What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

When will the CEC require vaccines for attendance?

Just spitballing, is it possible the University is exempt from county mandates, in a similar fashion that the university does not need City of Boulder planning board approval for building and construction.

Just spitballing, is it possible the University is exempt from county mandates, in a similar fashion that the university does not need City of Boulder planning board approval for building and construction.
I don't think so...

1. the PHO explicitly states applicability to "All businesses and government entities"
2. the PHO lists exempted parties and doesn't include CU or any group that would include CU

65% mask compliance at CSUB game. Employees walking around with "mask required" signs didnt say anything to those violating mandate.

65% mask compliance at CSUB game. Employees walking around with "mask required" signs didnt say anything to those violating mandate.
I saw at least 10 folks get talked to by employees for either not wearing masks or wearing them improperly.

I saw at least 10 folks get talked to by employees for either not wearing masks or wearing them improperly.
We have a clear IQ dividing line here. I attented Jason Mraz (yes, with Toca Riviera on percussion, thank you very much) last night 5th row, center orchestra, grand time, Macky Auditorium on campus. Amazing show. 100% mask compliance, best that I could ascertain. A few here and there not covering their nose, but zero FreeDumb idiots, the best I can tell. Of course it was Jason Mraz, not some country singer I suppose. But I had a good time with my peeps. Thanks Boulder.

Basically what the HS season has been like so far-most of the districts with supposed mask mandates aren't enforcing them at all. Only capacity restrictions are in DPS-but that might have gone away. We'll see what the crowd is like for Denver East-Mountain Vista boys on Tuesday night.

Last edited:
I'm sure this is the sort of thing where the level of enforcement is going to vary significantly depending on which employee is working and what mood they're in that day.

Glad to hear a positive report

Fairly high enforcement in section 7. Who knows. It is what it is. As I said earlier much higher enforcement than at Avs or Nuggets games. And full disclosure I hate masks but if that’s what I have to do to go to CU games so be it. It’s annoying and somewhat stupid but oh well.

“My personal opinion, and not speaking as a representative of the University of Colorado, if you’re not vaccinated, you take the risk,” Boyle said. “You’re getting vaccinated to reduce the risk for yourself. We know that the vaccine doesn’t prohibit you spreading or getting the virus. So I don’t think we should be mandating vaccines to fans or anybody else. If you don’t want to get vaccinated, don’t get vaccinated. That’s on you. That’s my personal opinion.”

Link

Apparently Coach hasn't been following the AllBuffs forum on this topic. The people potentially infected at the game can then go and spread the virus to vulnerable populations that are at significant risk. The attendance might actually go up if people felt safe attending. I have a number of people that have told me they won't be joining me for games this year due to Covid and how it is being handled by the university. Mask enforcement at the games has been very weak in my section.

Games at Iowa and Iowa State are mostly maskless fans as the Governor won't allow any state owned property to implement a mask mandate.

Part of the issue with the masks is that you can still bring food and drinks to the seats. Past two games someone near me has had a Coors Light in his hand the entire time. Didn't even appear to have a mask at all, and would just point to his drink whenever asked to put one on.

Vaccinations reduce deaths and the stress on the health care system and workers. The following is from the Coronavirus all in one thread:

No ****-you totally missed my point though. This thing is still running rampant through the world right now-I've already had it, and I'm boosted. The only difference between me and the freedumb crowd is I'll have something that's a lot closer to a cold (as Craig Spencer says-I've already posted this in the COVID all in one thread) while they'll wind up in the ICU on a ventilator.

HS update-I had Lincoln and Aurora Central girls yesterday at Lincoln. DPS is allowing 2 people per player, but nobody in the gym yesterday had masks on, and Lincoln had the crowd under one basket. No masks. Pointless.

Apparently Coach hasn't been following the AllBuffs forum on this topic. The people potentially infected at the game can then go and spread the virus to vulnerable populations that are at significant risk. The attendance might actually go up if people felt safe attending. I have a number of people that have told me they won't be joining me for games this year due to Covid and how it is being handled by the university. Mask enforcement at the games has been very weak in my section.
Interesting and concenring. In my section (2) I don't recalls seeing anyone without a mask on. And when I look around to other nearby sections it seems rare that there is a person without a mask on with the exception of course of people drinking or eating.

As for protecting myself at games, it's by wearing an N95 mask in addition to vaccinations. There are no guarantees of course.

USC and Stanford are back to only allowing player's family and friends to attend games.

When the student section is shown on television, the mask wearing is 50--50.. The rest of the crowd is much better than they were at mask wearing.

Virginia Tech just announced a vax requirement (or negative PCR test w/in 72 hours) to attend indoor events.

I didn't think the lack of a vax requirement at CU was all that unusual, but I'm nearly incredulous a P5 school in the south is doing this before the P5 school in Boulder.

Back