What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 CO ATH Kalen Ballage (Signed to Arizona State)

Bellside, thanks for reporting in. Super interesting to get the inside scoop on his recruitment. As you can tell by the 28 pages in the thread, we Buff fans would be thrilled if he chose to put on the black and gold. I honestly think he would be a star at CU and could be credited as part of what helped to put the Buffs back in the national discussion as a competitive team in conference and as a top 25 team.

Hope he sees the potential because it is there.

This would be great, soften the Dotson loss.

I'd give up 2 or 3 Dotsons for Ballage. Dotson is a guy who would have been an important recruit for us but Ballage is bigger, faster, and more talented. He is also a Colorado legacy kid and he is the kid of all the Colorado kids this year who I want the most. If Ballage picks CU that will give M2 another big dose of credibility with next years Colorado class.

I'd give up 2 or 3 Dotsons for Ballage. Dotson is a guy who would have been an important recruit for us but Ballage is bigger, faster, and more talented. He is also a Colorado legacy kid and he is the kid of all the Colorado kids this year who I want the most. If Ballage picks CU that will give M2 another big dose of credibility with next years Colorado class.

:nod:

He is also a Colorado legacy kid and he is the kid of all the Colorado kids this year who I want the most. If Ballage picks CU that will give M2 another big dose of credibility with next years Colorado class.

:nod: :nod:

COME.....

ON.......

Kalen!!!!!!

Stay at home and be the hero of the university! Be the face of change! Lead the turnaround!

He would be a campus and Folsom favorite. The local stud who stayed home....and was rewarded with instant respect and admiration. A significant piece vs just another recruit. We can offer something over asu/ucla

This guy is a long shot and always has been. Having said that, if Ballage commits and CU adds Fields and maybe Stallings, this suddenly becomes a pretty decent and balanced class, given where CU has been the last few years. Prove me wrong Kalen and go Buff!!!

'14 CO ATH Kalen Ballage (Verbal to Arizona State)

Funny how one guy on this class would be the difference between a class in the 50's or 60's and a class in the 30's. one guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funny how one guy on this class would be the difference between a class in the 50's or 60's and a class in the 30's. one guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would he make that much difference in the final rankings?

I do know that he would make a huge difference in the perception of the class regardless of recruiting rankings

Class rankings aside (a debate I would lose and don't care about anyway), many of the verbal commits in this class are both intriguing and capable. A number of these players were dominant in their all star games and playoffs, and played at a very high level with high school programs located primarily in Texas and Cal. Couple of the uncommitted guys we now have circling make this even more interesting as we approach the last few days in the process.

Kalen has significant potential on many fronts. Beyond his obvious physical attributes, what a well spoken and dedicated young man! Class act. This combo has great potential should Kalen choose to be a Buff and head to Boulder..... No doubt we can all see the potential here.

Last edited:
This class is underrated. Mac and the staff have recruited some very solid players, but very few high-profile players. Several commits are flying under the radar or have great potential but need to bulk up for the PAC 12. The class will stay underrated even if Kalen signs. But, who cares, Kalen signing with CU would be a huge step in the right direction. If the staff can win this battle and bring a blue-chip star to go with all the blue-collar workers, this class will be very good, especially with them staying in school for their college careers thanks to Mac's 4F approach. Signing a player of his caliber affirmatively answers the question can our staff compete for star recruits? Kalen adds the game-changer you need on a team of solid, well coached players.

Kalen and Shay to finish this class is....well, pretty damn exciting. Makes the class stronger and fills needs for us. I cannot see Shay RS this year at all, and not sure about Kalen. I think he could be a huge factor right away. I wonder how he feels about RSing a year to be even MORE of a factor?

Kalen and Shay to finish this class is....well, pretty damn exciting. Makes the class stronger and fills needs for us. I cannot see Shay RS this year at all, and not sure about Kalen. I think he could be a huge factor right away. I wonder how he feels about RSing a year to be even MORE of a factor?
No way either of those guys RS. Shay wants to play early and I suspect Kalen does too. And they would immediately be amongst the most athletic playmakers on our whole roster. That is something we are in dire need of and even more so with PRich graduating. Imagine improved line play and Sefo improving in year 2 plus Kalen and Shay on the field on the offensive side of the ball at all times.

Donovan Lee isn't a slouch either, I think his role (kind of like DATs) will really let him excel on the offensive side of the ball

Donovan Lee isn't a slouch either, I think his role (kind of like DATs) will really let him excel on the offensive side of the ball
Totally agree with you-forgot to include him in all the hype around Fields and Kalen

'14 CO ATH Kalen Ballage (Verbal to Arizona State)

At least you're keeping expectations in check.
This is what I was referring to...

"The role Coach Mac envisions for me is a utility player. I would play some out of the backfield and motion out to the slot and run some routes so they can get me out into space, kind of like a DeAnthony Thomas player," said Lee, who measured in at 5-foot-8, 167-pounds on his visit. "They saw some of the stuff I was doing on offense as a senior and were impressed."

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1599854

I wasn't saying he's going to be as good as DAT, but he'd be on the field like DAT and like DAT in how he is used in the offense

Totally agree with you-forgot to include him in all the hype around Fields and Kalen

I was including him. Big upgrade in athleticism and play making ability if that's how it ends up shaking out.

Last edited:
I do think Lee has real potential but let's not hijack Kalen's thread with it. We have some kind of real chance at him which is something most of us had written off months ago. Here's to hoping being a triple legacy and playing near family and being a hometown hero matter to him!

I do think Lee has real potential but let's not hijack Kalen's thread with it. We have some kind of real chance at him which is something most of us had written off months ago. Here's to hoping being a triple legacy and playing near family and being a hometown hero matter to him!

Kalen potentially could be that kid that opens up things for everyone else. I see him playing and contributing right away.

No way either of those guys RS. Shay wants to play early and I suspect Kalen does too. And they would immediately be amongst the most athletic playmakers on our whole roster. That is something we are in dire need of and even more so with PRich graduating. Imagine improved line play and Sefo improving in year 2 plus Kalen and Shay on the field on the offensive side of the ball at all times.

Be still my beating heart! :plot: Agreed on both per immediate impact players. And some others in this class have that potential also.

Kalen
The Buffs are rolling. Join the stampede!
Was just thinking the same thing-wondering if a fellow 4 star skill guy joining might get him more excited to be part of our return to greatness. Sefo must be super stoked about the possibility of throwing to Fields and handing off to Kalen. I suspect Kalen would also be used quite a bit in the receiving game.

Come on Kalen, Buffalo up, it's your turn now!

UCLA might be the darkhorse here despite jumping in here late in the process imo. #1 they are UCLA. But more importantly they have a proven track record of playing guys successfully on O and D (Jack) and Barr just won the Lott at OLB and will be a Top 5 pick (he was set on playing RB during the recruiting process)

UCLA might be the darkhorse here despite jumping in here late in the process imo. #1 they are UCLA. But more importantly they have a proven track record of playing guys successfully on O and D (Jack) and Barr just won the Lott at OLB and will be a Top 5 pick (he was set on playing RB during the recruiting process)

Maybe. Kalen doesn't want to play defense and they are stacked with young RB talent, though.

I really think this is between ASU and CU.

Back