What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2019 Rocky Mountain Showdown (8/30)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evans is one of those jerks who will say anything to try for an emotional response. He knows that if he says negative stuff about the sheep there aren't enough of them listening to matter so he goes after Buff fans. He also knows that it is much easier to spend his time talking about the same Bronco issues day after day than to actually have to learn something about college football to even have a starting point to talk about.

Schlereth freely admits that he knows nothing about college football. He spends his time focused on the NFL which makes sense considering that his real job with Fox is based on that. His jab towards CU makes some sense for him since he was one of those guys who never got a shot to play at a major school instead ending up at Idaho where they regularly got pounded by their bigger rival Boise. I can see him having the sentiment for the underdog.

Evans is one of those jerks who will say anything to try for an emotional response. He knows that if he says negative stuff about the sheep there aren't enough of them listening to matter so he goes after Buff fans. He also knows that it is much easier to spend his time talking about the same Bronco issues day after day than to actually have to learn something about college football to even have a starting point to talk about.

Schlereth freely admits that he knows nothing about college football. He spends his time focused on the NFL which makes sense considering that his real job with Fox is based on that. His jab towards CU makes some sense for him since he was one of those guys who never got a shot to play at a major school instead ending up at Idaho where they regularly got pounded by their bigger rival Boise. I can see him having the sentiment for the underdog.
And Schlereth has a boner for Joel Klatt so I give him a pass.

I'd have been cool with the Raider look for Friday.

I'm reserving my dislikes for the truly appalling and nebraska fans...but come on... ...clearly you're not a Broncos fan. Your post now makes me want to never see this color combo again on our Buffs.

They know they have to, and the Nub visit will get more attention. Ramnation trying to convince themselves they have a chance says it all (My favorite RN take-FHCMM took his foot off the gas two years in a row, Mel might stomp on it LOL).

The Fan loves ripping Buff fans for being sensitive but won't dare say anything negative about John Elway or the Broncos because they know it would torpedo their entire listening base. So who's really sensitive?

That's wrong-Stink talks about the half a million missed draft picks and lack of depth all the time.

That's wrong-Stink talks about the half a million missed draft picks and lack of depth all the time.
Yeah, DMac also thinks Elway is a terrible GM and should have been fired with VJ. They all criticize the Broncos quite a bit, but at least they talk about them. They take about 5 segments a year leading up to the RMS to give the same lazy discussion about CU/CSU because they just don't know anything about either team or CFB in general.

The local radio stations are starting RMS talk this morning. The Fan said CU Fan is the most sensitive, delusional and butthurt fanbase in Colorado and Altitude spent their segment talking about how they want to see two live rams butting heads in pregame. Soooo yeah, there’s the quality of college football discussion in our state.
They may be on to something, but needs better context. Ralphie head butting Cam would give an apt game preview.

Yeah, DMac also thinks Elway is a terrible GM and should have been fired with VJ. They all criticize the Broncos quite a bit, but at least they talk about them. They take about 5 segments a year leading up to the RMS to give the same lazy discussion about CU/CSU because they just don't know anything about either team or CFB in general.

I actually don't have a problem with that-this is not a rivalry. This year and next year are about beating them bad enough to where they don't want anything to do with us for a while.

I actually don't have a problem with that-this is not a rivalry. This year and next year are about beating them bad enough to where they don't want anything to do with us for a while.
It's the ONE college football game they should at least spend a little bit of time on in a serious way, though. Not because it's a rivalry, although I'd be fine if they played that up during their discussions, but because it's the only game that most of their listener base will stay tuned in for. Of course, it would require them to actually do some research and studying of the CFB game and both teams in order to speak intelligently.

The best segment of the entire week on the radio is when Klatt is on with Evans and Schlereth. He will talk their ears off about college football, until the inevitably pull him back in and force him to talk about the Broncos QB situation.

It's the ONE college football game they should at least spend a little bit of time on in a serious way, though. Not because it's a rivalry, although I'd be fine if they played that up during their discussions, but because it's the only game that most of their listener base will stay tuned in for. Of course, it would require them to actually do some research and studying of the CFB game and both teams in order to speak intelligently.

The best segment of the entire week on the radio is when Klatt is on with Evans and Schlereth. He will talk their ears off about college football, until the inevitably pull him back in and force him to talk about the Broncos QB situation.

One of 2 this year-there are enough Nub fans in this market to where they HAVE to devote a fair amount of time to the Nebraska game next week-probably more so with the Broncos not on until 8pm on the 9th. Frankly, another reason why CU-Nebraska needs to be played as much as the two schools possibly can. Klatt returns tomorrow and is must listen radio. Knows his ****, and he's a riot to listen to. Does he do any sort of weekly podcast?

Last edited:
One of 2 this year-there are enough Nub fans in this market to where they HAVE to devote a fair amount of time to the Nebraska game next week-probably more so with the Broncos not on until 8pm on the 9th. Frankly, another reason why CU-Nebraska needs to be played as much as the two schools possibly can. Klatt returns tomorrow and is must listen radio. Knows his ****, and he's a riot to listen to. Does he do any sort of weekly podcast?
I'm assuming the 90% in favor means he is working on putting something together soon.

Makes sense,,, First time he's responsible for everything. Have to imagine he is going to be heavily involved in making play call suggestions until he is fully comfortable with Summers' decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back