What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'20 TNFR SDE Antonio Alfano (SIGNED and ENROLLED with COLORADO)

And oh by the way, the NCAA should clear him to play immediately based on his situation if he can overcome his medical stuff.

It would actually be best right now for him to sit this season to get his condition stable and controlled. The last thing you want is to think you have it controlled only to have a single hit on the field trigger a relapse or cause permanent damage.

It would actually be best right now for him to sit this season to get his condition stable and controlled. The last thing you want is to think you have it controlled only to have a single hit on the field trigger a relapse or cause permanent damage.
I agree he probably should sit, but I was also thinking about just clearing that hurdle off the table so he can not worry about that.

Epilepsy is such a difficult thing to deal with, from what I’ve read. It isn’t a good sign if they aren’t getting a handle on it with the more conventional treatments. On the other hand, he could not be in better hands than the CU health system.

CU Health Sciences Epilepsy Program

Last edited:
I have no inside info, but I can tell you, as someone who has a seizure disorder, that it can take months to find the correct medication and levels, and even when you find the right meds and levels, it can take weeks after that to adjust to the meds and start to feel somewhat 'normal' again.

I have no inside info, but I can tell you, as someone who has a seizure disorder, that it can take months to find the correct medication and levels, and even when you find the right meds and levels, it can take weeks after that to adjust to the meds and start to feel somewhat 'normal' again.

All the best to you man. I had a seizure in 85,90,95 and 97. I haven't had one in 23 years. When I had the one in the military in 90, they said it was hypoglycemia. Other doctors said no. I think too much drinking and poor diet was a big factor. I can't explain it.

All the best to you man. I had a seizure in 85,90,95 and 97. I haven't had one in 23 years. When I had the one in the military in 90, they said it was hypoglycemia. Other doctors said no. I think too much drinking and poor diet was a big factor. I can't explain it.

Thanks.

I'm good now. I have my meds lined up apparently, I haven't had one in 9+ years.

The summer of 2004 through fall of 2005 was really ****ty though.

Probably drinking and diet, I had one once. Things were pretty ****ed up at the time. Did you wake up feeling like your legs were just spent? Mine felt like rubber.

Honestly, this is something I believe Adam and/or Howell need to ask Dorrell about in their next press conference, since Antonio made it public. He has presumably been reinstated to the CU football team, which Dorrell is 100% accountable for.
I agree the question should be asked, but at the same time it puts KD in a very difficult position.

If he disputes Alfano's claims and states that CU has been trying to help AA, it does nothing but make a kid look bad and I don't believe that is in KD's interest or personality. If it is true, he is throwing the AD under the bus and most likely it is not something that KD even has control over.

Honestly, this is something I believe Adam and/or Howell need to ask Dorrell about in their next press conference, since Antonio made it public. He has presumably been reinstated to the CU football team, which Dorrell is 100% accountable for.
I am not one of those who has called for pay for players or other types of increased benefits.

Considering that these kids come in and put their health on the line so the school can get publicity and huge revenues and they are restricted from getting assistance from other sources the schools have an obligation to all student athletes to provide quality health and medical care.

In this situation it isn't for a lack of resources. The athletic department has access to some of the most advanced medical care in the world without leaving the University of Colorado system.

Get the appointments made, provide transportation to Aurora, and get this guy in to see the people he needs to see and the tests he needs to take to figure out what is going on and start a treatment program. That honestly is the least we should be doing.

That’s a question that’s gets asked in private with the caveat that it will be asked (sooner or later) in public. The optics on this are terrible and Adam or Howell would be putting themselves into a situation where their access to the program would be severely compromised if they didn’t do as noted.

Back