What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2013-14 Coaching Carousel Thread

Is the LHN an albatross around UT's neck in regards to their HC search? It sounded like Mack didn't like the extra demands it placed on him. Boo hoo if it did/does, **** Texas and while we're at it, **** bailor!

Is the LHN an albatross around UT's neck in regards to their HC search? It sounded like Mack didn't like the extra demands it placed on him. Boo hoo if it did/does, **** Texas and while we're at it, **** bailor!

It's not just the LHN, it's everything that goes with being the ball coach at UT. If Joe Jamail, Red McCombs, or one of a dozen wrinkly old white guys say jump, you ask how high.

Mike Norvell is staying at All Strippers University, and has added the title, wait for it, Deputy Head Coach, to his nameplate.:rofl:

If by albatross, you mean $11M bag o' cash per year, then yes. The LHN was a cluster **** but I don't think it has much bearing on who they get as a coach.

Mike Sanford Jr. to Boise as OC. Responsibilities at Stanford included ace recruiting and wide receivers. Buff nation, please tell me the panic attack I'm beginning to have is unwarranted. #pleasenotwalters

TexasFinalJ.jpg

One name I'm surprised we haven't heard more of this year is Tim DeRuyter. Maybe it's because of what jobs were available. But last year he was talked about a lot but the knock was he hadn't been at Fresno State long enough to prove himself. I would have thought that this season would have vaulted him to a bigger job.

One name I'm surprised we haven't heard more of this year is Tim DeRuyter. Maybe it's because of what jobs were available. But last year he was talked about a lot but the knock was he hadn't been at Fresno State long enough to prove himself. I would have thought that this season would have vaulted him to a bigger job.

I can see how at this stage they think taking someone from a non-BCS conference would be below them. It's a huge step down from Saban to a coach in the MWC.

Once they get turned down by enough people on their A list they might be glad to spin it that he was who they wanted but for right now they expect to take someone who is coaching a BCS school that is ranked in the top 25.

I can see how at this stage they think taking someone from a non-BCS conference would be below them. It's a huge step down from Saban to a coach in the MWC.

Once they get turned down by enough people on their A list they might be glad to spin it that he was who they wanted but for right now they expect to take someone who is coaching a BCS school that is ranked in the top 25.

I didn't mean UT, but in general. I don't remember seeing DeRuyter as a candidate for any of the jobs.

Utah hired former Wyoming HC Dave Christensen as OC

Last edited:
What? So da yoots now have three OC? Dennis the Menace Erickson, Brian Johnson and Dave "**** you flyboy" Christensen?

Apparently Christensen will be the OC, Erickson will coach RBs, and Johnson will coach the Qbs

Last edited:
Apparently Christensen will be the OC, Erickson will coach RBs, and Johnson will coach the Qbs

Whittingham must have some huge buyout on his contract if Utah is bringing in all these name offensive guys (and 2 former HCs at that) while Whittingham continues to meddle around.

This does not bode well for the CU defense.

I disagree. They're fixing something that wasn't broke. Erickson did a great job for them this year. Now it's heading into "too many cooks in the kitchen" territory.

I disagree. They're fixing something that wasn't broke. Erickson did a great job for them this year. Now it's heading into "too many cooks in the kitchen" territory.

I bet the real problem with Utah is that they expect to have the same success in the Pac-12 as they did in the Mountain West.

Florida Atlantic: Pelini resigned Replacement: Charlie Partridge
USC: Kiffin Fired Replacement: Steve Sarkisian
UConn: Paul Pasqualoni fired Replacement: Bob Diaco, former ND DC
Miami (oh): Don Treadwell fired Replacement: the ND OC, forget his name (Chuck Martin?)
Wyoming: Dave Christensen fired Replacement: Craig Bohl from NDSU
Wake Forest: Jim Grobe retires, Replacement: Dave Clawson former Bowling Green HC
Army: Rich Ellerson fired Jeff Monken, Ga. St. Fmr. HC
UT: Mack Brown resigned

Secondary market:

UW: Sark to $C Bringing in Boise Pete
BoiseSt.: Petey to UW, Replacement: Bryan Harsin, former Boise OC and Ark. St. HC
Bowling Green: Clawson to Wake Replacemetn Dino Babers, fmr. ECU HC

The UT HC coaching cluster continues.....

Oh, and Bill O'Brien reworked his first contract at Perv St. reducing his buyout if he leaves for a NFL team from $19M to $6.5M, now is seeking a further reduction...IMO he wants out.

Last edited:

Yes, the current Virginia Cavaliers model.

I'm still concerned because Mizzou 07/08.

Florida Atlantic: Pelini resigned Replacement: Charlie Partridge
USC: Kiffin Fired Replacement: Steve Sarkisian
UConn: Paul Pasqualoni fired Replacement: Bob Diaco, former ND DC
Miami (oh): Don Treadwell fired Replacement: the ND OC, forget his name (Chuck Martin?)
Wyoming: Dave Christensen fired Replacement: Craig Bohl from NDSU
Wake Forest: Jim Grobe retires, Replacement: Dave Clawson former Bowling Green HC
Army: Rich Ellerson fired Jeff Monken, Ga. St. Fmr. HC
UT: Mack Brown resigned

Secondary market:

UW: Sark to $C Bringing in Boise Pete
BoiseSt.: Petey to UW, Replacement: Bryan Harsin, former Boise OC and Ark. St. HC
Bowling Green: Clawson to Wake Replacemetn Dino Babers, fmr. ECU HC

The UT HC coaching cluster continues.....

Oh, and Bill O'Brien reworked his first contract at Perv St. reducing his buyout if he leaves for a NFL team from $19M to $6.5M, now is seeking a further reduction...IMO he wants out.
Why would Penn State make it easier for him to leave? The only thing I can think of is if they don't want him if his heart isn't in it. Do they really want to deal with this circus every year (will he or won't he go?). He's not exactly Pete Carroll (atleast yet) in terms of it being worth it IMO.

Erickson demoted to rb coach. How much longer does he stick around?
As long as he wants to stay, I believe. I don't think he's getting too many job offers due to his age. I think he's basically there because he doesn't want to sit on his bum and do nothing. Must be a bit awkward to go from winning national titles at Miami to being an assistant in SLC.

Good / bad choice?

He used to work for Paul Johnson(Ga Tech/Navy),so I guess they are going to try and keep fighting fire w/fire(beating Navy at their own game).He's 38-16 as HC so he's won more than he's lost,FWIW.I thought Grobe would've been a good fit,but I'm positive the powers at be know more than I do about whats best for USMA.

Back