What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2020 CU football season POSTPONED until Nov 6th?

But what about myocarditis? The Pac 12 needs to stay shut down until we have a vaccine that has been rushed through development. Then it will be perfectly safe to restart football.
You are getting your information and being told what to think by a bunch of people who have trouble spelling science much less understanding how it works and the results it generates and you are trying to make an argument about vaccines?

So Larry Scott has said he wants alignment with the B1G on the football season to have "some traditional postseason opportunities" essentially the Rose Bowl. Wouldn't it be great though if the B1G and Pac 12 just decided to match every one up with their conference counterpoint (Pac 12 #1 plays B1G #1 in Rose Bowl, Pac 12 #7 plays B1G #7 in ____ bowl, etc.) The bottom two B1G teams would just play each other. It's already a screwed up season so why not have some fun with the finish.

I used ESPN's FPI (ranks in parentheses) to get an idea of potential matchups and just look who CU could play:
Oregon (8)OSU (2)
USC (13)Wisconsin (4)
Utah (24)Penn State (7)
Washington (28)Michigan (19)
Stanford (31)Iowa (22)
Cal (42)Indiana (23)
ASU (48)Northwestern (25)
UCLA (49)Minnesota (30)
Arizona (57)****braska (40)
Wazzu (58)Purdue (47)
OSU (70)Illinois (53)
Colorado (75)Michigan State (67)
Maryland (79)Rutgers (82)

All the more reason to turn the Mel Tucker is gone thread into a Schlereth and Evans "Paxton Lynch smear campaign" style thread (all in good fun obviously)

Damn. And we thought we had budget problems. The entire department?!? What do they do with all the athletes?

That's a good question.

Damn. And we thought we had budget problems. The entire department?!? What do they do with all the athletes?
Does this also include medical and training staff? Academic support? Etc?

Depending on how long the furlough is they could do some serious damage to some kids and the long term stability of some programs.

If they only do it with some people for a week or two then it is just an expense reduction.

The furlough just means everyone will not be reporting to work and getting paid for a certain amount of time before the end of the fiscal year. It does not mean everyone is just leaving all at once and no one is in the building because the furloughs are staggered.

I hate to be the one to break it to the "it's no big deal to college kids" crew: YOU DON'T KNOW THAT.

My mom had covid in March. No hospital stay, no special treatment. She was diagnosed with permanent lung damage YESTERDAY. It wasn't until 6 months later that it showed up.

Yes, my mom is obviously much older than a college student, but there has been no correlation proven between age and lasting effects of covid. Death, yes. Hospitalization, yes. Lasting effects, no.

It's fun and all to spin bull**** that fits your agenda, but there is literally no way to prove that anyone infected today will have no lingering effects 6 months from now.
Sorry to hear man. That's the scary **** about this stuff, the unknown of it.

The furlough just means everyone will not be reporting to work and getting paid for a certain amount of time before the end of the fiscal year. It does not mean everyone is just leaving all at once and no one is in the building because the furloughs are staggered.
Not sure exactly how it is throughout the entire AD at Utah, but my brother in-law said he is furloughed for two weeks.

Not sure exactly how it is throughout the entire AD at Utah, but my brother in-law said he is furloughed for two weeks.

Yeah, sounds like what has happened in many industries. I know a 9News employee who said he had a two week furlough as well, he just had to pick when in a specific time period.

The only real silver lining is it generally means you keep health care benefits.

This isn't the first time we've seen this-Boise did it during the spring

Watching TXst and SMU

have 25% capacity so 7500 fans in San Marcos

Just watched some of MTSU-Army and they only had cadets at the game. I thought they said the attendance was something like 241 but it looked like alot more than that, unless they were only talking about non-cadets. Although I only saw cadets in the crowd shots. Game-wise, Army had 5 drives and 6 TD's not counting the last 2-play drive to run out the clock.

One thing I found interesting is they said that since Army has started football practice they have had 0 positive tests. I'm guessing that's because of their regimented lifestyle.

Just watched some of MTSU-Army and they only had cadets at the game. I thought they said the attendance was something like 241 but it looked like alot more than that, unless they were only talking about non-cadets. Although I only saw cadets in the crowd shots. Game-wise, Army had 5 drives and 6 TD's not counting the last 2-play drive to run out the clock.

One thing I found interesting is they said that since Army has started football practice they have had 0 positive tests. I'm guessing that's because of their regimented lifestyle.
I’m guessing 200-300 person house parties don’t happen at West Point.

Watching football and enjoying it.... but it doesn’t feel the same

I get what you're saying but the real test will be next week when the ACC and Big 12 start playing. I normally wouldn't watch a game like MTSU-Army or SMU-Texas State even if it was the only game on on a Thursday or Friday night. Plus a good portion of my interest today is just to see what it looks like, but with some of these smaller school games it doesn't seem like a huge difference given that they often have sparse crowds even under normal circumstances.

I get what you're saying but the real test will be next week when the ACC and Big 12 start playing. I normally wouldn't watch a game like MTSU-Army or SMU-Texas State even if it was the only game on on a Thursday or Friday night. Plus a good portion of my interest today is just to see what it looks like, but with some of these smaller school games it doesn't seem like a huge difference given that they often have sparse crowds even under normal circumstances.

I wouldn't forget about the NFL next week too. IIRC the only three teams i've heard who will have fans in the stands are the Chiefs, Dolphins, and Cowboys.

I'm gonna watch a bit of Arkansas State-Memphis before the Nuggets come on.

I wouldn't forget about the NFL next week too. IIRC the only three teams i've heard who will have fans in the stands are the Chiefs, Dolphins, and Cowboys.

I'm gonna watch a bit of Arkansas State-Memphis before the Nuggets come on.

It seems like the NFL has really snuck up on people. Jags are allowing fans too.

996963EE-6B05-480E-80A9-B581BE0D29BA.jpeg
It was glorious.

Back