What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2016 CU News & Notes (Buff Stuff)

The team I saw today is terrible, with the exception of 12-15 players who are legitimate PAC 12 players. The offense is going to be poor. No way does this team win more than 2 PAC games, meaning 4-8 is the upside. Even worse, without Tupou, Kafovalu, Carrell, Thompson, Awuzie in 2017, this team will be god awful on defense in 2017.

The sooner CU gets MacIntyre out as head coach, the better.
Yikes. Remember 2 seasons ago when everyone was drinking the kool-aid and some random poster came in with a drive-by post after a scrimmage that said essentially "No way does this team win more than 2 games" and it proved eerily prescient? I hope this is not the sequel.

My favorite is when we claim to hold back on offense during the first couple REGULAR SEASON games so we have tricks up our sleeves when we hit the conference schedule. We are an enigma.

So it doesn't make sense to possibly lose an OOC game that we should win so that we can almost win a couple of conference games? Seems like a sound strategy to me.

So it doesn't make sense to possibly lose an OOC game that we should win so that we can almost win a couple of conference games? Seems like a sound strategy to me.
We've gotten really good at almost winning.

Didn't know where to post this, but I though someone might like it as a sig pic. At the least, it's kind of funny.

Congrats to Kyle Evans. Nobody works harder and the kid has been pushing the scholarship kids all along. It also shows that it's possible for a walkon to get a scholarship, so it's good to give out a reward here and there. Evans' Bio.

Congrats to Kyle Evans. Nobody works harder and the kid has been pushing the scholarship kids all along. It also shows that it's possible for a walkon to get a scholarship, so it's good to give out a reward here and there. Evans' Bio.

Solid student and citizen too.
He is majoring in both Business (Marketing) and International Affairs at Colorado. As a senior in high school, he was afforded the prestigious California Senate Student-Athlete Recognition honor.

He earned the Gary Bria Service Award a a senior, which recognized him for his service for his school and community.

Watching the replay of the game against the beavers and Kelley's shotgun snaps are at the knees or below.
Anyone who went to the scrimmage Saturday notice if he has improved on this or not?.
Makes it tough on the QB if he doesn't know where the snap is going.

Watching the replay of the game against the beavers and Kelley's shotgun snaps are at the knees or below.
Anyone who went to the scrimmage Saturday notice if he has improved on this or not?.
Makes it tough on the QB if he doesn't know where the snap is going.
I don't think Kelley struggled, i think it was the second and third team offensive line although I do remember one high one Sefo had to jump for. Can't remember which center it was but one backup qb was jumping over and over again to get the ball.

Looks like the team was in full pads today. Listened to the post-practice interview with MacIntyre over on Scout. Sounds like the theme this camp has been physicality, especially in the trenches. It's the right point of emphasis. I'm so nervous about that and whether it shows up on Saturdays. One thing about football that's not talked about enough is that this is a very violent sport. So while a huge skill advantage will sometimes overwhelm an opponent, most games aren't like that. I'd say that the tougher team wins 75 or 80% of the time. CU needs to be that tougher team this season. We haven't been the tougher team since the GB era. And when we had that, we were winning the Big 12 North despite talent deficiencies.

Looks like the team was in full pads today. Listened to the post-practice interview with MacIntyre over on Scout. Sounds like the theme this camp has been physicality, especially in the trenches. It's the right point of emphasis. I'm so nervous about that and whether it shows up on Saturdays. One thing about football that's not talked about enough is that this is a very violent sport. So while a huge skill advantage will sometimes overwhelm an opponent, most games aren't like that. I'd say that the tougher team wins 75 or 80% of the time. CU needs to be that tougher team this season. We haven't been the tougher team since the GB era. And when we had that, we were winning the Big 12 North despite talent deficiencies.
These quotes from Chev were interesting to say the least:
"Sefo's knocking some of that rust off," Chiaverini said. "He's taken steps forward and starting to see the checks and respond. He's a guy who has played a lot of football and it's just a matter of him knowing the system inside and out, being able to run the show — and he's doing that."

Liufau, coming back from a foot injury that sidelined him for the entire spring, seems to now be getting fully comfortable with a revamped offense.

"Even though there's some base stuff they ran from last year that's carried over, there's a lot of new concepts," Chiaverini said. "He's handling them now. He's able to see the picture. He knows I'm hard on him, but he knows he has to make those throws in order for us to get to where we want to go — and he's responding to it."

Huh. I have no idea what to expect from the offense when it steps on the field in 2+ weeks. From "Just small tweaks" "Nothing major" "Tempo is the biggest change" to "Even though there's some base stuff they ran from last year that's carried over, there's a lot of new concepts"

WTF is it?

I think it's a lot different than people think. In the scrimmage, all they ran was the stuff that's the same as last year. They even used last year's OL splits. Just sped it up. I expect a very different and much more dynamic offense this season.

Also, and I don't know if we've talked about this, but I think Lindgren is a better play caller when he's not over thinking things. Going quick in a rhythm should help him. Keep the analytical stuff for the game plan and the discussions with Chev between series.

Back