What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'19 CO QB Ty Evans (Signed to NC State)

Who gives Ty his fourth star first?
viersterrenkopie.png

Last edited:
So weird that ESPN updated their database a bit today and Luke McCaffrey was bumped all the way to the #8 DTQB (#149 overall) in the nation (4*) after previously being unranked while Evans hasn’t been upgraded at all yet. If ESPN had Luke listed as an ATH then whatever but it appears that only his Nebraska offer is at QB :/

So weird that ESPN updated their database a bit today and Luke McCaffrey was bumped all the way to the #8 DTQB (#149 overall) in the nation (4*) after previously being unranked while Evans hasn’t been upgraded at all yet. If ESPN had Luke listed as an ATH then whatever but it appears that only his Nebraska offer is at QB :/

The McCaffery Effect

ESPN can say what they want, I'd take Evans over McCaffery any day. I dont really think ESPN is the best site to gauge prospects rankings, Rivals and 247 are much better indications.

ESPN can say what they want, I'd take Evans over McCaffery any day. I dont really think ESPN is the best site to gauge prospects rankings, Rivals and 247 are much better indications.

It’s ESPN. They just throw darts at the east and west coast to determine the champions in all sports. They’re like 14 year old girls who just follow the hype and big names.

I’ve watched every game Luke has played in, and he has potential to be a big time player. He has to prove he can throw the ball at the college level. He could be a Darian Hagan type QB. Nebraska could be the perfect place for him.

I’d like to see him at “Buff Back” at CU (just kidding). I’ll have to wait and see how he grows this year (both in play and in size) before I have an opinion on what position he should play in college. As a true QB, I’d take Ty Evans over Luke right now.

Last edited:
I’ve watched every game Luke has played in, and he has potential to be a big time player. He can't and won't ever be able to throw the ball at the college level. He could be a Darien Haigan type QB. Nebraska could be the perfect place for him.
I’d like to see him at “Buff Back” at CU (just kidding). I’ll have to wait and see how he grows this year (both in play and in size) before I have an opinion on what position he should play in college. As a true QB, I’d take Ty Evans over Luke right now.

Fixed.

nubs? the mccaffreys are slowly moving into the same hole I keep the nubs in with each kid they turn out of HS.
Well, I don’t think we recruited Max. At least not hard. I can’t blame Christian for going to Stanford, his parent’s Alma mater. Dylan bugged me because we recruited him hard and had a legit shot. As for Luke, we have our QB so I can’t imagine we’d be recruiting him as a QB. Ed has said many nice things about Coach Mac so I don’t think he’s anti Buffalos at all.

I've tweeted this and probably mentioned it on AB, but I want to post it again.

I believe Ty Evans is the best QB prospect the state of Colorado has ever produced.

I've been trying not to over hype despite my feelings about that, but wanted to make it clear that I think we have landed an absolute star in Evans.

We need to be patient, though. Montez could be here in 2019 if he doesn't blow up and turn pro early. And with Noyer's experience, Lytle's poised accuracy, and Stenstrom's polished skills it is going to be very hard for a QB to win the job as a true freshman. He will enroll early and compete for the job next spring, but he could very well end up redshirting. I think that redshirt is a virtual lock if Montez is back for his senior year.

Here is a bold prediction.

When we look back in five years, everyone will agree that Ty Evans was be the best quarterback to come out of Colorado high school preps......EVER....

I watched some of his games this year and the kid is that good....oh and yes, I have seen other good QB's, in fact I've seen all of them. Not a one of them is worth of being this guys water boy. Some of you are looking for a unicorn....well boys and girls, Ty should be it.
Just a reminder that @Buffnik isn't the only one to think that about Ty...in fact, I am waiting for @Buffnik's attorney to offer a settlement for stealing my analytical thunder. $$$$$
Whether Ty redshirts or not will be interesting, but just as importantly for us Buff fans, is I think CU will have multiple guys at the QB position that could be starters at other P5 programs...and its been a long time since we could say that.

Just a reminder that @Buffnik isn't the only one to think that about Ty...in fact, I am waiting for @Buffnik's attorney to offer a settlement for stealing my analytical thunder. $$$$$
Whether Ty redshirts or not will be interesting, but just as importantly for us Buff fans, is I think CU will have multiple guys at the QB position that could be starters at other P5 programs...and its been a long time since we could say that.

I think this could be the best group of QBs at the school ever, and could be even better with the 2020 signee.

The ‘94 team had Stewart, Joseph, Detmer, and Hessler. That was a pretty good bunch, but you may be right about this group. QB recruiting came unraveled after that, iirc - thanks, Slick Rick.
I'm wondering who you think recruited all those guys.

You should be prostrating yourself at Nik's feet, thanking him for allowing you to bask in the presence of his immense cred.

I've tweeted this and probably mentioned it on AB, but I want to post it again.

I believe Ty Evans is the best QB prospect the state of Colorado has ever produced.

I've been trying not to over hype despite my feelings about that, but wanted to make it clear that I think we have landed an absolute star in Evans.

We need to be patient, though. Montez could be here in 2019 if he doesn't blow up and turn pro early. And with Noyer's experience, Lytle's poised accuracy, and Stenstrom's polished skills it is going to be very hard for a QB to win the job as a true freshman. He will enroll early and compete for the job next spring, but he could very well end up redshirting. I think that redshirt is a virtual lock if Montez is back for his senior year.
Easy there, killer...

Back