What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2019 Rocky Mountain Showdown (8/30)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get it takes awhile to learn systems fully, but football is still football. The offense does need to know the system 100% to put up a ****load of points.

That's correct. This is the team that let OSU comeback from 30 down at home when they hadn't won an away game for 2 years. coming off 0-7. Same guys, with system they don't know well....eek kool-aid is WAY too concentrated. 3-9 this year *if* they beat CSU.
Pussy

CSU was 110th last year in total defense. Their recruiting classes were in the 80s the last couple of years. Seriously, why would anyone be afraid?

Edit: 117th in scoring defense. That defense is flat out awful.

Last edited:
Klatt segment was good this morning,,, If you wanted to hear his doomsday take on the Broncos offense. Two days out from the RMS, they have a 20 minute segment with Fox's CFB A team color guy, who happens to be a former Buff QB, and they don't ask him a single question about the game.
I kept waiting for some kind of question about the game, Klatt worked in some good burns though without their help. Loved that he ended it with 3-0.

As long as CU can come out and score fast then I do believe that csu will fold like a ****ty poker hand.
Buffs can't beat themselves with stupid penalties or turnovers. They just need to let their strengths pummel the csu weaknesses.

We have annihilated them in the first quarter of the past two games. That should be the main goal for this game.

That's correct. This is the team that let OSU comeback from 30 down at home when they hadn't won an away game for 2 years. coming off 0-7. Same guys, with system they don't know well....eek kool-aid is WAY too concentrated. 3-9 this year *if* they beat CSU.

That game got Mike MacIntyre fired. I'd have canned him right after that one had I been RG. Majority of Saban assistants improve teams they take over. Tucker and staff will get this group to a bowl this year.

Do you seriously believe the fluky loss to OSU and 0-7 was due to the talent on the roster?

I kept waiting for some kind of question about the game, Klatt worked in some good burns though without their help. Loved that he ended it with 3-0.

I'd expect one of their shows will have Mel on today or tomorrow, and if we destroy them like we think we will, they'll have to spend some time talking about the nub game.

YES! I was waiting for the obligatory "fans should take it one game at a time, no overlooking, no over confidence" post that has been absent to this point. Never change CU fans!
I expected that response. I’ve been watching this game for a long time. I really don’t care what the fans do. Historically, when we are the most confident going into this game, we do the worst. Let’s hope that trend doesn’t hold true this year because this is probably as confident as I’ve ever been heading into this game.

I expected that response. I’ve been watching this game for a long time. I really don’t care what the fans do. Historically, when we are the most confident going into this game, we do the worst. Let’s hope that trend doesn’t hold true this year because this is probably as confident as I’ve ever been heading into this game.
If CU struggles with the 117th scoring defense from last year (with a healthy Shenault and Montez in his fifth year) then we're looking at a 1-11 type 2012 season.

Offense - should be stronger than 2018
  • Buffs return just about everyone on offense except the RB position, which I think is the easiest to absorb inexperience.
  • OL in early 2018 had Sherman and Pursell seeing their first game action, all 5 starters now have played at this level.
  • We've added a TE with significant experience from Auburn and Russell is now experienced. We basically have more competition everywhere.
Defense - some unknowns, but if younger DL guys can hold up, overall could be stronger
  • 2018 saw the debut of a bunch of new guys including Tchangam, Wells, Mehki, Lang, Antwein, Mustafa, Abrams and Taylor.
  • Loss of Antwein is big, as is graduation of Edwards. But Sami is 3 full years removed from high school football and hopefully covers for some of that loss.
  • DL depth may not be there to go the full game. You're as good as your weakest link.
Bottom line is that I don't think we were a team that should have lost 7 in a row last year. It had to be frustrating to know that the defense had figured out our offense and would just shoot gaps and exploit us schematically. This was more about schematics than talent. Our blocking scheme quit working by halftime vs OSU. After that, our kids were playing with their hands tied. And that sucked the life out of this team and injuries mounted, coaches lost their spirit, and the team.

I expect CU to turn heads on Friday night, with my only concerns being "new system" bugs early in season (see UCLA and Nebraska last year) and depth. I'm concerned we may not have enough depth along the DL to start with to play an entire game. We definitely have issues if we get the injury bug, at a lot of positions.

CSU will be improved and probably weren't as bad as they looked last year vs us. But they aren't good either. Buffs by 21.

The matchup between our offense and their defense is lopsided in favor of CU.

Talent, size, speed, experience, you name it.

Now might the defense have some issues? Sure, the back end is suspect and there figures to be several DL seeing their first collegiate action. But that is mitigated by a highly questionable OL for CSU.

The matchup between our offense and their defense is lopsided in favor of CU.

Talent, size, speed, experience, you name it.

Now might the defense have some issues? Sure, the back end is suspect and there figures to be several DL seeing their first collegiate action. But that is mitigated by a highly questionable OL for CSU.
I expect that our top 3 corners are better than most expect. Blackmon really showed well in the 2H of last year (he was supposed to redshirt). Miller seems to have picked up his game recently and Abrams should also be improved. Much better group than what played last year. All 3 of the above should be markedly better this year as well, especially as compared to a green Abrams, Wiggley, Udoffia and throwing Mehki in there as well.

I also expect Onu to be an upgrade. Again, it's the depth at DB as it pertains to injuries that scares me on the back end.

I feel like the predictions for this game in 2016 and 2018 were pretty unanimously in our favor, and look how those games played out. To be fair those spreads were only a touchdown.

I find it odd that no ram fans have come to talk smack.
I don't,,,even goat fans' delusions have some limitations. CU is going to mud puddle them in the worst way. MT needs to change the culture and he is going to dispel the ghost of Christmas nice Mac from the program by burying the sheep.

And it would raise some major red flags about this staff going forward, to be honest, no hyperbole.
No doubt. First game of the season always has me nervous. Definitely not because I'm worried about the lammies, just really want the Buffs to show well.

I don't,,,even goat fans' delusions have some limitations. CU is going to mud puddle them in the worst way. MT needs to change the culture and he is going to dispel the ghost of Christmas nice Mac from the program by burying the sheep.

Seriously. I usually fire the first salvo to a Rammie friend (I know, sorry, he married a fellow Buff alum I used to date) and he tries to put on a brave face with some return smack.

Not this year.

No doubt. First game of the season always has me nervous. Definitely not because I'm worried about the lammies, just really want the Buffs to show well.
Chev was a first time playcaller last year, and ultimately proved to be pretty bad at it as the year went on, and they still boat raced CSU. They did that by getting the ball to their best player a ton and letting him do his thing. This game isn't going to come down to schemes, execution, x's and o's, etc. It's going to come down to CU's OL pushing CSU's DL around all game and getting the ball to their best players and letting their vastly superior talent out play CSU. They should be able to stay pretty vanilla and still cover the spread.

Last edited:
Hopefully the team takes on the personality of the HC. My concern on offense is that Montez play like a 5th year senior and not the deer in the headlights guy we’ve seen on occasion.

80s Ram Fan over at Lamenation is totally talking smack. He's a tool that's been on the board for ages. He was the dick weed who started the whole
'Poster Gate' when BVP was QB.

That fool is going to want Mikey Bobo canned by midnight on Friday.

80s Ram Fan over at Lamenation is totally talking smack. He's a tool that's been on the board for ages. He was the dick weed who started the whole
'Poster Gate' when BVP was QB.
Wasn't he also the F-16's over DIA guy too? He is special, if you know what I mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back