What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2020 CU football season POSTPONED until Nov 6th?

The furlough just means everyone will not be reporting to work and getting paid for a certain amount of time before the end of the fiscal year. It does not mean everyone is just leaving all at once and no one is in the building because the furloughs are staggered.

It does mean they can apply for Unemployment, and since Utah is a Red state they should run and get that extra $400!!!!

I hate to be the one to break it to the "it's no big deal to college kids" crew: YOU DON'T KNOW THAT.

My mom had covid in March. No hospital stay, no special treatment. She was diagnosed with permanent lung damage YESTERDAY. It wasn't until 6 months later that it showed up.

Yes, my mom is obviously much older than a college student, but there has been no correlation proven between age and lasting effects of covid. Death, yes. Hospitalization, yes. Lasting effects, no.

It's fun and all to spin bull**** that fits your agenda, but there is literally no way to prove that anyone infected today will have no lingering effects 6 months from now.

I'm so sorry about your mother and hopefully she gets to live a normal life.

I had the balls to go to the CFB Reddit forum and say that CFB needs to be shut down. Got more downvotes than upvotes over there. Some people just care more for school pride than a living person.

I'm so sorry about your mother and hopefully she gets to live a normal life.

I had the balls to go to the CFB Reddit forum and say that CFB needs to be shut down. Got more downvotes than upvotes over there. Some people just care more for school pride than a living person.

I think there's a way to do this safely. Minimize travel. Old referees and old assistant coaches should opt-out. Respect to Kenny Gainwell from Memphis opting out given how hard COVID-19 has hit his family. Somebody like Lee Corso probably should be doing his bit from home this season.

I think there's a way to do this safely. Minimize travel. Old referees and old assistant coaches should opt-out. Respect to Kenny Gainwell from Memphis opting out given how hard COVID-19 has hit his family. Somebody like Lee Corso probably should be doing his bit from home this season.
He lives in Florida. It’s not like he’s safe at home.

It'll be interesting to see what they do with Corso next Saturday given how it will be live from Winston-Salem. His participation has been limited in recent years so I'd be surprised if he's on site next week.

It'll be interesting to see what they do with Corso next Saturday given how it will be live from Winston-Salem. His participation has been limited in recent years so I'd be surprised if he's on site next week.

My guess is his bit is virtual this year. Gonna be interesting to see how everything is this year-I gotta think they'll be at most (if not all) the games Herbstreit works.

It's possible to do this safely IF the entire college student body buys in. We will be finding out within the next several weeks given Labor Day weekend.

It's possible to do this safely IF the entire college student body buys in. We will be finding out within the next several weeks given Labor Day weekend.
I'm reminded about a time the Boulder fire department was called out to my friends' place on the hill because we were chopping down a tree at 2 in the morning to burn in a fire pit that was inexplicably in their backyard. Somehow I don't think the student body will "buy in". I'm surprised I remember that night, but I do.

I'm reminded about a time the Boulder fire department was called out to my friends' place on the hill because we were chopping down a tree at 2 in the morning to burn in a fire pit that was inexplicably in their backyard. Somehow I don't think the student body will "buy in". I'm surprised I remember that night, but I do.

More important that the teams themselves do. If the students don't........well I think we're getting used to sports being "made for TV" as a society.

Out of how many students is the question.
Everyone in the residence halls is being tested weekly. Those in the 4 dorms that were triggered by the sewage treatment had additional tests. Off campus students can get a test at the health center, but no idea how many are doing that.

Nope. The question is how quickly will it spread. 50 today could be 500 in two weeks, or could be 50.
You’re right. Incidence percentage isn’t a useful epidemiological statistic. Your raw speculation is more important.

You’re right. Incidence percentage isn’t a useful epidemiological statistic. Your raw speculation is more important.
🤣 OK, whatever you say. I’ll forget about the R0 value when you’re around. Wouldn’t want to speculate.

There are a lot of factors that are important. Positivity percentage, hospitalization trends, death rates and yes, raw positivity numbers are all important. Each statistic tells a story, but the story isn’t complete without looking at all the factors involved.

Rising case numbers without a corresponding rise in hospitalizations and deaths *could* point to decreased lethality of the virus or improved treatments or changing characteristics of the infected - or a combination of all three.
Point being that just looking at case numbers ignores a lot of other important factors.

What bugs me about the Pac 12’s decision was that they seemed so indecisive and waiting for other P5’s to make a move first. Then when the Big 10++ made the switch, they jumped. It makes the Pac look so whimpy.

There are a lot of factors that are important. Positivity percentage, hospitalization trends, death rates and yes, raw positivity numbers are all important. Each statistic tells a story, but the story isn’t complete without looking at all the factors involved.

Rising case numbers without a corresponding rise in hospitalizations and deaths *could* point to decreased lethality of the virus or improved treatments or changing characteristics of the infected - or a combination of all three.
Point being that just looking at case numbers ignores a lot of other important factors.
Good post. People will pick and choose whatever they want to fit their agenda on all sides.

Back