What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2019 Rocky Mountain Showdown (8/30)

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of 2 this year-there are enough Nub fans in this market to where they HAVE to devote a fair amount of time to the Nebraska game next week-probably more so with the Broncos not on until 8pm on the 9th. Frankly, another reason why CU-Nebraska needs to be played as much as the two schools possibly can. Klatt returns tomorrow and is must listen radio. Knows his ****, and he's a riot to listen to. Does he do any sort of weekly podcast?

Completely agree that Klatt is must-listen whenever he's on a weekly segment whether it be on The Fan or Outkick on Fox Sports Radio.

A little bit of a different format but he did a recent 90-minute interview where he talked about his background and how he got to where he is now. I forgot he had played minor league baseball and had some good stories about that, then he had a crazy story about how he got blocked by Jon Beason on a fumble return in what was one of the Nevin Shapiro bounties.

Completely agree that Klatt is must-listen whenever he's on a weekly segment whether it be on The Fan or Outkick on Fox Sports Radio.

A little bit of a different format but he did a recent 90-minute interview where he talked about his background and how he got to where he is now. I forgot he had played minor league baseball and had some good stories about that, then he had a crazy story about how he got blocked by Jon Beason on a fumble return in what was one of the Nevin Shapiro bounties.

Yeah, Bovada has -19.5 at +185. You just have to click on the matchup and there is an alternate line section where you can go up or down quite a bit
No idea why, but I remember that play so vividly that I knew what it looked like before I clicked play,,, weird play to remember so well especially considering I have a **** memory.

What bets do you boys have going into the weekend

I’ve currently got CU but I got it before it was up to -13.5 I can’t remember what it was. Like -12 maybe? And then I took Texas State to cover, Georgia Tech to cover, Kent State to cover, and Utah to cover. Utah and Colorado were the ones I feel absolutely 100% comfortable with

A very significant amount of money on CU at the earliest lines (-10, -10.5, -11, -12)

Awaiting team totals and first quarter action.

Will be awaiting some movement to get good numbers in a few games.

That had a tinge of going out of the way. It does remind me of a time of doing kick offs in practice one day back in high school, and some guy thought he would level me with a cheap shot block. This was because we had a typical high school staredown earlier in the day. The next run, I picked the guy out and put him on his back. It was one of the odd flashes I had playing football. Typically, I just didn’t care too much - especially senior year of high school.

Yeah, I'm a Broncos fan as well as Buffs fan, and for The Fan to **** in that way about CU while giving the Broncos fan base a pass is pretty hilarious.

Why do you think The Fan talks Broncos all the time? Because every time they talk Nuggets, Avs, Rockies, CU, anyone, butthurt Broncos fans text, call, and email whining about them not talking about the Broncos.

Reminds me of a story Klatt shared on the radio about meeting the captains of the Oklahoma team that whopped us in the Big XII Championship (Adrian Peterson's year). The captains met at mid-field before the game and as everyone was shaking hands and saying "Good luck" to each other, a D-Lineman from OU shook Klatt's hand and said "Stay safe."

I've always thought that was the most badass thing you could say to your opponent at midfield before the game. Like it's their responsibility not to die when you hit them.

The overconfidence for this game is starting to concern me. Seems like every time we think we are going to just destroy the goats, we **** the bed.

The overconfidence for this game is starting to concern me. Seems like every time we think we are going to just destroy the goats, we **** the bed.
If CSU wasn't a dumpster fire, I would agree. That team is going to be bad. Like bad bad. Bobo may not last the year.

This is the first year I can remember where RN thinks they're going to get ripped Friday.

feeling the same, a bit nervous I suppose
source.gif

A lot of unknowns on our side is my reason for apprehension. Most of the knowns are on the other side. Happily, most of what we know are that they suck hairy sweaty donkey balls.
As long as CU can come out and score fast then I do believe that csu will fold like a ****ty poker hand.
Buffs can't beat themselves with stupid penalties or turnovers. They just need to let their strengths pummel the csu weaknesses.

CU brings back largely the same team as last year. Unless Tucker and company are deeply incompetent this should be a beat down full stop. I realize this is their first game together, but this is a veteran P5 staff in most areas. Hell, MacIntyre with almost a complete G5 staff in his first game at CU won by 14 points and the talent difference at the time was far closer than now.

That's correct. This is the team that let OSU comeback from 30 down at home when they hadn't won an away game for 2 years. coming off 0-7. Same guys, with system they don't know well....eek kool-aid is WAY too concentrated. 3-9 this year *if* they beat CSU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back