What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2013-14 Coaching Carousel Thread

Curious why Snyder thinks bringing in RGIII's college coach will do the trick. Worked SO well with the Spurrier/Wuerffel experiment a few years back.
That said, would be more than happy to see Briles leave so **** Bailer fades into oblivion.

Wuerffel was the perfect Spurrier "system QB'. Could he even throw the ball longer than 30 yds? Talk about no talent. And Spurrier was no pro level coach. His schtick wore real thin, real quick when dealing with men who made a whole lot more than he did!

Brow-beating 18-20 yr. olds is much more Spurrier's style.

My issue with RG3 is that he's immature. Everyone in the media talks him up as a mature young guy with great leadership skills. But what puts the lie to that is the fact that his daddy steps in and confronts the coach and management.

Anyone here ever had your daddy go talk to your boss for you? Didn't think so.

Yeah, I did speak to my kid's coachs on a couple of occasions, when the coachs were flat out pig-headed. One I couldn't convince and he eventually disappeared from coaching. The other coach took a bit of my advice and ran off an 13 game unbeaten string, losing only in the State play-off semis, to an unbelievably talented squad (oppo sent 8 players to D-1 schools---our team had three such players.)

When you're dealing with an ego as HUGE as Shanny's, having Dad intervene ain't nothing to be ashamed of. Especially when Shanny shows he's willing to get RGIII killed career-wise, for a couple of job-saving wins! Shanny's a shameless legend in his own mind, who fails to understand the concept of "defense" and will do anything to get his kid promoted, at the expense of RGIII. Counter nepotism is called for then.

Yeah, I did speak to my kid's coachs on a couple of occasions, when the coachs were flat out pig-headed. One I couldn't convince and he eventually disappeared from coaching. The other coach took a bit of my advice and ran off an 13 game unbeaten string, losing only in the State play-off semis, to an unbelievably talented squad (oppo sent 8 players to D-1 schools---our team had three such players.)

When you're dealing with an ego as HUGE as Shanny's, having Dad intervene ain't nothing to be ashamed of. Especially when Shanny shows he's willing to get RGIII killed career-wise, for a couple of job-saving wins! Shanny's a shameless legend in his own mind, who fails to understand the concept of "defense" and will do anything to get his kid promoted, at the expense of RGIII. Counter nepotism is called for then.

It's the NFL. It's a job. It's not amateur sports played by minors, like you're talking about.

Doesn't RG3 have an agent making a chunk of change to represent him professionally?

Boise is bringing back Koetter.

Probably the best choice.

I think the problem for Boise State is that they lost their AD to that NCAA infraction scandal. Not sure it's the same place that it was.

Probably the best choice.

I think the problem for Boise State is that they lost their AD to that NCAA infraction scandal. Not sure it's the same place that it was.

You also have to wonder when the Boise administration decides to give up chasing the golden ring of a major conference. They have a very small local media market and their conference affiliation pays them peanuts for media rights. If I'm not mistaken the payouts for MWC teams are between 2.5 and 3.5 million a year. Their stadium seats what? 40k. Yet they are trying to run a top 20 type program so the unversity has to be subsidising the athletic program huge amounts of money. CSU in the MWC is subsidizing by about $15 million a year and has a much smaller budget.

Their plan was to spend the money, build the stadium, win a lot of games, and force their way into a BCS conference. It is becoming clearer each year that they aren't going to get that BCS invitation and the money that comes with it anytime soon. How long to the school turns down the tap.

You also have to wonder when the Boise administration decides to give up chasing the golden ring of a major conference. They have a very small local media market and their conference affiliation pays them peanuts for media rights. If I'm not mistaken the payouts for MWC teams are between 2.5 and 3.5 million a year. Their stadium seats what? 40k. Yet they are trying to run a top 20 type program so the unversity has to be subsidising the athletic program huge amounts of money. CSU in the MWC is subsidizing by about $15 million a year and has a much smaller budget.

Their plan was to spend the money, build the stadium, win a lot of games, and force their way into a BCS conference. It is becoming clearer each year that they aren't going to get that BCS invitation and the money that comes with it anytime soon. How long to the school turns down the tap.

Yeah. And Boise is struggling economically right now. Very high unemployment.

Well, apparently I missed it when RG3's Dad called up the coach for being mean to his kid... :lol: Clearly he has some things to overcome. Can't be having your Dad call up the HC on your behalf.

My issue with RG3 is that he's immature. Everyone in the media talks him up as a mature young guy with great leadership skills. But what puts the lie to that is the fact that his daddy steps in and confronts the coach and management.

Marcus Houston?

Wuerffel was the perfect Spurrier "system QB'. Could he even throw the ball longer than 30 yds? Talk about no talent. And Spurrier was no pro level coach. His schtick wore real thin, real quick when dealing with men who made a whole lot more than he did!

Brow-beating 18-20 yr. olds is much more Spurrier's style.

Rick Petino had the same problems in the nba.

Spurrier's, system, as critical as you are of it produced a national championship and a Heisman winner. He dominated the SEC back then because he also absorbed the lions share of the regions talent (right now Alabama is doing that). When your loaded to the gills at every position its a lot easier to win. He's made great strides at South Carolina.

I had a buddy who scheduled a conference call with his wife's sales manager and took the guy to the mat (verbally speaking). I told him it was a bad idea, but he didn't want to hear it. It didn't end well, as one would imagine.

Rick Petino had the same problems in the nba.

Spurrier's, system, as critical as you are of it produced a national championship and a Heisman winner. He dominated the SEC back then because he also absorbed the lions share of the regions talent (right now Alabama is doing that). When your loaded to the gills at every position its a lot easier to win. He's made great strides at South Carolina.

It didn't hurt that the Spurrier had Stoops as his dc.

It's the NFL. It's a job. It's not amateur sports played by minors, like you're talking about.

Doesn't RG3 have an agent making a chunk of change to represent him professionally?

Exactly, daddy needs to back off of his concern for his reverse inheritance and let RG III and his agent handle this.

They were so lucky to have you!

Semper Gumby

Dad and Shanny aside, RG3 needs to grow up a little. He's the leader of men now, not boys. Every win is the teams win, every loss is your loss. Let your teammates compliment you, I don't see alot of that.

ShaggyBevo blowing up right now. Reports of Mack Brown stepping down today or tomorrow, and that witnesses have heard Nick Saban paged on the PA system at Austin International Airport

ShaggyBevo blowing up right now. Reports of Mack Brown stepping down today or tomorrow, and that witnesses have heard Nick Saban paged on the PA system at Austin International Airport

The voices in their heads do not count.

Hawaii's DC AND LB coaches dismissed. Every Buff fan knows what would be the best course of action from here.

Hawaii's DC AND LB coaches dismissed. Every Buff fan knows what would be the best course of action from here.

Keep firing assistants and all is good?

Seriously - it's about the best UH can do. Given his many years on the mainland, I'm sure Chow learned something about signing contracts and ensuring there's a golden parachute to be had if he gets fired. No way can UH afford a buyout of any head coach's contract. They struck lightning in a bottle with June Jones and it's going to take long time for them to do it again.

Keep firing assistants and all is good?

Seriously - it's about the best UH can do. Given his many years on the mainland, I'm sure Chow learned something about signing contracts and ensuring there's a golden parachute to be had if he gets fired. No way can UH afford a buyout of any head coach's contract. They struck lightning in a bottle with June Jones and it's going to take long time for them to do it again.

That was actually me stumping for island Buff legend Brian Cabral to come home.

Indiana State went 1-11. Cabral's D defense didn't fare well either

Looks like a tough FCS conference with the Dakota schools being in there. They took some lumps. I would be calling Norm Chow and saying what's up. Mike Sanford only captains sinking ships, and ISU may be a repeat of his UNLV days.

"didn't fare well" is an understatement. They were consistently manhandled every game of the season from what I recall. That is some interesting news about UH dropping their DC/LB coach. I don't know if there is a connection but Chow and Cabral both have Punahou ties. It would make a lot of sense for both of them. Cabral must want to come home, too, but I don't see him as the type to leave a job unsettled.

Back