What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Which non-Seniors are we losing?

Gotta admire Big Jim’s steadfast defense of Karl Dorrell even when CU’s only good players leave the program.

Im Fine GIF

It's not so much defense as acceptance. It's much easier once you can get past the anger...probably about 2018 for me.

It's not so much defense as acceptance. It's much easier once you can get past the anger...probably about 2018 for me.
Two things:

1. I’m past the anger phase thanks to your advice. I think our ineptitude is funny more than anything and hope they move on sooner than later from this experiment.
2. I disagree that you’re expressing acceptance. Your tone suggests that you embrace what Dorrell is doing.

Two things:

1. I’m past the anger phase thanks to your advice. I think our ineptitude is funny more than anything and hope they move on sooner than later from this experiment.
2. I disagree that you’re expressing acceptance. Your tone suggests that you embrace what Dorrell is doing.

Two responses:

1. Good for you, a lot of posters are not up to speed.
2. I embrace the coaching hires this off season. I don't embrace the talent acquisition although I do see it as being essentially the same as it has been for many years outside of the 2020 class so that is a big part of the "acceptance".

Bonus:

3. Of the 22, 23, 24 players leaving since September I believe there are only four that were acquired by KD. Other than Hagan this is KD's staff. Most of the roster and many of the starters will be KD's roster. Like it or not (acceptance is the saving grace) the next two seasons are all on KD. After Tucker, I see KD as being the best HC at CU since Barnett/Bynny/Albino/Tharp neutered the football team circa 2002/2003. Unfortunately the drop from Tucker to KD is too large to hope that CU has any interest in winning.

So far:

Blayne Toll TE/DE
Lloyd Murray DL
Ashaad Clayton RB
LaVontae Shenault WR
Zephaniah Maea ILB
Keith Miller WR
Chris Carpenter WR
Jayden Simon DL
Trustin Oliver S
Alec Pell TE/LB
Max Wray OT
Colby Purcell C
Ray Robinson S
Jon Van Diest LB
Curtis Appleton S
Christian Gonzales CB
Mark Perry S
Mekhi Blackmon CB
Brendan Rice WR
Carson Wells LB
Joe Davis RB
Kanan Ray OL
Jarek Broussard RB

23 by my count.

Best young defender (Gonzo) best young offensive player (Rice) , 3/4 of the starting defensive backfield, one of your best pass rushers (Wells), 2 of your OL (Purcell and Ray), two highly rated offensive players (Clayton and Shenault), the starting RB and two depth pieces behind him. This is a disaster.

I don't even know what to say. Sunshine pumpers will be saying there will be transfers coming in, but so far, one.
This doesn't count graduates, right?

I think there were 9, so 32 spots to fill between HS recruits and transfers.

There will be a lot of new faces in the program next season. Maybe the program can organize a team trip for some team bonding.

First, Barnett and company sponsored the bigbang that lead to gutting the program for coming up on 20 years. Now you appear to be the harbinger of death as the bigbang2 is probably going to be on a team bonding trip and will be the reason CU shuts down football altogether.

I understand CU can sign up to 32 players this cycle. 7 more players than the normal 25 because off the transfer portal. Does any one know if any of the early enrollees will count towards the 2021 class? A few walk-ons may get a scholarship.

This doesn't count graduates, right?

I think there were 9, so 32 spots to fill between HS recruits and transfers.
No it doesn't, but there weren't that many given COVID rules. Landman, Kutsch and Lynch are the only ones I can think of, there may be others.

I can understand everyone else's reasoning for transferring, I'm not sure I get Broussard's though. Seems like a grass is always greener situation to me. I'm not sure there's a program higher on the totem pole than CU where we walks in as the RB1 in line for 15-25 touches a game.
Broussard went from P12 POY with 5.7 YPC to a JAG with 4.7 YPC.

As much as I hate to say it, I don't blame him.

But the program stuck by him during his long injury layoff. Developed him and then he bails. Students shouldn't complain when Univesities no longer honor the 4 year degree offer and start pulling scholarships if they can find some one better.

FYI, as mentioned in another thread lately, JBrou graduates in May so this isn't exactly like a disgruntled jerk jumping into the portal for self-serving reasons.

So far:

Blayne Toll TE/DE
Lloyd Murray DL
Ashaad Clayton RB
LaVontae Shenault WR
Zephaniah Maea ILB
Keith Miller WR
Chris Carpenter WR
Jayden Simon DL
Trustin Oliver S
Alec Pell TE/LB
Max Wray OT
Colby Purcell C
Ray Robinson S
Jon Van Diest LB
Curtis Appleton S
Christian Gonzales CB
Mark Perry S
Mekhi Blackmon CB
Brendan Rice WR
Carson Wells LB
Joe Davis RB
Kanan Ray OL
Jarek Broussard RB
Terrance Lang DL (waiting formal announcement, but Bread reports, and he is pretty reliable)

24 by my count.

Best young defender (Gonzo) best young offensive player (Rice) , 3/4 of the starting defensive backfield, one of your best pass rushers (Wells) and DL (Lang), 2 of your OL (Purcell and Ray), two highly rated offensive players (Clayton and Shenault), the starting RB and two depth pieces behind him. This is a disaster.

Another day, another starter hitting the road. Next season will be ugly.

So far:

Blayne Toll TE/DE
Lloyd Murray DL
Ashaad Clayton RB
LaVontae Shenault WR
Zephaniah Maea ILB
Keith Miller WR
Chris Carpenter WR
Jayden Simon DL
Trustin Oliver S
Alec Pell TE/LB
Max Wray OT
Colby Purcell C
Ray Robinson S
Jon Van Diest LB
Curtis Appleton S
Christian Gonzales CB
Mark Perry S
Mekhi Blackmon CB
Brendan Rice WR
Carson Wells LB
Joe Davis RB
Kanan Ray OL
Jarek Broussard RB
Terrance Lang DL (waiting formal announcement, but Bread reports, and he is pretty reliable)

24 by my count.

Best young defender (Gonzo) best young offensive player (Rice) , 3/4 of the starting defensive backfield, one of your best pass rushers (Wells) and DL (Lang), 2 of your OL (Purcell and Ray), two highly rated offensive players (Clayton and Shenault), the starting RB and two depth pieces behind him. This is a disaster.

Another day, another starter hitting the road. Next season will be ugly.
These are large chucks of productivity.

This is absurd. These are productive players, starters, leaders, and up-and-comers. When is the Champions Center going to put out some portal feelers? Dorrell looking to bring in Scott Bakula?

So far:

Blayne Toll TE/DE
Lloyd Murray DL
Ashaad Clayton RB
LaVontae Shenault WR
Zephaniah Maea ILB
Keith Miller WR
Chris Carpenter WR
Jayden Simon DL
Trustin Oliver S
Alec Pell TE/LB
Max Wray OT
Colby Purcell C
Ray Robinson S
Jon Van Diest LB
Curtis Appleton S
Christian Gonzales CB
Mark Perry S
Mekhi Blackmon CB
Brendan Rice WR
Carson Wells LB
Joe Davis RB
Kanan Ray OL
Jarek Broussard RB
Josh Watts P
Chris Miller DB
Dmitri Stanley WR
Chance Lytle OL

27 by my count.

Lang stays. Great news. If Sami sticks, the DL should be serviceable. RJ Sneed II is a nice pickup to fill some of the void at WR. Hurtado and Main are added to the LB corps. Kopp adds to a suddenly full QB room.

I know Christmas has come and gone, but Santa, can we have 4 OL? EDIT: make that five. On the same day Lang decides to stay, Chance Lytle leaves.

OL is the thinnest, least experienced and least talented position group on the roster and guys continue to leave. The portal is a rocky place where CU's seed can find no purchase. I honestly have no idea how CU can do this without immediate OL help from the portal. It has become desperation time.

Last edited:
So far:

Blayne Toll TE/DE
Lloyd Murray DL
Ashaad Clayton RB
LaVontae Shenault WR
Zephaniah Maea ILB
Keith Miller WR
Chris Carpenter WR
Jayden Simon DL
Trustin Oliver S
Alec Pell TE/LB
Max Wray OT
Colby Purcell C
Ray Robinson S
Jon Van Diest LB
Curtis Appleton S
Christian Gonzales CB
Mark Perry S
Mekhi Blackmon CB
Brendan Rice WR
Carson Wells LB
Joe Davis RB
Kanan Ray OL
Jarek Broussard RB
Josh Watts P
Chris Miller DB
Dmitri Stanley WR

26 by my count.

Lang stays. Great news. If Sami sticks, the DL should be serviceable. RJ Sneed II is a nice pickup to fill some of the void at WR. Hurtado and Main are added to the LB corps. Kopp adds to a suddenly full QB room.

I know Christmas has come and gone, but Santa, can we have 4 OL?
Thanks for the update. I think Main will be a guy with his hand in the dirt as an end in a 3 man front or strong side on the 4 man front.

Back