What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2020 CU football season POSTPONED until Nov 6th?

Although I'm sure the Health Department took steps to provide clarity, the Order is not written clearly. The FAQ makes it even more confusing. The Order itself makes the Stay at Home only for the Subject Properties in Exhibit A, which are the nuisance properties; and 90% of the prohibitions go to that. The Gathering provision seems to be separate, but if you read the order as a whole, I think the interpretation is that it is for the nuisance properties, not the whole City or County. If so, a ton of students that need to work to pay for school would be caught up in it--and someone will run to court and challenge it. What I sort of see is that the City/County passed this thing through this with the initial intention of dealing with nuisance properties but also sneaking in the gatherings such that it will be overbroad in scaring students. However, the meat of the Order is toward the nuisance houses... It may depend on how the Police interpret it. NYC is correct about the State Property comment--the City does not have much authority when it comes to on-campus activities.
IANAL, but I did read the full order. it seems clear that:
  1. the gatherings apply to everyone 18-22 w/in the city of Boulder
  2. SAH applies to the properties in the Exhibit
  3. monitoring, testing and cooperation applies to all CU students
I don't see any ambiguity there.

Guys, just have players meet at XYZ field in diff county.
Find a field outside of Boulder County to get practice in. Not sure how they'd get lifting in, though
this does seem the only solution.

however, they can't share the same transport leaving Boulder, so that poses another problem.

I assume it would be an NCAA violation for anyone to offer them a ride.

can they legally prohibit gatherings within a specific age range?!?!?!

also, I figuratively can't believe that CU is going to fûck up football for the Pac12!?!?!?!

in addition to Colorados restrictions, Boulders very harsh restrictions, California is also probably not in the supportive camp either. Say add the 4 other PAC schools that might be on that list as restricted in practice, meeting, or competing.

Second confirmation:

1. the tweet says 'confirmed' regarding impact on CU Athletics, but the linked article makes no mention of such a confirmation.
2. the linked article states "Residents must wear a mask at all times outside of their home. " but the PHO does not state this from what I can tell.

Welp. Looks like we ain’t playing Halloween
Yeah, not unless they can figure out a way to get around it and get practice and lifting/running in during the next 2 weeks.

11/7 would give a 4 week ramp up period, which would probably work for CU since they've been practicing and lifting for a little now.

Go up to FoCo to practice and lift. MW isn't planning to return to play (AFAIK), CSU isn't using those facilities. Not that they do anyway.

is there any precedent or justification for deeming athletics to be "educational activities"?

1600965297711.png

Go up to FoCo to practice and lift. MW isn't planning to return to play (AFAIK), CSU isn't using those facilities. Not that they do anyway.
1. MWC is likely returning as well
2. Not sure CSU is going to allow CU football to use their facilities
3. Even if they did, are they all going to drive separately every day?

Send the team to Nederland to practice in the high, high, high altitude!!
  1. Ned is in BoCo
  2. they can't ride together or be bussed together
  3. i believe offering athletes transportation not available to the general student body would be an impermissible benefit
to be clear, I'm all about finding the exemption

Progressive politics strike again!!! I find it amazing the way progressive politics can undermine every aspect of life in its single-minded zeal to avoid the negative.
There have been over 1200 COVID cases at CU. This is not progressive politics, this is managing an epidemic (poorly, I might add).

CU can just move its football training camp out of Boulder County.

Send the team to Nederland to practice in the high, high, high altitude!!

Nederland is still in Boulder County. Estes Park could be an option and I played football at that school for two seasons. There is a practice field south of the high school next to the lake. Stadium is just north of the stadium with night lights. Four baseball fields at a nearby park are there and outfields could be used for group positions. The players will need to get used to kicking elk droppings around but the groundskeepers have the appropriate gear for removing those.

How is this progressive politics? CU has a huge surge in cases, the largest in the state, and officials are trying to stop it. It’s more like common sense.

It is VERY progressive, and officials aren't going to stop jack squat. Out of all these cases, there are approximately zero hospitalizations and zero deaths. COVID is running its course through the Boulder population, and no amount of progressive policies are going to stop it. All these policies will do is prolong the course of the disease. Pretty progressive, and very stupid. But I repeat myself.

CU can just move fall camp to UNC...the Broncos used to have summer training camp up there until the Bears moved up to D1. The Bears won't be playing until spring so why not use that?

It is VERY progressive, and officials aren't going to stop jack squat. Out of all these cases, there are approximately zero hospitalizations and zero deaths. COVID is running its course through the Boulder population, and no amount of progressive policies are going to stop it. All these policies will do is prolong the course of the disease. Pretty progressive, and very stupid. But I repeat myself.

We get it. In defiance of all evidence, you believe that COVID-19 poses no health risks to young people. No need to continue to parade your stupidity in every post, we've all been convinced.

How is this progressive politics? CU has a huge surge in cases, the largest in the state, and officials are trying to stop it. It’s more like common sense.

This is very easily manageable by CU - athletes would be kept in an extreme bubble for two weeks and tested frequently, with virtually no risk to anyone in the Boulder community. But no - the progressive mindset does not allow for common sense solutions. It's all about following top-down edicts whether they make any sense or not.

There are actually a lot of ways to stop the spread, hence why they shut down 36 properties (mostly frats and sororities). Colorado has done a pretty good job with all of this lately and to see cases spike because of college kids is going to bring on restrictions if you have a brain. Also do you know anyone at CU right now? Hospitalizations is only part of the picture, there are some kids that are getting really really sick and this disease spreads like wildfire.

This is very easily manageable by CU - athletes would be kept in an extreme bubble for two weeks and tested frequently, with virtually no risk to anyone in the Boulder community. But no - the progressive mindset does not allow for common sense solutions. It's all about following top-down edicts whether they make any sense or not.
That’s fine, and I do think you will see discussions around this today and tomorrow. But to say this is progressive politics is stupid. City officials don’t go through every potential gathering in Boulder and rule which ones can go on and which ones can’t.

5-day-0921.jpeg

We will see in about 1-2 weeks if this spike translates to more hospitalizations

There have been over 1200 COVID cases at CU. This is not progressive politics, this is managing an epidemic (poorly, I might add).

100% disagree - it is absolutely progressive fear-based politics at work.

CU athletes are already being kept in a bubble which has virtually eliminated any risk of community transmission. All CU athletes were recently tested - zero positives. But let's not use common sense and lock them down like fraternities/sororities.

CU athletes are already being kept in a bubble which has virtually eliminated any risk of community transmission. All CU athletes were recently tested - zero positives. But let's not sue common sense and lock them down like fraternities/sororities.
fear based politics? Man, who does that make me think of...

CU athletes are already being kept in a bubble which has virtually eliminated any risk of community transmission. All CU athletes were recently tested - zero positives. But let's not sue common sense and lock them down like fraternities/sororities.
You have no idea if there were no positives on the team. They don’t release that information.

That’s fine, and I do think you will see discussions around this today and tomorrow. But to say this is progressive politics is stupid. City officials don’t go through every potential gathering in Boulder and rule which ones can go on and which ones can’t.

You obviously don't understand the the mindset and world view of many progressives.

Back