What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2020-21 MBB Season

college basketball ncaa mbb 2019 GIF by NCAA March Madness
-er

Still not ranked, "#27"

Second on the others receiving votes list.

Not shocking. l think almost all of the ranked team losses last week were to other ranked teams.

Sweep the Washington schools and we might rocket up to #26 or #25.

Were ranked lower in the coaches poll last week, interesting to see what happens there later this afternoon.

Yeah sucks to not get a ranking, just gotta keep winning. Makes sense for UCLA to enter rankings, stupid that St Louis hangs around when they haven’t played since 12/23.

Men and women swept PAC player and freshman of the week awards. Very nice.
Pac-12 Men's POTW:
Pac-12 Men's Basketball Player of the Week, presented by Nextiva (1/18/21)
McKinley Wright IV, COLORADO
Sr., G, North Robbinsdale, Minn.

• The Bob Cousy Point Guard of the Year candidate averaged 8.0 assists in three victories last week en route to becoming Colorado's all-time assists leader (582).
• Dished out a career-high and Pac-12 season-high tying 12 assists - including the program-record setter - in an 89-60 rout of California. Also scored 13 points against the Golden Bears for his 13th career double-double.
• For the week, averaged 12.0 points along with his 8.0 assists and recorded a 4-to-1 assist-to-turnover ratio.
• Quickly closing in (1,582p/568r/582a) on becoming the first men's basketball player in Conference history to reach 1,600 points, 600 rebounds and 600 assists in his career.
• League-leading third Player of the Week honor of 2020-21, and Colorado record fifth of his career which is tied for the seventh-most in Conference history. He is the first to reach five career Player of the Week awards since Washington's Quincy Pondexter in 2010.
Pac-12 Men's Freshman POTW:
Pac-12 Men's Basketball Freshman of the Week, presented by Nextiva (1/18/21)
Jabari Walker, COLORADO
Fr., F, Inglewood, Calif.

• In just over 20 minutes per game in three Colorado victories, averaged 16.3 points on 60 percent shooting (18-30), including 5-of-7 from three-point range, and 9.7 rebounds.
• Recorded the first two double-doubles of his collegiate career with 15 points and 10 rebounds in a win at Utah, then a career-high 23 points and 11 boards in a rout of California.
• Added third double-figure scoring game with 11 points and eight rebounds in win over Stanford.
• Marks the third time one program swept both Player and Freshman of the Week awards (Stanford, 12/21/20; USC, 11/25/19).
Pac-12 Women's POTW:
PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Mya Hollingshed, Sr., G, COLORADO (Houston, Texas)
3 GP, 21.3 ppg, 9.7 rpg, 2.3 spg, .480 FG (24-50), .846 FT (11-13)

• Scored a career-high 32 points in the overtime upset of top-ranked Stanford.
  • Shot 12-of-24 (.500) from the field including 4-of-10 (.400) from three-point range against the No. 1 Cardinal. Added 10 rebounds and five steals for her sixth double-double of the year.
  • Recorded 14 points and 10 boards against USC.
  • Poured in 18 points in the win over California.
  • This is Hollingshed’s first career weekly honor and Colorado’s fifth Player of the Week award all-time.
Pac-12 Women's Frehsman POTW:
FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK: Frida Formann, Fr., G, COLORADO (Bagsværd, Denmark)
3 GP, 11.3 ppg, 5.3 rpg, 2.0 apg, .600 FG (12-20), .667 3FG (8-12)

• Scored 15 points - five of which came in overtime - in the upset of No. 1 Stanford. Shot 5-of-7 (.714) from the field including 3-of-4 (.750) from deep.
  • Added six rebounds and three assists against the top-ranked Cardinal.
  • Recorded a season-high 19 points in the victory over California, going 5-of-6 (.833) from beyond the arc, and hauled in seven boards.
  • This is Formann’s first Freshman of the Week award and Colorado’s 12th all-time.

Funny story. My kid bet $50 on Kansas vs bailer to win $45. The spread was 8 1/2. With 1 minute to go, bailer was up 15 with a horrible FT (58%) shooter for KU at the line. His first shot rattled out, hit the backboard and dropped in. His second hit the back of the rim, bounced straight up and dropped in. bailer up by 13. Then with about 35 seconds left, KU steels the ball and makes the layup with 32 seconds left. bailer up 11. Then bailer dribbled the to a shot clock violation with 2 seconds. KU inbounded at half court to some scrub. He pump faked, the bailer defender flew by, and he fired a 45 foot shot off the glass and in at the buzzer. The announcer said, “Well, that will make some people very happy” while my kid was pumping is arm. He won $45, haha.

Last edited:
Funny story. My kid bet $50 on Kansas vs bailer to win $45. The spread was 8 1/2. With 1 minute to go, bailer was up 15 with a horrible FT (58%) shooter for KU at the line. His first shot rattled out, hit the backboard and dropped in. His second hit the back of the rim, bounced straight up and dropped in. bailer up by 13. Then with about 35 seconds left, KU steels the ball and makes the layup with 32 seconds left. bailer up 11. Then bailer dribbled the to a shot clock violation with 2 seconds. KU inbounded at half court to some scrub. He pump faked, the bailer defender flew by, and he fired a 45 foot shot off the glass and in at the buzzer. The announcer said, “Well, that will make some people very happy” while my kid was pumping is arm. He won $45, haha.
Anatomy of a "bad beat" for all the assholes who would put money behind supporting **** bailer.

What are y'all hoping for as an outcome for this season?

Sweet 16 is what I'm hoping for.

Not counting placement games (loser's bracket stuff), we've had one team win two NCAA tourney games in 1955.

Not counting placement games (loser's bracket stuff), we've had one team win two NCAA tourney games in 1955.

I think S16 is a ceiling for the team, so yes, I hope for that too. But, just get a tournament win - I'd be happy with that.

0. all players and staff stay healthy
1. Pac-12 regular season championship (IMO, a bigger accomplishment than the tourney, but less meaningful)
2. Pac-12 tourney champ
3. finish the season being the team in the Pac 12 that never caused a game to be postponed or cancelled due to Covid
4. beat Gonzaga in the tourney en route to a Final 4 bid (I'm assuming that we'll be in the same region although with all games in Indy, geography could mean even less to the committee than usual. also, I root against private schools in general, and religious schools in particular)

1. Pac-12 regular season championship (IMO, a bigger accomplishment than the tourney, but less meaningful)
2. Pac-12 tourney champ
3. finish the season being the team in the Pac 12 that never caused a game to be postponed or cancelled due to Covid
4. beat Gonzaga in the tourney en route to a Final 4 bid (I'm assuming that we'll be in the same region although with all games in Indy, geography could mean even less to the committee than usual. also, I root against private schools in general, and religious schools in particular)
Item 4 Regions are almost completely irrelevant, even pre-covid. The last several (10-15?) years the committee takes some level of consideration for travel in the first two rounds, and they also try to put the number 1 seed in the region that makes the most sense geographically (Gonzaga would definitely be the 1 in the West this year), but aside from that, your geographical location has NO relevance to what region you get put in.

Item 1 is going to be very difficult to accomplish too, just because UCLA is two games up with a win in hand already. They're not gonna fall apart. But I really like it as an ultimate goal.

2. Pac-12 tourney champ
The committee said they're doing away with geography for seeding, and will only go away from snaking through the seeding lines to avoid in conference matchups.

A regular season championship would be huge, and I agree that it's a bigger accomplishment.

Some interesting changes:
First Four on a Thursday
First round on Fri/Sat
Second Round on Sun/Mon
Sweet 16 the following Sat/Sun---each game will gets its own viewing window
Elite 8 Mon/Tue---primetime tipoffs
Final4/Championship still Sat/Mon

Definitely a Tournament bid. Definitely a first round win. Really want the Sweet 16. After that a steaming bowl of gravy.

Some interesting changes:
First Four on a Thursday
First round on Fri/Sat
Second Round on Sun/Mon
Sweet 16 the following Sat/Sun---each game will gets its own viewing window
Elite 8 Mon/Tue---primetime tipoffs
Final4/Championship still Sat/Mon

This sucks, 2nd round games on a Monday and the Elite 8 on Monday and Tuesday? Oh well, at least there'll be a tournament this year

This sucks, 2nd round games on a Monday and the Elite 8 on Monday and Tuesday? Oh well, at least there'll be a tournament this year
By cranking through it in 14 days, it is much less likely someone brings Covid to the arena and knocks an opposing team that beats them out of the tournament in the next round.

By cranking through it in 14 days, it is much less likely someone brings Covid to the arena and knocks an opposing team that beats them out of the tournament in the next round.

But they're only cutting off 2 days, it's not like they're cutting off a week or something. In that case they could've just dropped the first four which pretty much everyone agrees is dumb anyway and had this same timeline.

Dropped to 17 in the NET and 17 in KenPom. It's safe to say a regular season Pac 12 championship is no longer possible. Top 4 seed in Pac 12 Tourney is still very much in the mix. Also still a lock to make the tournament as of now. Still a horrible loss but not one that gets us anywhere near the bubble.

Back