What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 CO ATH Kalen Ballage (Signed to Arizona State)

I'm saying that it's not going to work in this case. Ballage is not considering CU according to a very good source.

The whole rumor about Mom appears to either be false or hold no weight. False Rumor, Urban Myth, whatever....

Last edited:
'14 CO ATH Kalen Ballage (Verbal to Arizona State)

Guess my source was also not in on the secret! Happy to be eating crow.

I really wanted to say something to that earlier post about waiting a bit but couldn't risk it

:lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm saying that it's not going to work in this case. Ballage is not considering CU according to a very good source.

The whole rumor about Mom appears to either be false or hold no weight. False Rumor, Urban Myth, whatever....
I think it was Fred Jones who's parents wouldn't sign the LOI to come to CU. He waited till he was 18 and signed it himself.

I really wanted to say something to that earlier post about waiting a bit but couldn't risk it

:lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really wanted to say something about you badgering me about my opinion that our MBB team was going to be in deep **** because of the injury to Spencer Dinwiddie..... but we'll call it even up. ;)

Last edited:
And now I'm confused? Some news on this front?

Numerous reports that CU has made a move to get in the mix with Ballage.

We'll get more posted tomorrow as soon as we hit either the "24 Hour Rule" or have multiple sources.

There's hope here.

Still first on my want list. Come on Kalen be a Buff. You can do great things in Boulder.

Numerous reports that CU has made a move to get in the mix with Ballage.

We'll get more posted tomorrow as soon as we hit either the "24 Hour Rule" or have multiple sources.

There's hope here.
Don't forget, you promised me.

http://colorado.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=422&tid=197570343&mid=197570343&sid=894&style=2
Four-star prospect Kalen Ballage, from Falcon (Colo.) High, is the Buffaloes' third official visitor, the mystery visitor for this weekend. He is ranked No. 133 nationally, regardless of position, by Rivals.com.

Ballage is currently a soft Arizona State commitment. He has already visited the Sun Devils, and has also taken official visits to Nebraska and Washington (came back from Seattle earlier today), with a trip scheduled to UCLA for next weekend.

RyanK (artist formerly known as UBL) got this info back on like Tuesday or Wednesday but sat on it till Friday, when Adam reported it. Good work over at rivals.

http://colorado.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=422&tid=197570343&mid=197570343&sid=894&style=2

RyanK (artist formerly known as UBL) got this info back on like Tuesday or Wednesday but sat on it till Friday, when Adam reported it. Good work over at rivals.
Holy crap! Wasn't he scheduled to be at UCLA this weekend?
Yes, I get my recruiting news time late as I have no other subscriptions other than this one. Anyway, quite a surprise. Hope you had a great visit, Kalen! Would love to see CU in the Black and Gold!

Holy crap! Wasn't he scheduled to be at UCLA this weekend?
Yes, I get my recruiting news time late as I have no other subscriptions other than this one. Anyway, quite a surprise. Hope you had a great visit, Kalen! Would love to see CU in the Black and Gold!
He's going to UCLA next weekend for his final visit. He went to UW earlier this week.

I'd hold the excitement until we see a commitment announcement and a cancellation of the UCLA visit.

Will be an interesting couple of weeks.

I know this has been said in one way or another in this thread a few times, but if I were in Kalen's shoes I would give CU a serious consideration. He could be the Embree of his generation who chose to stay closer to home to help rebuild the best program in the state. He would be the star of the class and be positioned to be the star of the team a la PRich for a recent example.

He goes to another school w/ better recent recruiting and he is one of many studs on the team. He could be a hometown hero and likely the biggest stud on our team.

Also if I were him, based on everything that has happened so far, if I were to commit to CU, I would keep it on the down low and announce on signing day maybe even with the hats, etc. While many of us find that behavior egocentric in this case, I think it would be positive for CU b/c you have the UCLA, UW, CU hats together and he picks us, probably gets at least a pic and story on ESPN. Good for him good for CU.

Kalen definitely visited the Buffs this weekend and yes the family (not just his mom)is putting on the full-court press to keep him in state he still really likes Arizona State and is going to listen to UCLA and see what they're offering but CU has definitely put themselves in the conversation even though the recruiting sites sites never really link them together they had an in-home visit with him just last Thursday. It's really up to this coaching staff to see if they can really sale the program because he's still open

Last edited:
From reading BellsideBuff's 6 posts to date, I'm going to wait to NSD to see what happens. Clearly close to the situation.

Definitely a program changing recruitment. I hope we win this one because he wants to be a Buff, not because he's feeling pressure to be a Buff.

Kalen definitely visited the Buffs this weekend and yes the family (not just his mom)is putting on the full-court press to keep him in state he still really likes Arizona State and is going to listen to UCLA and see what they're offering but CU has definitely put themselves in the conversation even though the recruiting sites sites never really link them together they had an in-home visit with him just last Thursday. It's really up to this coaching staff to see if they can really sale the program because he's still open
Where do you get your information? You sure seem enthusiastic about our chances.

He's going to UCLA next weekend for his final visit. He went to UW earlier this week.
Ah, got it. Thanks. Just excited to have a 4 star (and in state no less) come visit - haven't had that in a while.

Or, at least what seems like a while (disclaimer made before tini feels the need to go all stat wizard on me.)

He could be a pivotal point of CU history! Do it Kalen!

Semper Gumby
We had more than our share of prima donnas who were supposed to be saviors about the time the wheels came off this bus, and it only made things worse when they came in and acted like spoiled divas, or worse. It takes a special kind of young man to actually pull off the type of move it would be for Kalen to come here and help turn things around.

He'd have to be willing to forget a lot of the hype of being a highly sought recruit, and be a Buff first and foremost - "to whom much is given, much is expected," and all that. Of course, if he does end up playing for CU and living up to his potential on and off the field, he might become one of the most lauded Buffs ever.

I hope he stays. Also, looking at his profile pic, momma's boy isn't what comes to mind, but who knows?

Highly sought after recruit, yes. But I will be damned if CU ever takes a back seat to freakn ASU and fUCLA.

Back