What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'18 JC WDE Alex Tchangam (SIGNED to COLORADO)

What I really like about this kid is he's really watching the backfield as the play develops, while still putting a move on those LT's. I get the sense that he's not easily fooled by playaction and option reads, and explodes to the ball once he reads body language and the backfield shows commit. I really want Alex as a Buff.

Last edited:
De Anza's coach tweeting out the Allbuffs profile & Tchangam retweeting it? Up is down, cats and dogs are becoming best friends, Allbuffs is now considered respectable or mainstream or something. All I can say is make sure you've all stocked up because the zombie apocalypse is likely imminent. :eek:

(Very cool, though. :cool:)

Dude is all there. Was a QB/WR in high school and has put in the time in the weight room to take that athleticism and put some serious mass onto his frame to turn himself into a DE. Hopefully his Instagram photos will post: http://www.thepictaram.club/instagram/chasingtc._

26067065_550970185268588_3024040967935098880_n.jpg

25022809_388133458266853_2476583867788558336_n.jpg

25005359_346229215845646_1057632054507732992_n.jpg

23348105_1473162629464944_6094367355310178304_n.jpg
Dude looks like a physical freak! Become a Buff young man!!!

Defensive lineman Chris Mulumba, who started 10 games for the Buffs in 2017, served as Tchangam's player host over the weekend. Tchangam measured in at 6-foot-2, 258-pounds on his visit.

"They see me as a true pass rusher at outside linebacker in their 3-4 defense," he said.

Lots of good info in this one.

Some folks probably had the thought that the Nu Falo announcement would have an impact on whether CU would still pursue Tchangam since they are both OLBs. It won't. Even the CU beat media has known Falo was coming back since at least early December 2017, so I'd expect the coaches were expecting it for quite a bit longer than that. Tchangam was offered with the coaches already having Falo on their roster depth chart.

One of my questions was his size. His actuals fit the film, but we had seen 280+ bounced around. We seem to specialize in recent African (or 1st gen) immigrants. We've had a bevy of them under MM, and they all have been key players.

Question though, I'd think he'd jump on CU's offer right away considering his others on the list. What gives? He have some other offers or what?

One of my questions was his size. His actuals fit the film, but we had seen 280+ bounced around. We seem to specialize in recent African (or 1st gen) immigrants. We've had a bevy of them under MM, and they all have been key players.
Who's in charge of ordering the AFRIRADO t-shirts?

I don't think they are over signing by this much, forcing attrition, only to have a JUCO OLB take a RS year. I think they are expecting him to get on the field in some way, whether it's a rotation on defense or Special Teams.

Probably, but I also see no signs of forcing attrition. We get 7-8 every year, so I am not at the point where I'm seeing forced attrition.

Side note: He has 30 lbs of muscle on Akil Jones, listed as an ILB.

Probably, but I also see no signs of forcing attrition. We get 7-8 every year, so I am not at the point where I'm seeing forced attrition.

Side note: He has 30 lbs of muscle on Akil Jones, listed as an ILB.
"Forced attrition", "encouraged attrition" or "natural attrition"... Tomato tomato, IMO. Point is, they are consciously over signing by a quite a few, with at least 2-3 more they'd be willing to take. As I said, I view that behavior as pulling out all the stops to compete in 2018, not 2-3 years down the road. If they thought Tchangam was going to need a RS year, they'd be better off just going the HS route.

Question though, I'd think he'd jump on CU's offer right away considering his others on the list. What gives? He have some other offers or what?

Sounds like he wants to check out Kansas for comparisons sake. Once he does that there should be no more questions. It is his first time going on official visits afterall.

Something to keep in mind with transfers (whether JUCO, graduate or traditional 4yr-to-4yr-D1), they are generally much more mature and deliberate about the process than high school kids. They don't get as swept up with the compliments, coach promises and media attention. It becomes much more like an adult job search for them. I'm not at all surprised that Tchangam wants to see Kansas in person. He's probably also seeing if other opportunities materialize before he shuts things down. It's just a different dynamic and different process. Frankly, I think that the way MacIntyre presents things works better with that audience than it does with a high school kid who is more impressed by swag, seeing his name on the stadium scoreboard during his visit, and meeting college women.

Alrighty, it was more just a curious question than anything. That and I missed that he's visiting Kansas. Anyway, thanks.

"Forced attrition", "encouraged attrition" or "natural attrition"... Tomato tomato, IMO. Point is, they are consciously over signing by a quite a few, with at least 2-3 more they'd be willing to take. As I said, I view that behavior as pulling out all the stops to compete in 2018, not 2-3 years down the road. If they thought Tchangam was going to need a RS year, they'd be better off just going the HS route.
I don't know that we are still looking to add more than 1-2. 2018 appears to be a big focus, agree. This kid is probably in 18 plans, sure. The reason to add a Juco rather than a High school guy is simple. Best Player available. Less risk. There's exceptions to the rule and this kid could be that. It would be unusual though.

Now 2* on 247sports and 3* on Rivals. No ESPN profile yet (they're as bad on JUCOs as they are with CO prospects).

Back