What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2018-2019 Coaching Carousel..

So the boosters were able to leverage him into changing his deal to make it easier to fire him after next season if he ****s up again. Well played.
I don't understand how they did that. Zero leverage. If this is true, what did he get?

I don't understand how they did that. Zero leverage. If this is true, what did he get?
To keep his job. Something I'm learning about coaches is that while they love their money, they also have massive egos that cannot be served when they're sitting on their couch or in a studio on game day. They'll always care mostly about the job -- and when they don't, then you don't want them anyway because it's time to retire.

Footballscoop reporting that Locksley to Maryland is all but official, just waiting for the end of the SEC championship.
This is a move you would expect from a basketball school.

Best news is that it means Matt Canada is available to be CU's OC if we hire a defensive HC.

To keep his job. Something I'm learning about coaches is that while they love their money, they also have massive egos that cannot be served when they're sitting on their couch or in a studio on game day. They'll always care mostly about the job -- and when they don't, then you don't want them anyway because it's time to retire.
Agree. Gets to live another day. Maybe has a season like 2017 next year.

Meh. I'd rather Chev stay in that role.
76254509.jpg

I'd rather him coach the position he played in college-under Ryan Day or some other offensive guy who would call plays.
He's not bad at all as a QB coach and as a pass game coordinator. He doesn't seem to get the run game, though. That was what I saw his failing as an OC there. And, yes, he's a damn good recruiter.

He's not bad at all as a QB coach and as a pass game coordinator. He doesn't seem to get the run game, though. That was what I saw his failing as an OC there. And, yes, he's a damn good recruiter.

Agree with all that. I'd love to have him as a QB/PGC.

Former USC coaches are motivated to recruit away from USC and to help beat our South Division Rival/Kryptonite! If Lake gets the job, you can bet some of those guys would get a serious look. USC is f-ing it up nicely. Keep it up Helton

Agree with all that. I'd love to have him as a QB/PGC.

I'd be down with him if we hired an offense based HC. If we hire Lake or something, ehhh. That USC offense was a mess.

It's funny how quickly some stars fall. I remember a year or two ago and Martin was looking like a soon to be HC. Then Darnold leaves and suddenly he's dumpster tier.

I'd be down with him if we hired an offense based HC. If we hire Lake or something, ehhh. That USC offense was a mess.

It's funny how quickly some stars fall. I remember a year or two ago and Martin was looking like a soon to be HC. Then Darnold leaves and suddenly he's dumpster tier.
It's almost as if recruiting matters more than coaching...

You’d take Tee Martin in a heartbeat. One of the best recruiters in the nation. I’m guessing he’ll be snatched up by a team willing to pay more than us.

Back