t show of an off-season of complete mismanagement that started at the beginning of the 2021 season. Between RG tweeting Nikes, Duhrell slapping cameramen instead of his pathetic OL and OC coaches, waiting 7 weeks to file 13 a HS OL coach who's such a class act he puts his fat man gear on sale on FB marketplace the day he's fired. Rock bottom is managing to move the earth and land Jerry Rice's kid, and allow dumbass Chev to engineer an offense that never got him the ball.

Rock bottom is tone deaf RG complaining to the media that the fan base is negative. Pathetic rock bottom is having your AD be on the committee handing NIL, and then watching that very AD do nothing but flail around publicly complaining about how that process that HE has input to is leaving his program behind in the dust. Never seen an administrator SO self important with NO ideas.

Kids see and saw ALL of that in 2021 and in the off season month of December. Saw the childlike haphazard ineffective clown like manner the entire football program was governed by, and they all decided they didn't want another year of it, and thus the mass exodus. Lots of twitter clowns dumped on the kids. I literally can't blame a single one. Why stick around for more misery to be the butt of collegiate football jokes?

Rock bottom will be this next season. The team will have zero power 5 level talent, a fired ineffectual OC trying to install a new offense behind a new OL coach with a OL that hasn't learned how to block in 3 seasons, and will still have sleepy Duhrell at the helm, and a tone deaf pathetic AD that spends part of his budget keeping a FT personal assistant on his staff available to tweet out Nike photos as his football team circles the drain of 130 some odd football teams in the nation, sporting his pathetic dyed hair job.

The fact of the matter is RG and Duhrell OWN this dumpster fire, and the kids are like rats fleeing a sinking ship. The recruiting results will only get progressively worse the longer these two stick around, and neither of these proven losers are going anywhere, likely.

Rock bottom is this sh!t show of an off-season of complete mismanagement that started at the beginning of the 2021 season. Between RG tweeting Nikes, Duhrell slapping cameramen instead of his pathetic OL and OC coaches, waiting 7 weeks to file 13 a HS OL coach who's such a class act he puts his fat man gear on sale on FB marketplace the day he's fired. Rock bottom is managing to move the earth and land Jerry Rice's kid, and allow dumbass Chev to engineer an offense that never got him the ball.

Rock bottom is tone deaf RG complaining to the media that the fan base is negative. Pathetic rock bottom is having your AD be on the committee handing NIL, and then watching that very AD do nothing but flail around publicly complaining about how that process that HE has input to is leaving his program behind in the dust. Never seen an administrator SO self important with NO ideas.

Kids see and saw ALL of that in 2021 and in the off season month of December. Saw the childlike haphazard ineffective clown like manner the entire football program was governed by, and they all decided they didn't want another year of it, and thus the mass exodus. Lots of twitter clowns dumped on the kids. I literally can't blame a single one. Why stick around for more misery to be the butt of collegiate football jokes?

Rock bottom will be this next season. The team will have zero power 5 level talent, a fired ineffectual OC trying to install a new offense behind a new OL coach with a OL that hasn't learned how to block in 3 seasons, and will still have sleepy Duhrell at the helm, and a tone deaf pathetic AD that spends part of his budget keeping a FT personal assistant on his staff available to tweet out Nike photos as his football team circles the drain of 130 some odd football teams in the nation, sporting his pathetic dyed hair job.

The fact of the matter is RG and Duhrell OWN this dumpster fire, and the kids are like rats fleeing a sinking ship. The recruiting results will only get progressively worse the longer these two stick around, and neither of these proven losers are going anywhere, likely.
That’s the spirit!

We're gonna winRock bottom is this sh!t show of an off-season of complete mismanagement that started at the beginning of the 2021 season. Between RG tweeting Nikes, Duhrell slapping cameramen instead of his pathetic OL and OC coaches, waiting 7 weeks to file 13 a HS OL coach who's such a class act he puts his fat man gear on sale on FB marketplace the day he's fired. Rock bottom is managing to move the earth and land Jerry Rice's kid, and allow dumbass Chev to engineer an offense that never got him the ball.

Jonah Hill Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

I get the sense you disapprove.

crowd riot GIF

mad the rock GIF

Back