What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'18 CO ATH Max Borghi (Signed to Washington State)

I'm not a recruiting expert, but I wasn't really excited about our class thus far. Borghi though was one of the kids that I was excited about, and I'm afraid that the pirate just got a real good steal. I like Smith too, but I still really wanted Max to be in Boulder. This sucks.

Purely speculation, but the only logical explanation that I can think of us is that we pulled the scholarship. Everything pointed to this kid being a buff lock. From his little league team (coached by a CU Alum) being the Arvada Buffaloes, to the way he spoke about and repped CU... I don't think he was afraid of competing against Smith/ Broussard. Also notice how he said, "truly believing in my skill set." What a sour way to start off my Friday morning.

Purely speculation, but the only logical explanation that I can think of us is that we pulled the scholarship.

I can think of multiple logical explanations in addition to pulling his offer. No matter how it happened at least the when it happened was beneficial to Borgi. I've seen Stanford, Michigan, and others pull scholarship offers in the finals days leading to national signing day.

Bringing in two more similar RB's the past week was a signal that something was up.

This really came out of nowhere. I would love to know the reasoning behind the flip.

More than likely we've pulled his scholarship for one reason or another. In the high school coaching community, there have been some rumblings this spring and summer about Borghi. Wish him all the best.

I know it is big boy football, but I really hate to think our coaches are pulling scholarships, esp from colorado kids after they commit

For everyone thinking we pulled the scholarship how often has M2 ever pulled a scholarship offer from a committed kid? I have no idea of the real story but I seriously doubt his scholly was pulled unless we see something to the contrary.

Purely speculation but I think it was his decision, he saw other guys coming in after thinking he was "the guy" and decided to look at his options. Getting Smith may have made the coaches less interested in trying to convince him not to flip but no I don't think he was pushed.

If it was some other problem like academics or a character issue I also think that we would have either heard about it or other schools like WSU would have backed off as well.

Simple fact I do know; teenagers change their minds. They get hurt when they think they are the priority then think they aren't, they get attracted to things shiny and different. Leach is a pro, he knows how to get a kids attention.

Who knows what happened with this kid but unless we really know different it is unfair to him to speculate and to label him a bad kid. Stuff happens, don't always assume it is bad. It's not fair to the kid and makes us look petty.

I'm just wondering if the staff knows something we don't. Might not be the case at all, kinda seems that way though.

You don't pull scholarships in June unless there is some sort of off the field issue we don't know about (which I highly doubt).

Probably was asked about position switch or was concerned about the other RBs we got commitments from.

FYI we did not recruit a second RB last year because we were concerned Fontenot would look elsewhere. It happens.

More than likely we've pulled his scholarship for one reason or another. In the high school coaching community, there have been some rumblings this spring and summer about Borghi. Wish him all the best.

I've heard things as well. Wish him the best.

Back