What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'18 JC WDE Alex Tchangam (SIGNED to COLORADO)

He has to graduate before he can be in Boulder, and with the quarter system, rather than in May, that will be July.

So he can’t enroll until fall and can’t join the team until than? Or he can join the team immediately upon graduation and enrolls in classes for fall?

So he can’t enroll until fall and can’t join the team until than? Or he can join the team immediately upon graduation and enrolls in classes for fall?

Most likely he will join the team in time for camp, which is the last week of July.

It can get really confusing when a JUCO transfer needs to graduate before joining the team.
Which is probably the biggest negative for recruiting JUCO players who can't transfer in January. Many schools don't do it. Which opens some opportunities due to there being less competition for signatures. CU needs to limit how often it does this, though.

Which is probably the biggest negative for recruiting JUCO players who can't transfer in January. Many schools don't do it. Which opens some opportunities due to there being less competition for signatures. CU needs to limit how often it does this, though.
Seems like he might be best off burning his RS year right off the bat. But I suppose that all depends on how prepared he is for P5 football.

CU has him listed at 6'3"... Basically a prototype of Von Miller if true.

I think it was his story I read where he said von miller was who he wanted to emulate and be. If he’s 1/2 the player Von is, we’re lucky because miller is incredibly gifted.

If someone helps him with his first step he could be really good. . Reminds me of watching Alfred Williams in college. Alfred was a stud, but he had no explosion in college on his first step or two. He picked that up sometime after he left Cincinnati in the pros and he became so much better. If our coaches teach Tchangam that he is going to be a monster for us.

If someone helps him with his first step he could be really good. . Reminds me of watching Alfred Williams in college. Alfred was a stud, but he had no explosion in college on his first step or two. He picked that up sometime after he left Cincinnati in the pros and he became so much better. If our coaches teach Tchangam that he is going to be a monster for us.
Butkus award winner. First round pick and no good first step? I think you may be mistaken

Butkus award winner. First round pick and no good first step? I think you may be mistaken
Not mistaken at all, if you ever run into Al, even he will say it. He was so talented and so much bigger and stronger than everyone else in college he didn't need that amazing first step. If he had known how to explode off the ball in college he could have had 20 sacks in both his last two years. Didn't say Al wasn't good, he was very good. He just lacked that last piece.

Back