What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2015: Recruiting News, Notes & Official Visitors

Take it easy with this stuff, guys. I know it's tongue-in-cheek, but we're on the public board and don't want anyone to get the wrong impression. This isn't the way MacIntyre operates. He's actually gone the other way... allowing redshirts for upperclassman non-starters, bringing guys back after struggling with disciplinary issues, honoring all verbal commitments from a previous staff, etc.

Kyle Kearns decommitted from SMU earlier this week with that coaching change. I believe he's someone Lindgren has seen throw but I'm not sure if there would still be interest as our signing class heads to the home stretch.

Kyle Kearns decommitted from SMU earlier this week with that coaching change. I believe he's someone Lindgren has seen throw but I'm not sure if there would still be interest as our signing class heads to the home stretch.
No thanks

CU is not taking another QB this cycle. Plus I believe they saw him at a camp and decided to go in another direction this summer (Montez).

Take it easy with this stuff, guys. I know it's tongue-in-cheek, but we're on the public board and don't want anyone to get the wrong impression. This isn't the way MacIntyre operates. He's actually gone the other way... allowing redshirts for upperclassman non-starters, bringing guys back after struggling with disciplinary issues, honoring all verbal commitments from a previous staff, etc.

Note that I indicated that the scholly was still there if the kid wanted it. M2, unlike a lot of coaches isn't going to go back on a promise to a kid and I respect that.

At the same time there may be times when it is in the best interest of both the school and the kid for the kid to look in different directions. If a kid is recruited over it is fair to tell him that his chances of playing a lot just went way down. If he still wants to come and try then you have a competitor but if he doesn't and you help him find a different place that is the right fit he may not be totally happy but he will respect the honesty and the respect over time.

I would like to see about 3 GS from this class again. If HCMM wants to develop talent I'm all for it but not at the cost of getting in on some guys who can help us for 2015 and 2016.

I would like to see about 3 GS from this class again. If HCMM wants to develop talent I'm all for it but not at the cost of getting in on some guys who can help us for 2015 and 2016.
That would be ideal other than we only have around 9 spots available next year.

Yeah. Sorry for the joking. Mac is all class. Not cut from the - - - - - mold. He's a guy that will put what's best for the young man before himself. I truly believe that.

some needed studs up in Boulder today and tomorrow. How is the weather up there today? how is our beautiful campus looking? are the coeds wearing their short shorts around campus today?

we want pics

HCMM is doing a fantastic job shutting the borders for all the elite talent in the state. There isn't much in CO, but when there is we need to keep it here.

some needed studs up in Boulder today and tomorrow. How is the weather up there today? how is our beautiful campus looking? are the coeds wearing their short shorts around campus today?

we want pics

In the 50's all weekend. Sunny. Coeds will be studying for finals. Campus will be a little quiet this weekend most likely. Thats ok, Boulder is gorgeous around Christmas time.

In the 50's all weekend. Sunny. Coeds will be studying for finals. Campus will be a little quiet this weekend most likely. Thats ok, Boulder is gorgeous around Christmas time.
And limited wind with no moisture projected. About as good as you can get for a December weekend and proof that Boulder is a frigic, semi-arctic outpost for those coming from warmer climates.

And limited wind with no moisture projected. About as good as you can get for a December weekend and proof that Boulder is a frigic, semi-arctic outpost for those coming from warmer climates.

That's my problem with waiting until after the season is over to make the bulk of our visits. I remember kids from warmer climates showing up with coats and gloves in August. They wanted to go skiing.

Regarding the numbers issue: Now is the time to start culling the herd, so to speak. If we have guys with verbal commitments now that we'd just assume found other homes, it's best to let them do that now as opposed to cutting them loose a week before signing day. Now is also the time to "encourage" some of the kids on the roster to move along. Don't let them twist in the wind. If you're going to do it, do it now. Don't wait. Waiting is a bad deal for everybody.

MM isn't going to let go of any commits. He didn't have the heart to do that to Embree's last class, so how would he for guys he actually recruited?

It looks like there are some significant changes to this weekend's visitor list.

Premium $ on Rivals from Adam, but one visitor for this weekend is not here and a few guys we'd been expecting to visit but hadn't been officially reported anywhere.

24 hour rule for us, but I'll update the list tomorrow.

MM isn't going to let go of any commits. He didn't have the heart to do that to Embree's last class, so how would he for guys he actually recruited?

Didn't have the heart or didn't think it was a good idea?

I'm with 'Tini on this. I don't think the issue here is that MacIntyre is some pussy sentimentalist. I think the issue here is that MacIntyre has a philosophical difference of belief from slider & others.

So why is he going to "cut" commits now? Why is it a good idea now when it wasn't before?

Being recruited over happens all the time at P5 schools. It is an ugly side to the game. Just because HCMM hasn't had the opportunity to do it here yet, doesn't mean it won't happen. Have we told any high 3* to 4* recruits no because we are full already? I don't think so. The coaches are aggressively pursuing the crop of talent still available. Tells me that they are not sitting still with the class they have. Whether that means roster attrition or recruiting over guys remains to be seen, but you don't put weekends like this together if you don't have room or are not planning to make room for these kids.

Being recruited over happens all the time at P5 schools. It is an ugly side to the game. Just because HCMM hasn't had the opportunity to do it here yet, doesn't mean it won't happen. Have we told any high 3* to 4* recruits no because we are full already? I don't think so. The coaches are aggressively pursuing the crop of talent still available. Tells me that they are not sitting still with the class they have. Whether that means roster attrition or recruiting over guys remains to be seen, but you don't put weekends like this together if you don't have room or are not planning to make room for these kids.

Well that's nice and dandy but we still have 5 spots available. That's a nice argument... if we were actually full

They are aggressively pursuing more than 5 recruits. There are more than 5 here this weekend.

Ummmm... ok..................... You don't bring in visitors expecting every single one to commit. So the argument is that MM is going to start turning recruits loose because we have more visitors than spots available? LOL

Back