What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2013-14 Coaching Carousel Thread

"didn't fare well" is an understatement. They were consistently manhandled every game of the season from what I recall. That is some interesting news about UH dropping their DC/LB coach. I don't know if there is a connection but Chow and Cabral both have Punahou ties. It would make a lot of sense for both of them. Cabral must want to come home, too, but I don't see him as the type to leave a job unsettled.

Uhhh, Cabral is a St. Louis alum.

Florida Atlantic: Pelini resigned Names: Jeff Brohm
USC: Kiffin Fired Replacement: Steve Sarkisian
UConn: Paul Pasqualoni fired
Miami (oh): Don Treadwell fired Replacement: the ND OC, forget his name (Chuck Martin?)
Wyoming: Dave Christensen fired Replacement: Craig Bohl from NDSU
Wake Forest: Jim Grobe retires, Replacement: Dave Clawson former Bowling Green HC

Secondary market:

UW: Sark to $C Bringing in Boise Pete
BoiseSt.: Petey to UW, Replacement: Bryan Harsin, former Boise OC and Ark. St. HC
Bowling Green: Clawson to Wake

And the big swinging dick, a legend in their own mind, UTerus is ready to jump on the carousel, and throw it completely off balance, like a mutant cow on a see-saw, maybe dragging Bama on for an unwanted ride.

EDIT: Some reports saying the Houston Texans are making a play for Saban, and his agent, Jimmy Sexton is using it as leverage to get Bevo to bend over a little farther....stay tuned.

Last edited:
Florida Atlantic: Pelini resigned Replacement: Charlie Partridge
USC: Kiffin Fired Replacement: Steve Sarkisian
UConn: Paul Pasqualoni fired Replacement: Bob Diaco, former ND DC
Miami (oh): Don Treadwell fired Replacement: the ND OC, forget his name (Chuck Martin?)
Wyoming: Dave Christensen fired Replacement: Craig Bohl from NDSU
Wake Forest: Jim Grobe retires, Replacement: Dave Clawson former Bowling Green HC
Army: Rich Ellerson fired
UT: Mack Brown resigned

Secondary market:

UW: Sark to $C Bringing in Boise Pete
BoiseSt.: Petey to UW, Replacement: Bryan Harsin, former Boise OC and Ark. St. HC
Bowling Green: Clawson to Wake

So Army, UT and Bowling Green remain in play.....

Diaco to UConn is a good move for UConn.

And Cabral has the same ties to Punahou that Darth does. Or close. Similar in a weird way. They both went to high school in Honolulu, so they must be somehow connected to Punahou, right?

Diaco to UConn is a good move for UConn.

And Cabral has the same ties to Punahou that Darth does. Or close. Similar in a weird way. They both went to high school in Honolulu, so they must be somehow connected to Punahou, right?

Diaco to Uconn is huge for the Huskies. That program was left for dead.

So can Diaco make more progress in year one rebuilding UCONN than MikMac in year two at CU?

I am a UCONN fan and I'd say he will make pretty quick improvement as their talent level is not that bad as compared to the schools they will play. I.E., they don't play the schedule we have to play in the PAC12. They can win 6 games pretty easy. Can he get them to the point where they wouldn't get blown out vs UCLA/Stanford/USC/Oregon anytime soon?

There's also nobody to compete against in the NE region. BC is struggling. Syracuse same. Rutgers going the wrong way....

I am a UCONN fan and I'd say he will make pretty quick improvement as their talent level is not that bad as compared to the schools they will play. I.E., they don't play the schedule we have to play in the PAC12. They can win 6 games pretty easy. Can he get them to the point where they wouldn't get blown out vs UCLA/Stanford/USC/Oregon anytime soon?

There's also nobody to compete against in the NE region. BC is struggling. Syracuse same. Rutgers going the wrong way....

So what are CU's prospects against UCONN next year?

Chris Petersen hired Brent Pease to become the OC at Washington, I'm guessing he didn't watch any Florida games for past couple of years. One the worst offense in FBS.

Graham to the AZ Republic: “We’re committed to be here to build a top-five national power. I’m not talking to anybody, I’m not going to talk to anybody. That’s what we’re doing.”

I'm sure he never said anything like that to Pitt.

Graham to the AZ Republic: “We’re committed to be here to build a top-five national power. I’m not talking to anybody, I’m not going to talk to anybody. That’s what we’re doing.”

I'm sure he never said anything like that to Pitt.

ASU is his special girl.

Honestly, he would be dumb to leave. ASU can be a national power, and has pretty much everything he needs without the outlandish expectations and microscopic scrutiny that comes with Tejas.

Honestly, he would be dumb to leave. ASU can be a national power, and has pretty much everything he needs without the outlandish expectations and microscopic scrutiny that comes with Tejas.

moot point as i believe patterson has some kind of non-compete clause...can't hire anyone from asu for x number of years

No way that cray-cray uniform business flies at Texas. He'll get the recruits who think that's important, which anymore is most of them.

Back