What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2013 Official Uniform Thread.

So we have officially fallen behind Wyoming and Old Dominion in uniform innovation. Really curious what they will come up with for CU next year.

Well I am going to disagree with some of the opinions earlier in the thread. I don't think the uniform craze is a fad or trend, I think it is here to stay. I think it is a reflection of our cultural values in general. I don't think it hurts branding because you have the school name sitting there at the bottom of the screen burning a word association into your brain for three hours. As designs get more sophisticated and sales increase so will demand for newer unique designs. Obviously some will be better than others as we already can see, but design as a whole is like that. You may have some holdouts like Penn St and Alabama, but that will become their schicht "We don't change our uniform, blah blah tradition, not changing etc." If anyone needs an update it's Alabama, boring shouldn't be a schicht.

It will be interesting to see how this eventually influences the NFL. One of the best at marketing their product. Uniform changes play against their branding a bit and might cause some friction with fans. Eventually I see them folding as well when the colleges as a whole simply look more progressive and interesting on the field. The NFL can't have that. Making money always helps influence direction as well.

Iowa State wearing these next weekend vs. Iowa:

SUQZKXEZARBOXHW.20130805131555.jpg

I for one, still dig our unis. I've been waiting a long time to have this particular style back. I've seen way more badness that can happen with the uni craze - witness most of the unis on this particular board (ISU).

I thought ASU's unis looked pretty good last night considering their school colors are awful.

Some day, we'll look back on these uniforms the way we do some of the baseball unis from the 70s.

houstonastros.jpg
pittsburghpirates.jpg
whitesoxshorts.jpg
sandiegopadres.jpg

Either way it doesn't really add to the 'baseball players are just as athletic as football and basketball players' argument.

I'm probably in the fading minority but I still prefer the traditional uniforms for all schools, not just us.

I'm probably in the fading minority but I still prefer the traditional uniforms for all schools, not just us.

I absolutely love our uniforms, but I think it is time for an update. I don't want us to go full Oregon and have crazy stupid uniforms, but a uniform update/modernization is needed I think and it is coming. Next season should have the debut of our new uniforms. The UCLA uniform to me is very Hollywood and very LA so it fits them, that's why I like it.

I'm a fan of UCLA's traditional colors (for them) and when the fit/fabric of uniforms made a leap this last decade, I though they benefited from the change. Modern cuts and materials coupled with the colors looked great.

Having said that, the new uniforms look really cool to me...but not for UCLA. They already had a great thing going, IMO.

Back