What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Who should be our next head coach?

So, in year three, is it too much to ask that we have an offense somewhere in the top 100? Trajectory!

I thought that was Johnny Depth not bb2. I still don’t get how we shouldn’t judge based on worst offense in fbs and a really bad OL coaching hire. I’m sure coach sled was tucker’s fault somehow.
Same guy. Mods changed his name to Johnny Depth per request and then BB2 wanted his old handle back and they gave it to him.

5-7 program under Mel Tucker that had a large graudating senior class and guys like Will Sherman entering the NFL draft early. You also had medical retirements and ertc. There is no way you can make any reasonable conclusions about kD after a 4-2 record his first year and a 2-6 rrecord his 2nd year with 4 games left. There is not enough data. Got to give the guy some time to fix the problems at CU. Problems that existed before his arrival. IF CU just wants to pay KD 14 milllion to go away and pay another guy to do the same job of rebuilding the program. Which will take time, wont be immediate success. I am not against KD making his money and enjoying life on the beach in Miami.
Years of bad OL recruiting before him and a freshman QB. He ia not a magician.
Bull****. There is enough data. He has been here for almost 2 full years, and didn't take over a dumpster fire. Specifically what has he done to fix the OL issues during this time...I will even accept attempts at fixing it? What has he done to address the QB concern, other than bring in a QB that got hurt in camp....which also allowed him to run off a Sr. Qb that took them to a 4-2 record last year.

Last edited:
Bull****. There is enough data. He has been here for almost 2 full years, and didn't take over a dumpster fire. Specifically what has he done to fix the OL issues during this time...I will even accept attempts at fixing it? What has he done to address the QB concern, other than bring in a QB that got hurt in camp....which also allowed him to run off a Sr. Qb that took them to a 4-2 record last year.
Fired coach Rod! Clearly you’re not paying attention

I hope Depth Big Bang keeps posting. He is absolutely my daily dose of the comics. I know he will make me laugh and be tempted to post replies. Than I remember it is Depth Big Bang and just keep reading

I don’t get the devotion by some to the portal as a remedy for what plagues this roster. The portal is another recruiting vehicle. CU is terrible at recruiting right now. Making things even worse, the portal forces teams to continuously recruit their current rosters so they don’t lose the good players they have. CU sucks at that too, I’d bet. There will be a net talent deficit from the portal for CU.
Nixon, for one

This whole roster is filled with Tucker’s one and some odd recruiting class(es)? This is why The Buffs aren’t doing well this year, nevermind the fact that MSU is in the CFP,if the regular season ended today. This is with players that Tucker plucked from the portal, and about the same amount of classes that he recruited with CU. Obviously this beyond (un)coaching. Had MSU not meddled, maybe CU has a ranked team this year?

The majority are still MM recruits, with some MT and KD seasoning/spices.

KD’s track record speaks for itself. He nosedived out of UCLA, and his one year as OC at Vanderbilt was a trash fire at best. He doesn’t recruit like he should, and no that Chiv is OC, it seems that he’s put his recruiting chops on cruise control.

These are my observations.
Remember, this year's team has the seniors from the Top 40 MM class from 2017 along with the Top 40 MT class from 2020.

It's about the most talent we've had on a CU roster since around 2008. It goes down in 2022.

Freshman QB is also part of the MT top 40 team. He will be making his 9th career start against Oregon state on Saturday. Lets put things in context.

Freshman QB is also part of the MT top 40 team. He will be making his 9th career start against Oregon state on Saturday. Lets put things in context.
That "fight" that you loved seeing from this offense against Oregon? That was mostly from Brendon Lewis and Brenden Rice, two of Tucker's "top 40 team", that you seem to be going out of your way to discount.

I am not going to repeat myself on the OL issue. You can do a quick search to find out what I said or didn't say.
Searching GIF by moodman

After a quick search I discovered you were talking out of both sides of your mouth and ass at the same time. Impressive. You do you boo, you do you.

This Blake Anderson guy in his first year at Utah State is 'only' 6-2 thus far and on track to take USU to MWC title game and has totally 'flipped the script' attitude wise. Now could his athletes get in to CU? Dunno. Other than that, looks like a deal to be made by some P5 school paying attention to G5 head coaches making a quick splash that could be lured away for 'pennies'. Don't imagine institutional support at USU is all that impressive and he has no ties to state of Utah. Ripe for the picking.

This Blake Anderson guy in his first year at Utah State is 'only' 6-2 thus far and on track to take USU to MWC title game and has totally 'flipped the script' attitude wise. Now could his athletes get in to CU? Dunno. Other than that, looks like a deal to be made by some P5 school paying attention to G5 head coaches making a quick splash that could be lured away for 'pennies'. Don't imagine institutional support at USU is all that impressive and he has no ties to state of Utah. Ripe for the picking.
Coaches don’t leave for new jobs after one season.

Anderson has a solid resume for sure. What he is doing at Utah State right now is actually a background reason why I would hire him at a P5 school (see: Gary Andersen and Matt Wells).

Back