What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Which non-Seniors are we losing?

So if they say Adele is the president of the United States in a pamphlet . A journalist will not verify the information first before running with it. It was obvious the information was wrong or incomplete.
Holy exaggeration batman.

That analogy works if the following are assumed:

1. The pamphlet comes from the white house, senate, house, or all three in a joint statement
2. we don't have a public election process that requires voting
3. the president of the US can be removed and replaced at any given point in time as long as the Senate and the House agree on removing/replacing
3a. this requires 2 to be true for this to be a remote possibility

Like dude?

Last edited:
So if they say Adele is the president of the United States in a pamphlet . A journalist will not verify the information first before running with it. It was obvious the information was wrong or incomplete.
tom-hanks-forrest-gump.gif

So, your opinion is that when a member of the media is given a media kit for a press conference by the organization calling the press conference, that the media member is in the wrong for including information from that media kit in a post about the organization and its event without verifying the information first?

Really?

So, your opinion is that when a member of the media is given a media kit for a press conference by the organization calling the press conference, that the media member is in the wrong for including information from that media kit in a post about the organization and its event without verifying the information first?

Really?

No that is not what i am saying. In this scenario, it was obvious the list was wrong. He reported earlier that C Wells was turnng pro. A little bit of confirmation should have been done.

No that is not what i am saying. In this scenario, it was obvious the list was wrong. He reported earlier that C Wells was turnng pro. A little bit of confirmation should have been done.
Wells’s comments after his last game at Folsom should be confirmed?

this is about Lytle. His name was in the materials handed to him by CU. You seriously want him to confirm it?

Really?
Not defending bb, but I think context is important.

In your described situation, if the media reports "organization is stating that fact is true", that's appropriate. If the media reports "fact is true", that's different. Especially if the fact isn't true.

Most media tend to be careful in stating it as the former when a single source hasn't been verified, even if that slice is generally deemed credible.

I do think sports repoeting is often held to a lower standard than other genres of journalism.

Not defending bb, but I think context is important.

In your described situation, if the media reports "organization is stating that fact is true", that's appropriate. If the media reports "fact is true", that's different. Especially if the fact isn't true.

Most media tend to be careful in stating it as the former when a single source hasn't been verified, even if that slice is generally deemed credible.

I do think sports repoeting is often held to a lower standard than other genres of journalism.
It was a fvcking tweet. And you want fvcking citations? 😂

It was a fvcking tweet. And you want fvcking citations? 😂
No, i didn't say anything about citations.

Here's an example from a few minutes ago near the top of my feed. CNN isn't saying "the Senate won't meet the deadline", rather saying "'Biden says they won't meet the deadline".

The difference in wording may be nuanced but the difference in meaning is profound.

Last edited:
So far:

Blayne Toll TE/DE
Lloyd Murray DL
Ashaad Clayton RB
LaVontae Shenault WR
Zephaniah Maea ILB
Keith Miller WR
Chris Carpenter WR
Jayden Simon DL
Trustin Oliver S
Alec Pell TE/LB
Max Wray OT
Colby Purcell C
Ray Robinson S
Jon Van Diest LB
Curtis Appleton S
Christian Gonzales CB
Mark Perry S

17 by my count.

So far:

Blayne Toll TE/DE
Lloyd Murray DL
Ashaad Clayton RB
LaVontae Shenault WR
Zephaniah Maea ILB
Keith Miller WR
Chris Carpenter WR
Jayden Simon DL
Trustin Oliver S
Alec Pell TE/LB
Max Wray OT
Colby Purcell C
Ray Robinson S
Jon Van Diest LB
Curtis Appleton S
Christian Gonzales CB
Mark Perry S

17 by my count.
How many Seniors did we lose?

We have 21 incoming so far

So far:

Blayne Toll TE/DE
Lloyd Murray DL
Ashaad Clayton RB
LaVontae Shenault WR
Zephaniah Maea ILB
Keith Miller WR
Chris Carpenter WR
Jayden Simon DL
Trustin Oliver S
Alec Pell TE/LB
Max Wray OT
Colby Purcell C
Ray Robinson S
Jon Van Diest LB
Curtis Appleton S
Christian Gonzales CB
Mark Perry S
Mekhi Blackmon CB
Brendan Rice WR
Carson Wells LB

20 by my count.

Now at catastrophic levels.

Best young defender (Gonzo) best young offensive player (Rice) , 3/4 of the starting defensive backfield, one of your best pass rushers (Wells), 1 of your few solid OL (Purcell), two highly rated offensive players (Clayton and Shenault). This is a disaster.

HCKD cannot recruit. He can't keep his talented players. He has had no real success in the portal. I wonder if they will even have enough players to field a team. Will we have the talent to compare to the post death penalty SMU squad?

Last edited:
So far:

Blayne Toll TE/DE
Lloyd Murray DL
Ashaad Clayton RB
LaVontae Shenault WR
Zephaniah Maea ILB
Keith Miller WR
Chris Carpenter WR
Jayden Simon DL
Trustin Oliver S
Alec Pell TE/LB
Max Wray OT
Colby Purcell C
Ray Robinson S
Jon Van Diest LB
Curtis Appleton S
Christian Gonzales CB
Mark Perry S
Mekhi Blackmon CB
Brendan Rice WR

19 by my count.

Now at catastrophic levels.

Best young defender (Gonzo) best young offensive player (Rice) , 3/4 of the starting defensive backfield, one of your best pass rushers (Wells), 1 of your few solid OL (Purcell), two highly rated offensive players (Clayton and Shenault). This is a disaster.

HCKD cannot recruit. He can't keep his talented players. He has had no real success in the portal. I wonder if they will even have enough players to field a team. Will we have the talent to compare to the post death penalty SMU squad?
Wells not on your list and would make it 20.

Back