What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Will there be a Real Spring Game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweet. Great memories guys. That's the essence of what stuck in my head. I remember being with my Dad and him commenting about some of the older guys being in no shape to play a real football game. We were laughing watching some of the guys run around having fun. As I recall, there were actually some "older" guys "playing," but they were probably in their 30's(?). I almost vaguely remember the Leon White appearance.

Funny. Looking back, I can't imagine who thought that was a good idea--beyond the mere marketing of it--and no way that would happen now.
Despite the pain I remember the alums having a great time.

Agree that putting a bunch of older out of shape guys out there isn't a great idea and the chances of somebody getting badly hurt is too high to be acceptable.

I would love though to see each year having as part of the spring game/event an attempt to bring back as many former players as possible and recognize them. Could be fun to have an alumni flag football game.

A lot of those guys would love to put on a jersey again, even for a flag game. A lot of them have things to contribute to the program and school be it financial, connecting with potential donors, and lending a sense of continuity and history. Show current players and potential recruits that once a Buff always a Buff.

Just called about my tickets again... talked to Garret, no luck and Starting to scare me... he said they could be calling through April... **** that... I keep being told I will get tickets, just keep waiting.

4/22 confirmed

wayward pines GIF

Have to think there will be a ton of students in attendance, especially with no sports pass required like games. Could be 50k+ total in attendance.

Despite the pain I remember the alums having a great time.

Agree that putting a bunch of older out of shape guys out there isn't a great idea and the chances of somebody getting badly hurt is too high to be acceptable.

I would love though to see each year having as part of the spring game/event an attempt to bring back as many former players as possible and recognize them. Could be fun to have an alumni flag football game.

A lot of those guys would love to put on a jersey again, even for a flag game. A lot of them have things to contribute to the program and school be it financial, connecting with potential donors, and lending a sense of continuity and history. Show current players and potential recruits that once a Buff always a Buff.
Skills Challenge with Alums would be my vote. Let's see if Kordell and Klatt can still sling it with accuracy. Which Alum can still crank out reps of 225. Who has a vertical leap. Which lineman is now the smallest or largest for body mass and let them have a food eating contest straight from the vendors who are in attendance. Maybe most Tacos in 3 minutes. Let the WR's have an OBJ challenge for level of difficulty with a one-handed catch. Also, an Arm-Wrestling Tournament!

Just called about my tickets again... talked to Garret, no luck and Starting to scare me... he said they could be calling through April... **** that... I keep being told I will get tickets, just keep waiting.

How the **** is it taking so long? Don't they do this as a 9-5 job for the AD? Is it one Boomer aged person using a rotary phone or what?

What concerns me a little bit is that others on here with about the same priority number have said they've already been called.

I have called several times and have a decent priority number. Last year was my only year without tickets. Got a non-answer and the guy said they’ll be calling through March.

Seems odd to me based on some of the people who have received the call thus far

I was the 3x eat til you Ralphie and 2x Alfred Packer rib eating champ.
I’d sign up.

Which lineman is now the smallest or largest for body mass and let them have a food eating contest straight from the vendors who are in attendance. Maybe most Tacos in 3 minutes.
We’re the ribs cooked?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back