What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'19 CO QB Ty Evans (Signed to NC State)

If he continues to stay solidly with CU, I am not so sure he sees that 4* bump. Seems like kids that effectively shutdown their recruitment early, don't get the typical benefit of future reviews by the recruiting experts.

I think if he continues to impress at QB events this summer that he will be a 4*. I'm actually shocked that ESPN doesn't have him at 4*. They've rated some CO prep QBs 4* who didn't deserve it.

If he continues to stay solidly with CU, I am not so sure he sees that 4* bump. Seems like kids that effectively shutdown their recruitment early, don't get the typical benefit of future reviews by the recruiting experts.
That sucks. We are currently 3rd in the PAC12 on Rivals...an extra star would really help...I'd love to see us finish in the top half for the first time ever.

His offer sheet is slightly inflated because of the Arkansas and South Carolina coaches moving around so that may be a factor. Summer camps will be his best chance to seperate himself and advance. Is there a realistic chance we see him as a 5*?

His offer sheet is slightly inflated because of the Arkansas and South Carolina coaches moving around so that may be a factor. Summer camps will be his best chance to seperate himself and advance. Is there a realistic chance we see him as a 5*?
Yeah, this was my thought as well. Not sure he still holds South Carolina, Arky or Michigan offers, but there are still some solid names in the mix, including Jimbo Fisher at A&M.

It would surprise me greatly if Ty doesn't get moved up to a 4* by most sites before the process is done. But, they won't rate him a 5*. I am sure that some of the recruiting sites are hesitating because they are comparing him to recent past 4* QB's from Colorado who aren't exactly shooting stars on their college teams.

And that pesky Alabama offer.
He most likely wouldn't have that offer if Dan Enos wasn't there, though. He was the one who offered him at Arkansas before he moved on the Michigan for a very brief time, and then offered when he got to Bama. Not even sure the Bama offer is commitable at this point, and haven't seen Arkansas or Michigan re-offer. Just my thoughts; probably wrong per usual.

He most likely wouldn't have that offer if Dan Enos wasn't there, though. He was the one who offered him at Arkansas before he moved on the Michigan for a very brief time, and then offered when he got to Bama. Not even sure the Bama offer is commitable at this point, and haven't seen Arkansas or Michigan re-offer. Just my thoughts; probably wrong per usual.
You got that right (y)

Just wanted to report a few things I know based on the speculation: Michigan has told Ty that their offer still stands even though Enos has moved on. Not sure about Arkansas but don't know if it matters and same with South Carolina. Doubt the Alabama offer is committable considering they have their two QBs for this cycle. Evans is done with summer QB events besides the Elite 11 (if he makes it to the finals).

Back