What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 CO ATH Kalen Ballage (Signed to Arizona State)

ASU game was an epiphany. Mac can out coach that guy if he has the talent.

Let's see. ASU blows the doors off of us in the first quarter this year and Mac could outcoach Graham? ASU didn't show up much like we didn't show up against ASU. Both of those failures come from the coaching staff. Sure, ASU has better talent, but it's not world's better. Not the game is over at the end of the first and I'm only going to run it in the 2nd half bad.

ASU was totally unprepared and unmotivated. That's on the coaches. That Chinese Fire Drill at the end of the first half was comical.

Let's see. ASU blows the doors off of us in the first quarter this year and Mac could outcoach Graham? ASU didn't show up much like we didn't show up against ASU. Both of those failures come from the coaching staff. Sure, ASU has better talent, but it's not world's better. Not the game is over at the end of the first and I'm only going to run it in the 2nd half bad.
Dude, we should just have u as coach and we'll be fine.

No, it is. ASsU has a lot of big and fast athletes

Did you watch the game?

'14 CO ATH Kalen Ballage (Verbal to Arizona State)

No, it is. ASsU has a lot of big and fast athletes

Yeah, I'll concede I was wrong on that. With that said the team didn't show up to play against ASU. They beat us like Oregon does, yet aren't as nearly as good as UO. Hardly any of their fans showed up either, but that's probably nothing new.

Asu didn't want to play in their bowl game. That's a reflection on the coaching staff, but a lot of teams don't give a **** about their bowl game. Most are meaningless. Sucks to say that since our guys would kill for one right now.

Yeah, I'll concede I was wrong on that. With that said the team didn't show up to play against ASU. They beat us like Oregon does, yet aren't as nearly as good as UO. Hardly any of their fans showed up either, but that's probably nothing new.

Asu didn't want to play in their bowl game. That's a reflection on the coaching staff, but a lot of teams don't give a **** about their bowl game. Most are meaningless. Sucks to say that since our guys would kill for one right now.
And that is something I will not disagree with

You obviously don't understand what an epiphany is. :sad2:

Last edited:
Has KB played in any all star games? I haven't seen him in the 2 big games. What's the story with that?

Has KB played in any all star games? I haven't seen him in the 2 big games. What's the story with that?

Not to start this conspiracy/debate, but 4A/Colorado may be the culprit. In all honesty why this has been a mostly regional recruitment save for a couple Big Ten schools. Surprised the Big 12 didn't try to woo him at all.

Not to start this conspiracy/debate, but 4A/Colorado may be the culprit. In all honesty why this has been a mostly regional recruitment save for a couple Big Ten schools. Surprised the Big 12 didn't try to woo him at all.
A kid from 3A Colorado played in one, so not sure that is the problem.

Not sure about this weekend, but the UCLA coaches were were apparently going to visit him today:

[tweet]426074462627184641[/tweet]

Last edited:
Coach Mac2 needs to offer Ballage as an athlete in the Myles Jack role. Tell him he can do what Jack does, play RB, play LB, play both ways and only come off the field for special teams. See if that would interest him. It would be a creative way to maybe get him interested.

Coach Mac2 needs to offer Ballage as an athlete in the Myles Jack role. Tell him he can do what Jack does, play RB, play LB, play both ways and only come off the field for special teams. See if that would interest him. It would be a creative way to maybe get him interested.

i was thinking more of a percy harvin role. You will be the centerpice of the offense in the passing AND running game. Our offense will go as you go.

'14 CO ATH Kalen Ballage (Verbal to Arizona State)

i was thinking more of a percy harvin role. You will be the centerpice of the offense in the passing AND running game. Our offense will go as you go.

Kalen doesn't fit into that role. If anyone in the class is going to be in a Harvin type role it'll be D. Lee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

why not? Big and fast, can run and can catch. Use him as much as you can

Some scouts thought that Ballage would be a WR, some a LB, some a RB. After his camps and his senior year, I think the consensus ended up in the RB camp. But he's a good enough athlete to play in a bunch of spots.

I'll be shocked if he ends up a Buff. Other than Nik's cool idea, I haven't seen a thing that makes me think he's considering. Man I hope I get shocked. Either way, I still see our class as an upgrade in talent.

I'll be shocked if he ends up a Buff. Other than Nik's cool idea, I haven't seen a thing that makes me think he's considering. Man I hope I get shocked. Either way, I still see our class as an upgrade in talent.
His mom wants him close to home

Back