What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2020 CU football season POSTPONED until Nov 6th?

Here are the guidelines straight from CDPH

Number 2 and number 3 appear to apply to TRAINING only.

Number 5 seems to address how you can play football.

I swear, if the Pac12 is not playing football because they just read to number two and stopped...
Practicing is training. I don’t get why you aren’t understanding this. You can’t practice football with 12 people on the field at once. Newsome even said that it would be harder for sports like football in his statement today. It’s why the professional teams had to be granted exemptions from these guidelines.

Practicing is training. I don’t get why you aren’t understanding this. You can’t practice football with 12 people on the field at once. Newsome even said that it would be harder for sports like football in his statement today. It’s why the professional teams had to be granted exemptions from these guidelines.

In this scenario I do not believe they are equating practicing with training. When the guideline says "...composed of six to 12 individuals, all members of the same team..." it is referring to no cross training between the basketball team and football team. That only makes sense if you are referring to weight training, cardio training, rehab, etc.

In this scenario I do not believe they are equating practicing with training. When the guideline says "...composed of six to 12 individuals, all members of the same team..." it is referring to no cross training between the basketball team and football team. That only makes sense if you are referring to weight training, cardio training, rehab, etc.
Go read Wilner. He is talking about groups of 12 or smaller.

So the Pac 12 has better testing than even the NFL does on the way-and doesn't have the variance?

Sir Lawrence should have engaged the west coast governors the minute the league got this deal done.

Go read Wilner. He is talking about groups of 12 or smaller.

There are absolutely guidelines towards cohorting in groups of 6-12. So your D-Lineman will go lift weights, while your WR run sprints. But it is obvious in guidelines 5-10 that concessions have been made to allow for practice of larger, contact sports like football.

The whole point of the cohorting thing is contact tracing. If there is an outbreak on the football team, they want it contained to the football team. They don't want the DLine cohort working out next to or with the Point Guard Cohort and now the football team and the basketball team have an outbreak.

Here are the guidelines straight from CDPH

Number 2 and number 3 appear to apply to TRAINING only.

Number 5 seems to address how you can play football.

I swear, if the Pac12 is not playing football because they just read to number two and stopped...
It sounds like all the confusion is because someone read "consistently" as "exclusively"

Smh

This is exactly my point. I don’t expect the governor of California to have spent one minute in the last month thinking about college football.

Meh. I do think he's playing politics here though. He's admitted in interviews he's a big Niner fan-I think assuming he knows enough about football to know there's only so much you can get done going 6 on 6.

Meh. I do think he's playing politics here though. He's admitted in interviews he's a big Niner fan-I think assuming he knows enough about football to know there's only so much you can get done going 6 on 6.
You really think the governor of California is angling for the college football fan vote?

There are absolutely guidelines towards cohorting in groups of 6-12. So your D-Lineman will go lift weights, while your WR run sprints. But it is obvious in guidelines 5-10 that concessions have been made to allow for practice of larger, contact sports like football.

The whole point of the cohorting thing is contact tracing. If there is an outbreak on the football team, they want it contained to the football team. They don't want the DLine cohort working out next to or with the Point Guard Cohort and now the football team and the basketball team have an outbreak.
You clearly need to ready it again lol it says the maximum group you can have is 12 people and then talks about limiting the contact of those 12 people with other groups and each other when possible not about having more than 12 people in those groups. If you think you know more about this than the teams in those states from reading something real quick then go off on your rant.

You clearly need to ready it again lol it says the maximum group you can have is 12 people and then talks about limiting the contact of those 12 people with other groups and each other when possible not about having more than 12 people in those groups. If you think you know more about this than the teams in those states from reading something real quick then go off on your rant.

Gov. Newsom has stated that his health department collaborated with the NCAA in drawing up guidelines for College Athletics in the state of California. You think the NCAA would recommend that football teams cannot hold 11 v 11 or 7 v 7 drills? You think the NCAA would recommend that you must either separate your team into position groups that can ONLY practice together or basically you must separate your team by their place on the depth chart, and not allow backups to get reps?

This document is guidance for "institutions of higher education". It is how an athletic department is to setup guidelines for keeping its "community" safe and separate. It is not football specific.

Additionally, based on the fact that Pac12 Leadership apparently has not discussed return to play options with governors of California and Oregon, I have no faith that the conference critically read through these guidelines or made any effort to obtain clarification from the states.

Gov. Newsom has stated that his health department collaborated with the NCAA in drawing up guidelines for College Athletics in the state of California. You think the NCAA would recommend that football teams cannot hold 11 v 11 or 7 v 7 drills? You think the NCAA would recommend that you must either separate your team into position groups that can ONLY practice together or basically you must separate your team by their place on the depth chart, and not allow backups to get reps?

This document is guidance for "institutions of higher education". It is how an athletic department is to setup guidelines for keeping its "community" safe and separate. It is not football specific.

Additionally, based on the fact that Pac12 Leadership apparently has not discussed return to play options with governors of California and Oregon, I have no faith that the conference critically read through these guidelines or made any effort to obtain clarification from the states.
Yes I do, go read them. They don’t say anything about meeting in groups because that is up to local governments. This is what the NCAA said:
  • All member schools must adhere to federal, state and local guidelines related to COVID-19. Further, the conduct of NCAA championships must be in line with federal, state and local guidelines.

Some of you guys need to go outside and enjoy the time you have left on earth.
Take off the masks and get some fresh air. We all have 10 years left before the end of the planet because of climate change so come on get outside and enjoy life.

Larry Scott should have been replaced already anyway.

I am more talking about the incompetence of Pac 12 leadership if what she is saying is true, that they have not presented state leadership with any plans

That does not sound that crazy to me. A lot of nitty gritty details can hashed out in that meeting without an "official" plan. I would feel pretty confident at Oregon and Oregon State based on that statement.

The stuff with California sounds like a bigger issue to me because it appears both sides are talking past each other in public.

It seems like the Pac 12 leadership, AD's, and presidents should have plans in place by early next week and then hopefully have word by the end of next week. Is it possible to get practices started by the second week of October?

That does not sound that crazy to me. A lot of nitty gritty details can hashed out in that meeting without an "official" plan. I would feel pretty confident at Oregon and Oregon State based on that statement.

The stuff with California sounds like a bigger issue to me because it appears both sides are talking past each other in public.
It's pretty obvious both sides are saying one thing publicly and another behind closed doors.

Back