What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2015: Recruiting News, Notes & Official Visitors

Ummmm... ok..................... You don't bring in visitors expecting every single one to commit. So the argument is that MM is going to start turning recruits loose because we have more visitors than spots available? LOL

You bring them in because you want them to commit, you don't have to expect it. That is the point of bringing them on an official visit. He wants those 4 or 5 to commit on this trip. Will they? Who knows. But if the staff gets what they want we would be full after this weekend. We are pursuing too many other targets for it to seem like HCMM is ready to wrap up the class.

I understand you have this irrational hatred towards HCMM. Everything he does is not good enough in your eyes. I get it. We all get it. There has been no evidence to support your claim that he for certain WONT recruit over committed players.

He came in with a month to work on a class for a team that 1-11. He didn't let those players go because he probably felt that was as good as he was going to be able to do that year. I don't think it had anything to do with him being "too nice" to let them go.

But whatever, you are going to sell the same stupid narrative every opportunity that you can, just because you don't like him. I get it.

Last edited:
So why is he going to "cut" commits now? Why is it a good idea now when it wasn't before?

I don't know that we are or that it is a good idea to do so.

One of the guys who is in is Tafua, who is another 2-year mission. Some of the others visiting are already committed. I think there's a bit more wiggle room that we realize, but it's definitely on the edge and with less flexibility than we'd like.

I'm with Slider on this. Why would you start cutting recruits loose to make space until you actually have to? Cross that bridge when you get to it.

Worst of all worlds is cutting kids loose and then not getting any commits from the new set of kids. Plan D anyone?

I'm with Slider on this. Why would you start cutting recruits loose to make space until you actually have to? Cross that bridge when you get to it.

Worst of all worlds is cutting kids loose and then not getting any commits from the new set of kids. Plan D anyone?

That is not what Slider has been saying. He doesn't think HCMM has the balls to pull a kids offer if we get a commit from someone else. Although there has been no situation or evidence to support that stance.

Glad we understand eachother.

Ya ok buddy. I've literally not seen anything to suggest MM is willing to cut ties with any commits. Quite the opposite actually. When MM cuts one of our commits before NSD, I'll send you $100 (not including Tuiloma or academics related). In turn you can shower me with rep when it doesn't happen

No one is doing that.

Regarding the numbers issue: Now is the time to start culling the herd, so to speak. If we have guys with verbal commitments now that we'd just assume found other homes, it's best to let them do that now as opposed to cutting them loose a week before signing day. Now is also the time to "encourage" some of the kids on the roster to move along. Don't let them twist in the wind. If you're going to do it, do it now. Don't wait. Waiting is a bad deal for everybody.

There is no need, the numbers should be fine. Some guys will probably grey shirt.

That is not what Slider has been saying. He doesn't think HCMM has the balls to pull a kids offer if we get a commit from someone else. Although there has been no situation or evidence to support that stance.

Yeah, I get Slider's anti-MM slant but some of the discussion here seemed to go overboard (e.g. - start setting kids loose now). For Slider's no-balls rant, who cares? No reason to engage him in that debate.

Actually every year hes been here and at SJSU hes had a fair amount of attrition, weve oversigned on signing day every year hes been here.

HCMM is doing a fantastic job shutting the borders for all the elite talent in the state. There isn't much in CO, but when there is we need to keep it here.
Colorado HS football has gotten better by leaps and bounds in the last 20 years.

HCMM is doing a fantastic job shutting the borders for all the elite talent in the state. There isn't much in CO, but when there is we need to keep it here.

I wouldn't go that far (not saying he is doing bad). But plenty of elite talent is still leaving.

Sacky certainly did on the previous page.

What I meant by that is, Mac and his staff are not pulling offers from anyone right now on the HOPE that they land someone better. If a better player commits then they have a decision to make at that point.

I wouldn't go that far (not saying he is doing bad). But plenty of elite talent is still leaving.

:nod:

I think the fair thing to say is that the commitment to in-state recruiting is much higher now and that we are seeing it pay some dividends.

Flip Lee and Anderson and then we'll talk about closing the borders. The coaching change in stinkoln could help with that, we'll see.

Sorry if this has been answered but how many total scholarships do we have for this class? We already have 16 commits.

Sorry if this has been answered but how many total scholarships do we have for this class? We already have 16 commits.

Raw number of how many new players can be added to the 2015 roster is about 18. There's definitely some attrition we don't know about or the coaches wouldn't be bringing in over a half dozen visitors this week.

Insider info, ouija boards, and blind guesses aside - how certain can any here be about who is or isn't being recruited?

Sacky certainly did on the previous page.

I most certainly did not.

My point was that if we are going to go down that road, it's best to make those moves now, while the kids have some time to make other arrangements. I'm not advocating MM go one way or the other. I just don't want to be in a situation where we're telling a kid that his scholarship is no longer available a week prior to LOI day. It's best to do that now - IF we're going to do it at all.

Back