What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'16 OR QB Sam Noyer (Signed to COLORADO)

Really excited about this dude being part of the program. Didn't even balk about the Sheriron Jones transfer, said he was ready to compete for the starting job. He's been following our new recruits and you can just tell he would have been here months ago if it was possible.

He's our sole recruit at the most important position in football. I like his confidence, all QBs need to have it. You just never know which guy will see the field in slow motion and which will panic until they get to campus. I keep saying to myself, we have to get lucky sometime don't we?

Yeah and I actually thought Sefo did an okay job running the read option when he was allowed to. Also did a good job on the jet sweep fake inside runs. Obviously the coaches wanted to limit those runs with his shoulder though.
The Sefo-Sneak was killer this year!

The only way it's not bad news is if they are simply bringing him back to add a veteran presence and emergency QB3 to the room. If he is truly in the mix for QB1, that position group is ****ed.

I'm afraid it means we have no shot at any other grad transfer QBs.

That was my original thought as well, but perhaps it means they weren't looking for a QB1, but rather a veteran QB2/3, which most Grad Transfer QBs aren't looking to be.
So Lytle or Lewis. I wonder if Noyer took a look around the portal and found CU was still his best option?

I would imagine Stenstrom leaving played a part too.

That was my original thought as well, but perhaps it means they weren't looking for a QB1, but rather a veteran QB2/3, which most Grad Transfer QBs aren't looking to be.
i Think this is good news. My guess is the staff is confident in the QBs we have and Noyer can fill the depth lost when Stenstrum left, which would be tough to do with a GT.
I’m really hoping Lytle surprises. He was the highest ranked QBs recruit for us in decades.

A concern I have with this is that it may signal that the new staff wants to go with an offense that doesn't fit Lewis as well meaning that he is going to have to adjust or we will again be looking to find QBs for the future.

A concern I have with this is that it may signal that the new staff wants to go with an offense that doesn't fit Lewis as well meaning that he is going to have to adjust or we will again be looking to find QBs for the future.
They had 2 scholarship QB on roster. That’s it.

I fear CU is going to try some version of the WCO. That is a disaster at the CFB level. But that is what I fear HCKD is most comfortable with.

You have to work hard to come up with this stuff! They had 2 scholarship QBs on roster.

No reporter is going to say someone is coming back to not compete for PT. But he didn't leave here because he thought he'd be the starter.

Secondly, it doesn't even say he will be using up a scholarship. I wouldn't necessarily assume that.

You have to work hard to come up with this stuff! They had 2 scholarship QBs on roster.

No reporter is going to say someone is coming back to not compete for PT. But he didn't leave here because he thought he'd be the starter.

Secondly, it doesn't even say he will be using up a scholarship. I wouldn't necessarily assume that.
If he is coming back as a WO that would be ideal buy I doubt it.

I also understand the two QBs situation but remember this is a guy who the last staff switched from QB because he wasn't in their plans. If it gets to the point where he is playing is he that much better than our walk-on back ups.

Of course he isn't going to be in the mix to start, even if they don't admit it.

A part of him leaving though along with Stenstrom was the prior staff indicating they were going to move the offense into a different style. They then went out and recruited their guy to run that style.

I can certainly see Noyer not getting a lot of interest from other D1 schools. He could have likely though at least gotten a shot at an FCS school or a D2. My concern stated is that part of his return is a return to an offense in which he is much more comfortable. If that happens it means we are going away from the offensive style that Lewis was recruited for. Maybe not, maybe Lewis adapts. If not then we are another year behind in the QB chase and maybe two because first year staffs usually have an uphill battle recruiting QBs.

A lot of maybes but they are a concern.

Noyer in the company of 4 of the top 5 Heisman candidates

That is great for Sam, but this thread is the greatest Dish of Crow I have ever read!!! Most discussions were about if he could hold a clipboard at best while Lewis took over. I think that Sam could be the best mentor for Brendon until he takes over for 2-3 years.

Back