What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2016 CU News & Notes (Buff Stuff)

He is also the offensive coordinator and he is also the coach who installed the new stuff that Chev is teaching him. Seems pretty normal.
Especially when it comes to reads, check-downs, etc. This is the first confirmation that we are actually working on air-raid stuff, not just the vanilla last year stuff that we showed in last weekend's scrimmage.

Or we could just wait to see what happens in two weeks against CSU before whining about the offense. Right BJ?
WHAT? And break with every AB tradition in the books?
If Sefo went 14-17, hitting wide variety of passes to a number of check-down receivers in an obviously new "O" set of routes, the whine here about "showing the Lammies our dazzling new offense before the RMS" would be deafening!

AB = Whining! 'nuf said.

Agreed. I think our staff has been missing a QB coach for years (based on how little our QBs develop) so I'm really glad that Chev is providing some direction to the group. I'm sure BL is fine in the meeting room when things are being analyzed and discussed, but we have been needing a QB coach on the practice field for long time.

BL is excellent when it comes to sitting in the classroom and going over film or X's and O's. He's not the guy to give a kick in the ass or a chest bump, though. And we all need a kick in the ass or a chest bump sometimes.

https://www.periscope.tv/w/1ynJOzlbPpvGR
two spots available. Not getting Baham's scholly back this year. Thanks NCAA.

At this point, all the NCAA does with this ruling is to force one walk-on to pay for college out-of-pocked instead of CU being able to put a kid on scholarship for the year. Would change nothing about the roster. This doesn't do anyone any good.

I guess there's an outside chance that the coaches would add a transfer they'd redshirt this year and have join the team after camp, but in that case I'm not sure who would be harmed by having the scholarship available for that use. Not like CU is gaining a competitive advantage since Baham is not on scholarship here and will likely be on scholarship somewhere else.

They are actually down to 70 scholarship fb players now. Now if Karma would kick in some camp injuries too.

They've had several. But they did get a JUCO addition cleared academically, I read. They also lost a starting OL for felony stalking.

MacIntyre really complimented Kronshage today for being so much stronger this year.

I think the starting OL is settling in as Irwin-Kough-Kelley-Lynott-Kronshage. Haigler just isn't quite ready on weight or experience level to take the risk with him in the opener, I think.

Kronshage hadn't been focused enough on s&C. They lit a fire under him and perhaps he reacted.
Maybe had something to do with the old strength coach? Either way, scary to roll out a tackle in his first start for a rivalry game, especially when he is that skinny even if he is still strong.

Maybe had something to do with the old strength coach? Either way, scary to roll out a tackle in his first start for a rivalry game, especially when he is that skinny even if he is still strong.

Would not be Kronshage's first start. He started 6 games last season.

Ok. You quoted a post about Kronshage gaining strength. No biggee.
Yeah that maybe he got bigger with Wilson, but even if he didn't it seems better to put him out there than haigler who is really skinny. Sorry I worded that weird.

I would guess Wilson plus young competition were both a factor. Pride Up! The joke early on was that his girlfriend was too cute for a big ugly.

Haigler will start at some point this season.

I hope not. Only because he still needs another 30+ lbs in his britches. Also hoping Kronshage really is stronger and better, good enough to allow Haigler to develope another year. It sure sounds like Haigler has the tools to develope into a good one.

K - Is there some local HS recruits that we need to start watching this weekend? pretty sure HS ball is starting

K - Is there some local HS recruits that we need to start watching this weekend? pretty sure HS ball is starting
Zero Week is next week (25th-27th).

- Pomona vs Mullen on Friday night @ Mullen is probably the marquee game of in-state teams
- Valor hosts Saguaro (AZ) on Saturday... A LOT of talent on the field that day, including 4* DB KJ Jarrell, along with all the Valor kids, so those that have the means to get down south.

I hope not. Only because he still needs another 30+ lbs in his britches. Also hoping Kronshage really is stronger and better, good enough to allow Haigler to develope another year. It sure sounds like Haigler has the tools to develope into a good one.
Agreed, however, as much as he is being talked about by MM and what others are saying, I wouldn't doubt if he was the next man up at RT.

You mean the spot he was recruited for and the spot Auburn had him as 2nd string? No way. Unpossible...

How much better would things have gone last season if Bernardi would have had Callahan ready to go at LT after Irwin went down while also developing Huckins as the full-time RG instead of having he and Callahan platoon there?

Yes, there were injuries on the OL last season. But I thought the biggest issue was a coaching issue. The OL was unprepared for Hawaii and players were playing out of position. Lisella is at OT while Callahan is at OG? Really?

Lisella is at guard now. Where he should have been all along. Not long enough for tackle.

Love it! A couple years back I came across a BDC Sports section from the Friday before the CU-KU game in 1961. (My grandfather had used it to line a drawer in an old chest.) They listed the height and weight for the starters and the biggest OL on either side, was 6'3" 225 lbs. How things have changed !

Back