What's new

2019 Buffs Football hype thread

BuffsNYC

Clubber Lang
Club Member
Blast from the past. I remember him really well. Actually took a drive to see him play in HS at Berwick. Put on a show.

I'm pretty sure that whatever joke you're making flew right over my head, tho. :unsure:
Not so much a joke as a cautionary tale about relying on a QB's high school career to predict great things. I'd much rather face this frosh than a guy like they had in Wilkins last season.

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Not so much a joke as a cautionary tale about relying on a QB's high school career to predict great things. I'd much rather face this frosh than a guy like they had in Wilkins last season.
Totally agree. One of the things on which I focus the most with strength of schedule is how many QBs we'll be facing who are upperclassman returning starters and/or 5th year seniors. It makes a huge difference.

dwyermj

Club Member
Club Member
For those who don't want to click and read through it all:

All American
2nd team - Viska
Honorable Mention - Nate and Mustafa

All Pac 12
1st team - Viska, Mustafa, and Nate
Honorable Mention - KD, Davion Taylor

ahoelsken

and the week before us that frosh goes up against a Michigan State defense that was top 10 in total D last year lol

Last edited:

DBT

Club Member
Club Member
I’m not sure whether or not to drink the kool-aid or drink the hemlock. The National media is serving up a big glass of hemlock.

vinniew_11

What a huge difference football is today than it was back in 1981. I went and looked up my neighbor, who played on the 81 team (QB David Johnson). Ended up tearing out his knee. But man, look at those roster sizes! The OL was the size of a ILB in today’s game! To this day, he is one of the most athletic person I know, even at his age now.

Last edited:

Bliff Cranch

Should be in the Fall of Hame
Club Member
What a huge difference football is today than it was back in 1981. I went and looked up my neighbor, who played on the 81 team (QB David Johnson). Ended up tearing out his knee. But man, look at those roster sizes! The OL was the size of a ILB in today’s game! To this day, he is one of the most athletic person I know, even at his age now.

Ah, the what-the-f__k-Chuck season. Best players on that team were Walter Stanley and Victor Scott. And then there was Derek Singleton :(

Bear Fiend

FHCMM was just born 3 decades late.