What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2015: Recruiting News, Notes & Official Visitors

I think it means he would be awesome at SJSU.

You're a dumbass, if boogie is a few inches taller he has an Oklahoma offer. I'll take an Oklahoma talent any day of the week, even if he's short.

Boogie was at Utah tonight, just for the game it wasn't a visit or anything

Hey bud, a DT at 5'10 is a legitimate concern

Are you thinking he is listed 2" taller and 15 pounds heavier than he actually is? Rivals lists him as 6' 295 lbs. While not ideal, there is at least potential to be 6' 315 and be an effective D lineman in the PAC12. I.E. Will Sutton a year or two back for ASU. We should not be giving scholarships out to D lineman that are shorter than the opposing teams RB and slot receiver.

So how many, if any, kids do we lose after going 2-10? I assume they are watching the games and realize we are a good team making too many mistakes in the best division in college football.

So how many, if any, kids do we lose after going 2-10? I assume they are watching the games and realize we are a good team making too many mistakes in the best division in college football.

I would worry about any 1 of our recruits who has other P5 offers and official visits left to use at this point. Mac and staff have to hold on to the good ones we have and improve the class on the back of a 3-10 1 pac12 win (come on Utah game) season. Going to be tough sledding but that is why they are paid the big bucks. If they can't deliver the staff changes we all hope for should happen. I'm not sure there will be any of those though. Can't tell yet.

I'm not sure why anyone would think a 6'0" 300 LB frosh DT is undersized.

They probably thought the ceiling was pretty low compared to other prospects. It is the difference between signing Jade Franke and Boogie Sewall.

Not quite, OU has height requirements unless the kid is a freak. Boogie is very good, but not a freak, hence no offer. Add 2-3 inches and he's a 4* no way around it, his tape is too good.

Not quite, OU has height requirements unless the kid is a freak. Boogie is very good, but not a freak, hence no offer. Add 2-3 inches and he's a 4* no way around it, his tape is too good.
You are just talking around everyone else now. Have fun.

If Chris Bounds had a 40 yard time that was 4.05 instead of 4.75, he'd be a 4*

Are we trying to argue that if our current commits were bigger, stronger, or faster, they'd have a higher rating? :thumbsup:

I bet Boogie Sewell is going to be a stud for us. He is the type of player we need to get until we can start going head to head with other Pac 12 schools for recruits. To do that we either need to start winning, which we are closer to doing or hire a top recruiter to sell our program better to the 4*s or both. Like a broken record "we need at least one more top recruiter". That might be all it takes for CU to RTD. Most everything else is in place.

Like it or not, we need Boogie to be better than expected. We will be depending on him to make plays.

I also remember Jeff Brunner. Dude was shorter than me, but started at NT for a team that played for a MNC.

I put this in NJ Falo's recruiting profile, but in case folks don't look at committed players that often:

NJ's team (Inderkum Tigers) is doing well - they are 9-1 for the season and 6-0 in league play.

Inderkum beat Rio Linda, on Oct. 31, by a score of 62-21.
NJ Falo's team won their most recent conference game Nov. 8, score 55 to 0.

Inderkum hosts its first playoff game this season, at home, Nov. 14th vs. Sacramento Valley. (Valley is 6-4 for the season.)

Colin Samuel (CB) from Long Beach Poly is a player to watch. Interest is starting to pick up and we have been in contact.

Colin Samuel (CB) from Long Beach Poly is a player to watch. Interest is starting to pick up and we have been in contact.

Kid has a pretty big frame for CB; if the coaches are looking to play a lot of press coverage, this guy seems like he'd be right in our wheelhouse.

Wondering about LB numbers. Are Hockaday and Sewall still both takes? If so, at least four freshmen come fall. Seems like a lot.

Wondering about LB numbers. Are Hockaday and Sewall still both takes? If so, at least four freshmen come fall. Seems like a lot.

True but we need a lot. LB is one of the weakest spots on the team.

The real question is how many of these guys are good enough to make a solid contribution in our future. Problem needs to be fixed but it needs to be fixed with quality not just quantity.

Any sense to how good these guys project to be?

Back