What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'18 TX WR Jarek Broussard (SIGNED to COLORADO)

The payoff in DFW recruiting has been ridiculous.
CU has had a long string of guys from the D-FW area who have been players. The talent is there and if we put the effort into recruiting the area they are willing to come to CU.

For the Buffs any recruiting strategy that doesn't place a solid emphasis on that area is a mistake.

Why does the title say he’s a WR?
He played both WR and RB in HS, IIRC more WR.

He was also looked at by many as a WR in college because he wasn't a big guy coming in at under 180lbs

He rushed for about 750 yards his senior season of high school but made a couple of all state teams as a WR.

This is really stupid!
All the time spent with him for surgery and rehab and care to help him get back on the field, then the massive amount of carries he got in 2020, and then walk out the door.
Jarek, please reconsider

KD is not a cancer. 9 players started class this week. Obviously players want to play for him.
Here is his record for this year
--strikes a camerman like a diagruntled adolescent...something if I did I would be FIRED..
--finishes second to last in P12 south
--finishes last in total offense in the pac
--finishes second to last in total defense in the pac
--has the most portal entries in the pac
--loses arguably his top 5 players to the portal

And yeah..these 9 newcomers have yet to PLAY a down for HCKD..

He is killing the program...

We could easily go 0-12 or 1-11 next year..

Opinions..we all have them...

Can’t fault a guy for getting his degree and wanting somebody else to pay for a master’s degree. He’s a major underdog to play professionally, so it’s pretty awesome that he wants to have a shot at winning and get a free ride for a post-grad degree. Smart guy.
Agree 100%.....prognosis for this coming years Buffs is below average at very best...he has pro potential imho..great vision.

Good luck to him..he was fun to watch..

Maybe you should read his twitty post. He is graduating with a degree from The University of Colorado in May. JB owes CU nothing further.
He got the best Medical Care and Treatment money can buy, plus full physical rehabilitation and strength training from one of the best in the country. He got a fully paid degree, and was beloved and supported by the fans. He does not owe CU anything, but he received about $300,000 in life value from all of that. I like JBrou and I wish him all the luck, I just wish he could have been happy and loyal enough to finish what he started with the Buffs.

Gigantic loss
This one may be the straw the breaks the CU fan in me.

With the Broncos, it was the way they treated P. Lindsey. I just don't have any reason to care about a crappy team that I used to follow but doesn't resemble any of the traits I used to respect and applaud.

Losing Broussard, Gonzales, Blackmon, Rice, and Perry (and more to come, no doubt), I just don't really know what I'm rooting for. A logo? A cool logo, definitely.

I do love Ralphie and want to see her grow into an imposing stampeding buffalo. I loved her first run. I did love being at both Orange Bowls (second one quite a bit more). I did love hanging at the Fiesta Bowl win over (again) ND--that was super, super sweet. I LOVED 62-35!! I loved the 2016 season. I loved beating NEB every time!!! And the Miracle in MICH (except I was so drunk I was running into walls in my apt in LA).

All of that seems so far away, and with the NIL and Portal, even further away than it has been.

I think I'll focus this summer on my new favorite (former) Buff: Sepp Kuss.

He got the best Medical Care and Treatment money can buy, plus full physical rehabilitation and strength training from one of the best in the country. He got a fully paid degree, and was beloved and supported by the fans. He does not owe CU anything, but he received about $300,000 in life value from all of that. I like JBrou and I wish him all the luck, I just wish he could have been happy and loyal enough to finish what he started with the Buffs.
Not many (if any) guys stay with current team post graduation. Makes sense for him to move on.

Can’t fault a guy for getting his degree and wanting somebody else to pay for a master’s degree. He’s a major underdog to play professionally, so it’s pretty awesome that he wants to have a shot at winning and get a free ride for a post-grad degree. Smart guy.
He has also busted his tail and performed for the Buffs without a lot of reward.

Not only can he get a masters paid for as you state be depending on where he goes he can also get the experience of contributing to a team that wins games.

Can't fault him a bit.

He gave four years to CU football. He didnt leave early. And yet there are those that are unsatisfied with him as if he owes them another pound of flesh.
Him leaving after everyone else left is definitely not a great look for Colorado, but it makes a lot of sense for him. I wish the guy no ill will and am happy for him for being on the doorstep of a degree and getting a shot at post-grad work for free.

With the Broncos, it was the way they treated P. Lindsey. I just don't have any reason to care about a crappy team that I used to follow but doesn't resemble any of the traits I used to respect and applaud.

Losing Broussard, Gonzales, Blackmon, Rice, and Perry (and more to come, no doubt), I just don't really know what I'm rooting for. A logo? A cool logo, definitely.

I do love Ralphie and want to see her grow into an imposing stampeding buffalo. I loved her first run. I did love being at both Orange Bowls (second one quite a bit more). I did love hanging at the Fiesta Bowl win over (again) ND--that was super, super sweet. I LOVED 62-35!! I loved the 2016 season. I loved beating NEB every time!!! And the Miracle in MICH (except I was so drunk I was running into walls in my apt in LA).

All of that seems so far away, and with the NIL and Portal, even further away than it has been.

62-36

I like Penry...so loss of Rice was not great. I like Woods..so Perry to me not a big hit. Gonzo had moments..but can be replaced. Broussard was special...no other back had his skull set and vision.

Sad day in Buff land...

Back